1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Women's EURO 2022

Discussion in 'World Football' started by SwissCelt, Jul 8, 2022.

Discuss Women's EURO 2022 in the World Football area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. cfcturbo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thomas burns
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Skibereen by wolfe tones
    Gladly take a booking lol

DonnyCelt likes this.
  2. Keano88

Slow motion celebration definitely cushioned the blow of an England win.

DonnyCelt likes this.
  3. Al Bootyerbaws

The only person who is offended and annoyed on this thread is you ya silly wee *. People are allowed an opinion on something whether they think it's good or *.

G40B likes this.
  4. PaddyJamieson

Great to see the stadium full but christ, the football is just so, so poor.

Rydo1888* and DonnyCelt like this.
  5. muffitO'tea

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    England deserved it to be fair. Played well the whole tournament.
    Felt bad for Popp. Plagued by injuries for other tournaments then misses the final after the warm up

Officer Doofy, Gazzi79 and buchanbhoy like this.
  6. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Watched the end of the game hoping for penalties but the end of the match was pish. Germany will be gutted about that second goal.

7. Bob Loblaw Gold Member Gold Member

Honestly not that bothered. The women’s game doesn’t attract the same racist, fat arsed, red faced gammons that their mens team does and England clearly have a good team.

* the English media though.

bobs1974, The_Bhoy, Rydo1888* and 2 others like this.
  8. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Not offended in the slightest.

Think it's pretty pathetic that some guys believe girls and women shouldn't be encouraged to play football, and that the women's game shouldn't be publicised and available to watch.

Need to be proper blokes to play football, eh?

9. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Really enjoyable tournament, and (media aside) I'm not disappointed to see England win it. They were definitely the best team there and deserved it.

Despite idiots trying to constantly compare it to the men's game, which is ludicrous, the standard is constantly improving.

Would imagine a * of a lot more girls will want to play football after that, in England and up here. Which is fantastic. The women's game is growing at a crazy rate.

Forestbhoy66 and Keano88 like this.
  10. Bonobhoy

Who stated that the woman shouldn't be encouraged to play football?

Many people just believe as i do that the woman's football is gash it may be improving but its still boring as * to me,doesn't mean that we are against woman football or woman in general playing it.....I also think that most Under 21 games suck and don't really watch them much either.....that doesn't mean im against anyone playing at that level.....its mostly just dull to watch, like this tournament was to me.

The only reason this has been at the forefront this time is because England had a better chance at winning something....At home.

And throw into that the media wankfest because they know the Male squad aint winning *...so this was front row seats to something that they can grasp on to.

Could not give a single * tonight that a Womans England squad won a trophy at home tonight....i shat myself more last year when they * made it to the final vs Italy.

11. Dalbeth3

Fav Celtic Player:
    to many greats to be able to pick one
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    I dont care about the game ,,, its all over fukin news ,,, its even on the kids TV

12. Maestro 08

Never watched a minute. If women want to play football good on them it's just an extremely * standard and not good to watch. Like laughably bad, especially the keepers. Let's be honest it's only on the BBC because they can't afford * all else and it's an easy box ticked for them.

13. Zander Gold Member Gold Member

Quite a take for someone who didn't watch a minute

14. Maestro 08

How could I possibly know that women's football is * having never watched a minute of this tournament. The mind boggles.

Clue: it's why I chose not to watch it.

15. G40B

You’d make a fortune selling ‘I watched women’s football’ badges.

My *, you can’t move for people ramming it down your throat that they watched it, and if you didn’t you’re clearly a misogynistic pig.

Funnily enough, those championing it don’t have season tickets for their local womens side - despite it being affordable.

Same as Sky and all the other media outlets championing it are unwilling to give it prime time slots and big backing.

16. KG-Henrik

Don’t really see the point in slagging the quality on show. Women’s game has barely been professional for that long so it’s obviously goin to have an impact. Give it time and investment and more quality will come through.

I probably only watched about an hour throughout the tournament but still seen some impressive goals scored. There should be nothing but positives off the back of this.

Keano88 and Officer Doofy like this.
  17. Zander Gold Member Gold Member

Its improving loads. Its weird to me that people go out of their way to * all over it

18. G40B

It’s getting slagged because it’s being made out to be something it’s not.

Just look at the new FIFA, a woman is the highest rated in the game - higher rated than Messi.

It’s hyperbole like that which just puts people off.

19. Maestro 08

Maybe it is. Don't want to * all over it as I don't care enough. Doesn't stop me from knowing it's a terrible standard and for me a hard watch in that case.

I won't watch loads of men's games bcos the standard is * and it's of no interest. Am I not allowed state that also. People getting too precious and defensive about it.

20. Maestro 08

The growth of women's football can only be a good thing but it's still very poor quality, you can't hide from that. Alot of the impressive goals come across as comical to me tbh. Smaller goals and pitches would be a positive addition imo.

It's a thing before I get hounded

'Some of the leading figures in women's football have suggested reducing the size of the goals and pitches to improve the pace and quality of the game. Chelsea manager Emma Hayes raised the idea in 2019, and now England's most capped player Fara Williams has thrown her support behind the idea'.