1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Women's EURO 2022

Discussion in 'World Football' started by SwissCelt, Jul 8, 2022.

Discuss Women's EURO 2022 in the World Football area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. G40B

Grim.

Should just wait until someone does actually make a sexist or misogynistic comment, mate.

2. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Then you've not read the last page or two. I mean you literally posted about FIFA ratings, which is completely irrelevant.

What you've done is call out apparent hyperbole, all the while saying the media are "clearly leading neutrals into believing it's of an equal or better standard" than the men's game. Which they haven't done.

Weird thing to lie about.

3. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Another one with nothing constructive to say.

Nice to see you clicked on the thread because you saw my name though. Cute x

4. Sonic Reducer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mr Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Symphony
    He's
    Shut the * up ,sitting behind your keyboard 24/7 arguing with every * and his dug.

You must be the saddest * on earth...got get yersel a ride and get a release... although I very much doubt any *, man or woman would want to participate in an act of joy with a miserable * like you.

5. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Surprised to see you mentioning "man" in there. Given your homophobic tendencies.

6. G40B

You claim that they’re not trying to make it out as equal or better than men’s football, then disregard an example of it literally being presented as better as ‘irrelevant’.

Last night, the commentator took the time to state that there was a higher attendance than last year’s men’s Euro final. A clearly misleading point made to manipulate the neutrals into believing there’s more interest.

7. Al Bootyerbaws

Of course I saw your name, you quoted me you thick *.

8. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

So you think that because a woman has a higher rating than Messi on FIFA, the world of football is trying to suggest women's football is equal/better than men's?

Have you considered that maybe they rank the male player and female players within their own discipline? I.e. Messi and Ronaldo are the two best players in the men's game but they're on the decline so maybe aren't rated as highly as they were before. Whilst whoever is the highest rated women's player is so clearly the best player in the women's game so should be rated as such? I think you're reading far too much into FIFA ratings. Even the most gullible, casual football fan isn't going to assume Megan Rapinoe is better than Messi just because she happens to have a higher FIFA rating.

And your last point. The commentator stated a fact. It was a record attendance for a Euro's final, men's or women's. In what way is that misleading or manipulative?

9. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Christ, it must be brutal trying to keep up the sad little hard man persona you've got going on here.

10. Al Bootyerbaws

Who mentioned anything about being hard? You've just made a bit of a * of yourself as a few of us have noticed. It's no big deal hen don't let it get to you too much.

11. FrankMcCallum Gold Member Gold Member

This thread is a * shambles :56:

Dallas Cowbhoys and Cena like this.
  12. PaddyJamieson

Gee whizz.

13. Colin Robinson Gold Member Gold Member

I think it comes across this way quite often. Not necessarily saying that it’s the case with the posters in this thread as I don’t know enough about them, but this tournament has got under the skin of plenty of men who seem to get genuinely irritated at the exposure it gets.

There definitely is a subconscious sexism that still plagues large parts of society.

14. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Honestly burst out laughing at this page :giggle1:

It's brilliant..

Garrymac1888 and FrankMcCallum like this.
  15. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Nailed it.

16. G40B

I guarantee those championing women’s football on this thread couldn’t name one Celtic women’s player off the cuff.

The whole acting like die hard advocates of it is just social posturing, and in some cases, weird guys doing the whole ‘I’m a feminist’ act when they really aren’t.

As others have said, women’s football has been about forever and even as early as last year there was none of this ‘you’re a misogynist if you don’t watch it’ drivel.

I’ll believe people are into women's football when they put their money where their mouth is. At the moment, Celtic can’t even give away tickets for the women’s team - I got an email last week about free entry to a game vs Hearts.

Until then, it’s just a case of some weirdos watched the final and are storming about as if they’re Betty Friedan. Fair play to those who watched it and never felt the need to turn it into some weird flex over other men.

17. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

18. muffitO'tea

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Really don't get people who keep banging on about the women's team getting beat by teenage boys. Of course they would. Basic physicality between the sexes.

I'd put money on a 15 year old male boxer beating a 21 year old female boxer.

Yawn

Officer Doofy likes this.
  19. Twisty Rodgers out !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Should use 7 a side goals so the keepers have a chance :fear:

20. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Yes, they could. Some of us can sit through a women's football match without getting so triggered that we turn off the TV.

Women's football hasn't been about forever. In fact, the FA banned it in 1921 for 50 years.

Man opens a thread about a tournament and sport he thinks is * and has no interest in watching, only to accuse people of "social posturing" and putting on a "feminist act" and yet thinks others are weirdos.

You're some fella. If you're not spouting covid conspiracies, you're having a go at Celtic fans. If you're not having a go at Celtic fans, you're getting rattled over women kicking a ball.

Definitely one of the least subtle.