1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Transfer window summer 22

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by jake10, Jun 1, 2022.

Discuss Transfer window summer 22 in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony

Agree but I acknowledged that already that the squad is better.

It doesn't mean we should stand still in terms of the first XI though. The last couple we bring in should ideally be ones we know will really threaten players in the first XI immediately and also bring a different set of skills to the side.

We still haven't added that pace and strength to the midfield which was so evidently missing at times against the Huns and Bodo.

CountyDownFaithful and Hammy89 like this.
  2. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Ange said himself the deadline day deals last season were a month in preparation.

ccv - spurs wanted sales when they fell through offered him to us on a loan, we enquired in july

3. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Ange destroyed the rumour mill in January.

I do expect it to be the last day of window though!

4. celtic warrior

I'm just being greedy because of all the early work done.

But I would like to see another 3 faces come in.

I don't think it's that odd to say, but in central midfield I do think we are a bit light not just for CDM but between rotation of Hatate, Turnbull and O'Riley....we've only then got Mooy and Ideguchi as CalMac is pretty gonna be starting every single minute imaginable.

We could honestly do with more supplementation in that area.

Definitely a RW who can then mean we have Jota and Maeda for the left, Abada and Newbie for the right.

Then a left sided CB who has a bit of energy and pace about him so if the worst is to ever happen he can deputise at LB behind Bernabei and Taylor.

greengrocer likes this.
  5. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

6. Charlielarsson

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    I would like another 3 a def midfielder an attacking midfielder and a striker/winger.and outgoings bain,jullien,Mccarthy,Johnston,Ajeti.

7. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Celtic boss Ange Postecoglou admits the club are still on the lookout for new recruits after a busy summer so far in Glasgow's east end.

Celtic have gone quiet in terms of incomings since they welcomed both Aaron Mooy and Moritz Jenz, taking their summer signing total to seven so far this summer. However, the likes of Albian Ajeti, Mikey Johnston and Christopher Jullien could all be on the way out with the trio on the fringes of the Scottish Premiership champions squad and failing to make the team named against Aberdeen on the opening day.

Celtic boss Ange Postecoglou admits the club are still on the lookout for new recruits after a busy summer so far in Glasgow's east end.

The Hoops travel to Dingwall to face Ross County in their second clash of the season. Malky McKay's side kicked off their campaign at Tynecastle last week in a defeat against Robbie Neilson's Hearts. Ahead of the game, the Australian admitted he was still open to continuing his recruitment drive if the right deal came up

He said: "I think I've said that while the window's open we are still active. Nothing definite but while the window's open we are expecting that if the opportunity arises for the right kind of player that we can move for it but that also means there could be some people outgoing as well.

"So we have just have got to stay alert and active but between now and the end of the window I've already said if the right opportunity comes along that I feel we need then we will take it. Like I said. Nothing really definite at the moment."

Postecoglou also shrugged off talk that James McCarthy could be leaving Parkhead this summer. Reports suggest McCarthy is weighing up his future after failing to make the bench for the 2-0 win over Aberdeen and he remains a wanted man in England.

When asked links with a move away for the 31-year-old, the boss bluntly added: "Not on my radar, mate. I'm dealing with what's in front of me. Macca is still training with us. He is part of the squad. So in terms of what is happening beyond that it's not on my radar

8. CountyDownFaithful

My opinion is we are waiting until the last couple of weeks of the window.

Once clubs have confirmed their squads for the season, we will have a clearer view of who is available.

I reckon it’ll be the loan market we are shopping in now given how much we have already spent.

CDM and either a Winger/ST would do me. Plus a CB if Jullien leaves.

Twisty likes this.
  9. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    Hard to argue with the middle paragraph when looking at personnel in the first xi. I'm not dissatisfied with the window so far though.

The squad depth has improved, which has indirectly improved our starting xi.

New recruits are forcing players like Taylor and Hart to keep performance levels high or lose their place in the team.

Because the squad has better strength in depth, it'll allow us to keep players fresher as we can swap them out more regularly.

The team now compared to the start of the season is night and day. We are certainly a better team now. Only Starfelt, Taylor and McGregor started the opening game to last season who are guaranteed a starting place tomorrow (if all were fit).

All players are also in a better place as they have 6-12 months of Angeball under their belts. They're also a little older and wiser in ability.

We'll sign at least two more players and, like you've said in another post, I'd be disappointed if these players aren't going to directly improve the starting xi.

PaddyJamieson likes this.
  10. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Not easy, but we should be aiming for....

A class, CAM/10 who can lead the press in a 4-2-3-1..

A DM who protects in transition..

A full back who can play either wing..

Ship out Ajeti, McCarthy, Jullien and MJ on loan.

Bring in 3rd striking option.

Skelleto and Hammy89 like this.
  11. aussiehoops

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just Can't Get Enough
    How do we think we are looking squad-wise?

GK: Hart, Siegrist, Bain (Barkas, Hazard on out on loan)
    LB: Taylor, Bernabei (Monty on loan)
    CB: CCV, Starfelt, Jenz, Welsh, Jullien, Lawal, Murray (Scales on loan)
    RB: Juranovic, Ralston (Urhogide on loan)
    CDM: CalMac, Ideguchi, McCarthy (Soro on loan)
    CM: Hatate, MoR, Turnbull, Mooy, Shaw
    LW: Jota, Maeda, Johnston
    ST: Kyogo, GG, Kenny, Ajeti
    RW: Abada, Forrest, Moffat

I think we are still in the market for a couple more players, but it really depends on whether we can shift Jullien, Ajeti and potentially McCarthy in the next week or two.

Jullien and Ajeti are the more important ones to get rid of in my opinion, and we can use that space and money to bring in either one more winger or a defensive mid.

12. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    Mooooooooooooooorrrrrrrrreeeeeeeee......

13. Celtic_Daft1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    Calm doon Kylo Ren

thailandceltic likes this.
  14. Moore Brendan Rodgers OUT Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    JCGE + Grace + YNWA
    Yes?

15. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    Howya:58:

Moore likes this.
  16. celtic warrior

I've said it before but I'm just being greedy now because of all of the condensed work done so early on.

But it would be amazing now if we could supplement RW and sadly phase out Forrest.

Get in that natural CDM option

Maybe one more attacking midfield option to help rotation of all players.

Then maybe at a real push another ST or CB option.

17. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    I think we'll get another attacker in, 100%, links are starting to come in now.

Still not convinced we'll bring in another 6 unless we somehow shift McCarthy. Need to loan out Shaw and Robertson as well.

18. richie87 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jonny Doyle
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    I think we will get one more in a Loanee with option to buy like CCV and Jota and if they have the same impact then there will be no stopping us. I liked the Ross Barkley link I think that would have been good for us however in the real world we couldn’t afford it so realistically I think we’ll get a city or psg kid on loan.

19. celtic warrior

Being overly cynical and pessimistic.

Does anyone think maybe further transfers into the club will be determined once our CL group has been done?

20. Skelleto

Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the old brigade
    It is way to quiet for my taste. Better get a couple more in if we want to do some damage in europe.

Lewis Kerr and Sentinel like this.