1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Aberdeen tickets

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by ObanCeltic, Jul 19, 2022.

Discuss Aberdeen tickets in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. ObanCeltic

Bit of a plea, anyone with 2 spares for the Aberdeen game? Happy to pay fv or over. Wife's family over from the US and her brother dying to get to his first game, missed out on general sale, any help much appreciated just drop us a message. Thanks in advance!

2. NomDePlum

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Might pick some at the ground, but also worth buying a couple of fluorescent bibs and pretending to be stewards just in case.

ObanCeltic likes this.
  3. Dip 'n' Swerve

not this game related but i have 3 x tickets for hearts on 20th aug 3pm ko - i am looking at booking flights etc - just wondering what chances are of game being shifted to a sunday as dont want to book something and it screw with my travel plans

4. Mr Cleansheets

Is scalping the scourge in Glasgow that it is in London?

Off topic but I can't resist the anecdote...

Was working in London in 1995 and decided to head out to Lords one lunchtime when I heard the West Indies were collapsing. I knew it was 38 pounds for a ticket which was a lot of money in those days, but the likelihood was that the game would be over in an hour...

The other option was to wait until tea when entry would be free, but the game might've been over by then...

As I pondered my options, I'd pretty much made up my mind to pay the 38 pounds - when would I have another chance to go to Lords for a test?

As it happened, I was wearing a suit that day. I just happened to be walking along behind three other suited chaps, when they suddenly turned a sharp left past a steward into this narrow opening. Without another thought, I followed them - something I wouldn't dream of doing in Australia - and before I knew it I was sitting in the members with a pint. I got to see the last five wickets fall (all before tea) and then I got to walk out on the pitch (with my fourth pint) to listen to the speeches.

* brilliant day, so yeah... fluro bib might be the answer.

5. NomDePlum

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Don't think scalping is "usually" a thing for the majority of games but others may have a different experience.

Semi-finals, finals, Hun and European games might be different, but personally I can't ever remember paying over the odds and if I have spare tickets its face value or free depending on who they are going to. Most fans do the same in my experience.

Nice story. Pays to dress smart it appears. Pity it was cricket and not a sporting event :39:

blackfish and Mr Cleansheets like this.
  6. Mr Cleansheets

I always smoked and drank while playing cricket so it wasn't exactly a sport.

NomDePlum likes this.
  7. Saul Goodman Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    General sale caught me out too but thankfully I was kindly helped out by a member on here.

Seems they are tough to get for this one but advice I was given was to try asking all of the CSC’s on Twitter if they have any spares, I would say you would also have a chance around the ground on the day of the game.

Best of luck.

ObanCeltic likes this.
  8. Saul Goodman Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Very unlikely that would be changed I think.

9. Wizard of Oz

I think buying power going to the season ticket holders and the cup ticket scheme keeps scalping down for most games

NomDePlum likes this.
  10. ObanCeltic

Cheers for the tip, been trying all the CSC's I can! No luck so far :55: