1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Season 22/23 Expectations

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by LectersLuncheon, Jul 25, 2022.

Discuss Season 22/23 Expectations in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Mr Cleansheets

Unlike some on here I think the team will be somewhat stronger than last season. Expecting dominant performances against most sides domestically with probably some nailbiters against the huns. I suspect Hearts will be tougher than last year and may well take points off sevco, which would be good. League plus at least one, if not both cups.

This will be a massive year for Ange because managing in the CL has always been his dream. While I have total faith in him, I'm aware that he doesn't yet have the cattle to properly challenge. That might be Phase 3.

So I reckon it'll be Europa after Xmas.

2. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Win the league. Show progress in europe.

Win a cup.

We need to strengthen the squad still too. Ideally I'd like a couple quality first team candidates brought in still to build on last year.

LectersLuncheon and Guchi Gucci like this.
  3. Lewis Kerr

Genuine progress in Europe, i.e winning a bleeding knock out tie.

League and a cup.

I think the huns will be strong this year so we will have to be almost perfect again. Our pivotal wins against them last season definitely swung it in our favour - but it was a very close season.

4. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Depending on the group we get, we could be fortunate to even get to a knockout tie.

5. celtic warrior

I don't think we are done in the transfer market and could see a couple more come in that help with rotation of the squad and improving the overall strength in depth.

Get those right and I think domestically we could be ripping the * out of most teams with Ange at the helm and his attitude.

I'm not putting anything into Europe until the group stages...once the draw has been done and its clearer maybe we can start discussing where we can head in Europe

6. Lewis Kerr

We have to go into it thinking that finishing third in our group is the minimum requirement though. Will it be difficult? Yeah. But it isn't impossible and we need to start laying down a marker in Europe.

Do I think we will do it? Well that depends on our recruitment still. Because going into it with McGregor or Mooy as our DM is begging for trouble.

7. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Deffo need a couple more in..

Hopefully get that physical, mobile 6 with a bit of height who can play at a high level..

Then a flexible right winger who can play up top or across the front 3..

Badly need it..

Even someone who has a spark and bit of guile now that Rogic is away..

But ideally the top two as a minimum..

Lewis Kerr likes this.
  8. oh bhoy

is there automatic qualification for thc champions league for the league winners this season again? think it certainly adds to the pressure of the title race .