1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Reo Hatate

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Henrik 07, Dec 31, 2021.

Discuss Reo Hatate in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. NomDePlum

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    He was amazing today.

2. muaythai postie

Fav Celtic Player:
    lubo
    He was the 1 of the 3 I was looking forward to seeing in a Celtic strip , he looks top top quality.

3. RalstonFanClubPresident

Fav Celtic Player:
    Antoni Ralstonovic
    What a player and what potential this guy has.

If you wanted the safe bet of who between Hatate and O'Reilly will end up being the better player, you might say O'Reilly, but this guy just has that something that nobody else in the team has. If he can put it all together he could be special.

Watching him being challenged under pressure and just dropping his shoulder and spinning away is a thing of beauty. In a way it's similar to what Rogic could do, but Hatate has it coupled with that low centre of gravity and burst of acceleration. And he just generally covers a lot of ground too, which is important with either O'Reilly or Turnbull next to him.

Can't wait to see what he can do over a full season if he can maintain his fitness.

Dan Breen and cfcturbo like this.
  4. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

5. Skelleto

Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the old brigade
    What’s even better and something that dosnt get mentioned, is that he will be loyal. Loyalty is in the dna in Japan.

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

Rydo1888* and cfcturbo like this.
  6. murphy88

Very good today again. The break seems to have done him the world of good. Something I want concerned about at all to be honest. Could see he was a class act where we brought him in, but he was running in fumes.

7. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Reo Hatate reveals how Celtic fans made him happy during Norwich win as he vows to repay them this season
    Celtic midfielder Reo Hatate admits he won’t take lightly his growing popularity among the club’s fanbase.

The 24-year-old has been one of the club’s eye-catching performers in pre-season and produced a sponsors’ man of the match showing in the 2-0 friendly victory over Norwich City. It was a joust with which Ange Posteocglou’s side completed their pre-season playing commitments before beginning their cinch Premiership title defence at home to Aberdeen next Sunday.

His invention and industry didn’t go unnoticed either with a new chant for the January arrival reverberating around the arena at various intervals across his 50 minute run-out. Such serenading will see the player double-down on the focus of his objectives going into the new campaign.

It made me happy,” he said of the acclaim from the stands. “I heard them and it was nice to do so, I would like to satisfy their expectations. I will play for the team and for the supporters. I don’t know how sharp I am, but we still have a long week, so I will do everything I can to start the season well.

After last season [when I came straight from completing the full season in Japan] I felt it was really important to have enough of a break, and I was able to take enough of a rest. I feel like I have been preparing well. For me, it will be the first time I have spent a whole season abroad, so it is a good opportunity to grow up as a player. We have a nice atmosphere and environment, so it all depends on me. I just want to have a good season without any injuries.”

8. Wllm Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
  9. Lewis Kerr

Stunning performance, on that form I don't think there's a better midfielder in Scotland.

10. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

11. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Massive season ahead.

12. HatsmyBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hatate
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just can't get enough
    He's going to be awesome this season. Reminded me a bit of Lubo with his to goals in first game against the huns.
    Didn't quite keep it going, but with a rest and a preseason behind him I can really see him kicking on this season.

13. celtic warrior

Big * energy from this lad

Skelleto likes this.
  14. King Kwon Gold Member Gold Member

He makes the game look so easy. I think my favourite thing about him is he never goes for the easy option, the amount of times in that video he has an easy sideways or backwards pass but he opts instead for a forward ball, long diagonal or to take on a man and create space is insane. He's going to be invaluable in trying to break teams down that sit back domestically.

martin_d, Wllm and Lewis Kerr like this.
  15. PaddyJamieson

He is going to be absolutely sensational this season, isn't he? I had doubts at the beginning, but everything thus far in pre-season has supported what other folk said, that fatigue was the main factor behind any sloppiness/loss of form. That video above is genuinely top class, if he plays like that for most of the season he'll be our player of the year.

martin_d likes this.
  16. Wllm Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    My favourite player when he's on his game and he's not even in his prime yet - think this is going to be his 3rd or 4th season as a pro.

Going to be heavily singled out for the hatchet man treatment this season but if he stands up to that he'll reach some heights imo.

martin_d likes this.
  17. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Reo Hatate missed the draw against Blackburn after falling ill, but looked in majestic form against Legia Warsaw and the Canaries.

Joining the Hoops in January meant the Japanese star had played 18 months of non-stop football.

But Postecoglou says that will turn out to be a good thing for him in the long-run.

He added: “Reo needed a break but at the same time I think working through that difficult period last year was good for him.

It built resilience into him and he feels fresh now.

“He had a little bit of a setback before the Blackburn game and missed a few days of training

But he’s made up for that and I thought he looked really bright in Poland.”

18. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

He’s the real deal. You just know with some players that they are thinking 2 moves ahead of most others on the park and see things others just don’t.

I can’t wait to see him picking out Kyogo making a run before anyone else in Glasgow sees either of them even thinking it.

19. PaddyJamieson

I wish Ange was my da, and Reo my brur

20. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

[​IMG]

PaddyJamieson likes this.