1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Women's EURO 2022

Discussion in 'World Football' started by SwissCelt, Jul 8, 2022.

Discuss Women's EURO 2022 in the World Football area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. G40B

Bet you also buy randoms drinks in nightclubs :56:

2. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

An insightful reply.

That you finally admitting you've been talking utter *?

3. Maestro 08

Football isn't boxing tho. It's a sport where regardless of stature you can still succeed. Quickness of thought, game intelligence, technique are all defining characteristics not your physicality. Otherwise teams would have 11 Usain bolts as opposed to 11 messi's.

Regadless.... When your watching a game knowing that a run of the mill boys team probably containing a bunch of 13 & 14 year olds can probably hammer the best women's teams in the world then I do find it hard to get enthused about. Sorry if that offends. If you enjoy it crack on. Each to their own.

4. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Football is a sport massively reliant on speed, power, athleticism etc. To suggest otherwise is nonsense.

If Messi was as slow as a week in the jail he wouldn't have been half as good as he is/was. If Cristiano Ronaldo was 5'8 he wouldn't have been half as good. If Virgil Van Dijk wasn't an absolute unit, he wouldn't be half as good. Their speed, size, strength etc are all massive factors in them being as good as they are. Even look at Maeda for us - his technical ability is pretty average, but it's his speed that makes him so effective.

Game intelligence, quickness of though and technique are all transferable between the men's and women's game. The physicality is night and day. And as I said, it's the same in every sport where physicality is central to the game.

Genuine question. You might not watch tennis to be fair, but would you also struggle to get enthused about watching two of the best female tennis players playing against each other - knowing that any above average male player would beat them? Because I honestly find that train of thought baffling.

muffitO'tea likes this.
  5. muffitO'tea

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Erm...males are physically stronger, more explosive, larger lung capacity, generally taller and a whole different physique compared to women. That's the whole reason there are male and female sports. Stature doesn't come into it.
    It's why Usain Bolt is faster than the fastest woman. He's male - Not his technique.

The women footballers are rarely going to ever beat fit young teenage boys.

6. Maestro 08

I'll tune into the tennis now and again, when I do I tend to only watch the men's games if I'm being honest or more accurately Andy Murray.

7. Keano88

How do you know if someone doesn’t enjoy women’s football?

They’ll make sure to tell you.

HH.

PaddyJamieson and Officer Doofy like this.
  8. Keano88

Some of the comments are the type you see from EPL fans when comparing their league to the SPFL.

The standard is terrible, it’s a farmers league, My nan could score goals there etc.

Silly to compare the two of them due to a lot of factors, just like comparing the woman’s game to the mens game is.

Taz likes this.
  9. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Wasn't accusing you of either but it's telling that's what your mind jumped to.

10. G40B

You very clearly were.

11. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    :56: Nope.

12. G40B

Elaborate on what you meant, then.

13. James Gold Member Gold Member

It's pointless to compare it to mens football it's comparing apples with oranges.

What annoys me alongside the nauseating generic England it's coming home coverage from the media is the pundits I think it was Ian Wright who was on championing Woman's football which is fair enough he is well within his rights to but he then used it to compare with the men's game and said overall his experience was better as a fan as it was more family friendly and in better spirits than a men's game surely in that lies the issue though it's so much easier to get tickets for a woman's game as tickets are a lot cheaper and easier to come by making it easier for families. You can almost guarantee he'll be at almost exclusively men's games this season as well so it seems a bit hypocritical.

Artorias likes this.
  14. Artorias

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Is there any link for the slo mo boobage footage mentioned earlier?

Rossenspeil likes this.
  15. Rossenspeil

Fav Celtic Player:
    Beram Kayal
    :56: