1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Women's EURO 2022

Discussion in 'World Football' started by SwissCelt, Jul 8, 2022.

Discuss Women's EURO 2022 in the World Football area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Bonobhoy

BTW...Did she get booked? For Celebrating with top off?

Equality and all that....

Last edited: Aug 1, 2022
  2. KG-Henrik

I’m not gonna preach that its good or comparable to the mens game. I’m not sure the media are either tbh.

It’s getting hyped because it’s the highest women’s standard and most competitive there’s probably ever been. In the past there was maybe a few international teams that were any good. There are definitely more now.

More people will tune in than put people off. That’s a fact!

I’m one that will probably never watch it regularly but if I do have kids that want to watch I’ll happily tune in.

buchanbhoy likes this.
  3. KG-Henrik

Yeah I’d have to agree on that idea. Look at youth football on the likes of hampden, it doesn’t look the best.

4. G40B

Maybe the media aren’t outright stating it, but they’re clearly leading neutrals into believing it’s of an equal or better standard.

5. Maestro 08

I remember World champions USA with Rapinoe and co went on to lose 5-2 to an under 15 boys MLS side. That World Cup had pretty widespread coverage as well.. Kind of undermined the whole thing. I'm assuming the standard has improved.

6. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Yes.

It would have been quicker for you to google it, rather than posting a snidey comment on here.

7. Bonobhoy

Whats * snidey about that.

I asked a genuine question.

You seem * rattled..you upset sweetie?

8. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Tell me you’re insecure without telling me you’re insecure.

9. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

You want to talk about hyperbole? Your statement right there is utter drivel. In what way is anyone suggesting the standard is equal to or better than the men's game? Haven't seen a single person say that or even mildly hint at it.

And again, this constant comparison between the men's and women's game is tedious. We don't compare Rafa Nadal to Iga Swiatek, or Rory McIlroy to Brooke Henderson. So why do people keep comparing women's football to men's football in order to slag it off?

In any sport where athleticism is central to the game, the men's game is always going to be faster paced and reliant on power etc.

I'm sure it happens in small doses, but I don't often see a bunch of weird guys getting offended over the women's Wimbledon event being televised. So why is it happening when it comes to football?

@Callum McGregor says it perfectly there. It comes across as complete and utter insecurity. Either that or blatant sexism.

10. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

No you didn't. You're being a silly *.

Not for the first time.

11. Bonobhoy

awwwww you upset.....

This another thread u jumped into thinking you correct in everything you * say

12. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

And I hope none of the people slating it and getting annoyed about it being shown on TV have daughters or nieces.

How dare they want to play football.

13. TheHappyLoss

Don’t give a * if it’s men, women or whippets. If England are in the final of anything I’m not watching it.

Twisty likes this.
  14. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

I'm wrong on plenty of things. Not with this though.

It's actually mind blowing that suggesting women's football be shown on TV and hyped up, to encourage young girls to start getting involved in the sport, is causing so many people on here to get rattled. I fail to see a single negative thing from this Euros tournament.

And the fact that 17 million people watched it on the TV, and almost 6 million online - in the UK alone - shows that there's an appetite for it.

15. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    The boy's always fuming about something or someone :giggle1:

16. Bonobhoy

* are you talking about.

Who the * is slating woman's football and stating they shouldn't be playing it? I asked you the same thing last night and still haven't answered it....Conveniently dodged it

You as usual have jumped on some * high horse and attempting to oust * over * all.....I couldn't give * if woman are playing football, good on them....and i hope it becomes big and successful.

And where was the 17 million people viewing and full stadiums last year? From what i can remember most games didn't even have half a stadium populated.

There are 60 million people in England,the competition was at home and they got to a final....Of course its going to pull in views.

And im under the assumption that "people are rattled" because of the * usual over the top media coverage...not the football itself.

Some people just might not want to watch Womans football or give a * about it....It doesnt mean they are against it or woman playing football ffs.

G40B likes this.
  17. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    I said before the game that I didn't want the english to win as I don't want the english to win at anything in any sport whatsoever as it's all would be hearing and seeing over the next few days and, by *, I was right

18. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Dodged it:56:

If the bit in bold is meaning what I think it means, then it comes down to the governing of the women's game. It's light years behind the men's game, because unfortunately not enough people take it seriously. For instance, Arsenal v Man City (two of the best 3 teams in the country) on the opening weekend of the season has been changed by Sky Sports to a 7pm kick off on a Sunday.

How the * is that going to draw a crowd?

19. G40B

The only ones getting off on comparing it to the men’s game are your type.

I certainly never slated women in any of my posts, yet you’ve labelled me as a ‘weird guy’ ‘getting offended’ by women’s sport being televised.

I think I’ll start making ‘I watched women’s football’ badges…

20. Al Bootyerbaws

Think the lassie Doofy is on her bad week. Whinging *.