1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Josip Juranovic

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by GavCFC1, Aug 21, 2021.

Discuss Josip Juranovic in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    I’m well aware I’m probably mega Ralston biased cos a love him, but I genuinely think the stuff Ralston excels in and the stuff Jura excels in, in comparison Ralston’s stuff that he’s not as good at as, is not as great a difference than Jura has with the stuff Ralston’s good at.

Ralston’s far, far more dangerous.

Creativecelt and Mickmac like this.
  2. Big C

I agree.
    My opinion, so don’t shoot me please. I don’t see why he gets so many plaudits. He’s decent, but no world beater. He has far greater poor passes and distribution than Ralston and contributes less in assists and goals scored in open play. He comes across as really likeable and seems to like it here maybe that’s why, and he’s not from the academy which helps, or maybe the people raving about him aren’t actually managing to get along to the games. For example some folk said he had a good game on Saturday, he didn’t. He was bang average and nothing more, or less. I would personally take the money, if there was genuine interest at £15 million, and invest it throughout the team.

3. PaddyJamieson

Ralston over JJ domestically for me right now.

stew37 likes this.
  4. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

Being linked to Chelsea. Doubt it very much since the Atletico rumour got shot down by him.

5. celtic warrior

I can't explain it but moving to clubs to Man Utd or Chelsea just seems a bit strange right now.

I mean Man Utd is easy to just put as such a toxic basket case wreck of club right now.

But as much as I love him I don't see what he would offer in improvement for Chelsea and Man Utd given the raft of players out there they could each reasonably afford who are arguably much better than Juranovic.

6. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

Money is always the main motive.

7. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Chelsea are interested in signing Celtic's Croatian full-back Josip Juranovic, 90minunderstands.

The Blues have been working hard to bolster their defensive options this summer and already have concluded deals for Kalidou Koulibaly and Marc Cucurella, costing nearly £100m in the process.

They also tied Cesar Azpilicueta down to a new two-year deal, but they still want further options at the back.

Talks are ongoing over a deal for Leicester's Wesley Fofana and they also want to bring in another right-back.

Denzel Dumfries and Kyle Walker-Peters are on their list of options, but 90min can reveal that Chelsea have been doing background work on Juranovic for a number of weeks and are now considering making a move.

Juranovic enjoyed an outstanding debut campaign in Scotland after joining from Legia Warsaw for just £2.5m, and was named in the Scottish Premiership Team of the Year.

A number of clubs have expressed an interest in Juranovic, including Spanish giants Atletico Madrid, and earlier in the summer he admitted to being flattered by such a link.

"I hope there was something in the stories, but honestly I didn’t even ask our manager or anything about it. I didn’t care," he told RTL.

"I have to keep my feet firmly on the ground. It was Atletico Madrid after all, but I’m at a big club already, Celtic.

"Finally I have the chance to play in the Champions League here. Just to hear the atmosphere, that anthem and to get to play on that stage."

It is believed Celtic would consider a sale but they would demand more than £15m to green-light a deal.

90min also understands that Juranovic is on Manchester United's radar as a possible solution to their right-back issues.

Erik Ten Hag is ready to let Aaron Wan-Bissaka leave the club this summer, and despite starting with Diogo Dalot at the weekend - he wants an upgrade.

United have also asked about Inter's Dumfries, who Chelsea have held talks about.

8. celtic warrior

I get that in terms of him as an individual and as result the insane jump in wage he would get as a person from Celtic (£17k*) to a club like Chelsea (£75k*)

Obviously just made up numbers but even if he is on much less with us...I'd argue what I've randomly plucked out for salary at Chelsea I think is probably fairly reasonable.

But I mean more in a case of why clubs like Man Utd or Chelsea would even be looking at Juranovic when they've surely got the systems and funds in place to source a far higher grade of talent rather than low balling us with £15million for someone who's probably never gonna be their main starter.

9. Charlielarsson

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    20 to 30m he's yours and invest back in team that's the Ajax model

martin_d, Taylor1 and Skelleto like this.
  10. Skelleto

Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the old brigade
    Exactly! At first i got sick to the stomach by this model, but in all honesty i like it these days. We attract decent talent, and its nice to see them develop into valuable assets.

martin_d likes this.
  11. StainseyBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Andy Hinkel !!
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing
    They've just spend 60 on Cucurella, after one season in the prem. If they're actually interested absolutely rinse them.

Can't see it myself though, they want Fofana as a centre back, they've already got Reece James at right back

Creativecelt likes this.
  12. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    His agent is working hard this summer.

13. Lewis Kerr

Was thinking the same thing. His agent really wants that paycheck, doesn't he?

Atletico and Chelsea are unrealistic moves for Juranovic, probably made up rubbish. Plus, he'd be going to sit on the bench and get the odd Carabao Cup game. What's the point

Creativecelt likes this.
  14. Zander Gold Member Gold Member

Plus the more players that make big moves the bigger the pool of talent we can attract gets.

Creativecelt and Skelleto like this.
  15. horseshoe

The point would be making a fuckton of money and being set for life with one contract, he could easily get 4-5x the wages he does here even as just a bench warmer, he's not a Celtic fan so there's no point kidding ourselves on that if there was a real concrete offer he'd just turn it down offhand. Story probably is a load of pish though.

Liam Scales likes this.
  16. dmccourt95

He’d walk into the Man Utd team, Dalot is muck. Can see the fee being around £20 mill as our board are losers and won’t push the boat

Creativecelt and Liam Scales like this.
  17. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

Plus he’ll get a percentage of the fee paid.

£20M to these clubs is like us spending £2M on players who may or may not make the grade and improve us or at least add competition. For me Juranovic would be a steal for anything under £20M.

Creativecelt likes this.
  18. The Phoenix Black Lives Matter

Fav Celtic Song:
    Lawwell get to fuck
    Nothing less than 5m.

It's time to play hardball.

19. Skelleto

Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the old brigade
    This. And dont even think about adding a sell-on clause.

The Phoenix likes this.
  20. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    I'd want something ridiculous to get us to the table like £20m+.

However, as it's Chelsea, I want £35m+.