1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Peter Lawwell

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by eddiebhoy0109, Jan 13, 2015.

Discuss Peter Lawwell in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    Hes only been in the job a week

2. FrankMcCallum Gold Member Gold Member

The guy is an arrogant, self serving, stubborn *. It’s his way or no way. I’m * gutted at this.

AdamRS likes this.
  3. Keano88

Give one of the lads in the transfer suggestions thread a week and we’d have one in by now.

dmccourt95 likes this.
  4. Sgt Neppers*

5. Bhoyyo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Forrest
    Fav Celtic Song:
    jelly & icecream when rangers die
    It's just a ceremonial/ambassador role

6. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    * off.

Just * right off Celtic.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

scuzzy and Tommy25 like this.
  7. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Celtic is pleased to announce the appointment of Peter Lawwell as a director of Celtic plc and its new Non-Executive Chairman. Peter will take up his new role from January 1st, 2023, following the retirement of current Chairman, Ian Bankier.

Peter returns to Celtic plc as Non-Executive Chairman after previously being Celtic’s Chief Executive for almost 18 years, a position he retired from in the summer of 2021.

During his tenure as Chief Executive, the Club won 29 trophies, including 13 league titles and an unprecedented Quadruple Treble, enjoying a period of sustained growth and success.

Following his retirement as Chief Executive, Peter has continued as a director of Celtic Football and Athletic Company Limited, representing the Club as a board member of the European Club Association.

Peter Lawwell commented: “As a lifelong Celtic supporter it is a great privilege to be asked to take up the position of Chairman, having already been part of our great Club for nearly 18 years.

"These are exciting times for the Club and I look forward to contributing to the well-being and success of the Club.

"Our objective as ever will be to grow and further develop the Club across all areas. Led by an excellent Chief Executive in Michael Nicholson, and Chief Financial Officer Chris McKay, the Club has a high-quality management team in place.

"I will be offering my support and guidance to the Board and executive management team to ensure that we continue to drive the Club forward and protect and promote the interests of our supporters.”

Celtic Chief Executive Michael Nicholson added: “We are delighted to welcome Peter as Chairman and I look forward to working with him as we continue to progress and develop the Club.

"Peter has a wealth of experience in the football industry at a domestic, European and global level, which is invaluable to the Club going forward.

"Our collective objective is to create a world-class football club that our supporters can be proud of, competing at the highest level, with a strategy based on growth and continuous improvement.

“On behalf of the Board, and all of our colleagues at the Club, I thank Ian Bankier for his service and contribution to our Club, and wish him and his family the best for the future.”

Celtic’s principal shareholder Dermot Desmond said: “I am delighted that Peter has agreed to take up the position of Chairman. He is the outstanding candidate.

“Peter is a man of the highest quality, someone who has served the Club already with real commitment and expertise and his experience and knowledge of the club, as well as of the wider global football environment, will help continue to drive the Club forward.

"He is perfectly placed to work with Michael Nicholson, Chris McKay and the Board to ensure we continue to compete in Scottish and European football and to manage the challenges and opportunities in a European context.

“I would also like to thank Ian Bankier for his excellent contribution to Celtic over a number of years. I join everyone at the Club in wishing him and his family every success for the future.”

Celtic manager Ange Postecoglou added: “It is fantastic news for the Club that Peter will be taking up the role of Chairman.

"He was instrumental in bringing me to Celtic, I know the love he has for the Club and I know that his wealth of experience and knowledge will be invaluable to us all as we move forward together. I would also like to wish Ian and his family all the very best for the future."

Ian Bankier said: “I am pleased that Peter has agreed to take on the role of Non-Executive Chairman. Against any reasonable benchmark, Celtic has prospered over the last decade and beyond.

"This is in no small part down to the stability of the Club and the retention of knowledge and experience. Peter will be a most effective sounding board for the executive and a fine representative both domestically and abroad.

"I would like to thank everyone at Celtic for their support during my term of office. I shall miss them all. I wish the Club and the Celtic support all the very best for the future.”

8. Sgt Neppers*

Keep the progression going. Get new fresh ideas in from new people. We're scouting the globe for coaches and players, surely can do the same for these roles.

Forestbhoy66 and Peej like this.
  9. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Pistol Pete back and Juranovic and Jackie being undercut..

Makes you think ay..

10. horseshoe

Said it before he's still had a seat on the board this whole time, anyone thinking he was gone didn't read past the headline when he stepped down as CEO, he was never leaving.

Sgt Neppers* likes this.
  11. G40B

Anyone who thinks he won’t be sticking his beak into everything is deluded. He spent two decades running the show unchallenged.

All makes sense now as to why we appear so desperate to sell the likes of Giakoumakis and Juarnovic.

Lewis Kerr and JamesM09 like this.
  12. Sgt Neppers*

Let's see how quiet and invisible he is from the rodent he is replacing.

13. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    3……2……1……

14. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

I know it’s only really a title role but how * unimaginative by the board, same old boys club at the top.

He better not start sticking his nose in and try to micromanage everything like he did before as CEO. Nicholson can tell him to bolt.

Forestbhoy66 likes this.
  15. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    :56:

Tim-Time 1888 likes this.
  16. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

Hope not. They are probably on 15K per week and were expecting 30K+. Our wage bill is already fairly chunky and will always limit us.

Hopefully not a sign of things to come though.

17. Sgt Neppers*

Can't return if you've never really left :97:

Wee Baldy likes this.
  18. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    I was taking the * mate..

Didn't take the resident dafty above long though :giggle1:

Tim-Time 1888 and CookieMonster like this.
  19. G40B

He’s maybe been slithering about the place, but it doesn’t look like he’s had a hand in anything - we’ve operated slickly and professionally.

Maybe I’m looking too much into things, but the deal for this Canadian RB seems to be dragging, despite seemingly being done. We’ve all seen this movie before…

20. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member