1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Daizen Maeda

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Callum McGregor, Dec 31, 2021.

Discuss Daizen Maeda in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    Left winger all day long for me. Doesn’t have the technical ability to lead the line for us, but absolutely has the ability to present a very dependable attacking threat from the left.

Very useful player. Think he’ll be key in Europe this year.

martin_d and Keano88 like this.
  2. themouth1888

I agree he's very useful on the left wing but would you rather him or Jota? Jota can play on the right but for me he's not as effective

Dan Breen likes this.
  3. Keano88

I image it’ll be Maeda left and Jota right for the most part in Europe, just due to how good Maeda is at winning the ball back and tracking back.

Domestically we’ll mix it up a lot more with Abada seeing a lot of minutes on the right you’d think.

A good wee headache for Ange to have and the 5 subs rule will come in handy for keeping them all relatively happy.

4. Zander Gold Member Gold Member

He has his limitations, but he will absolutely score 15+ a season for us. Great finish

martin_d and TheHappyLoss like this.
  5. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

6. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    Must be a nightmare to play against

Dan Breen likes this.
  7. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    Don't think any teams come prepared for him, he always, always catches their fullback by surprise.

I'd still have Abada over him, but he's going to be massive for us this season.

martin_d likes this.
  8. Keano88

Such a quality finish.

Another thing I thought today was that his passing and link up has definitely improved on last season.

NomDePlum likes this.
  9. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Clever finish, work rate 1st class as per ....

10. Can'tbehooped

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Between that and hatates against Legia those would be 2 goal of the season contenders if they were in competitive games

11. Jeannie960 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Daizen Maeda
    I can't stop watching that ....it was so cheeky :56:

bagforlife and martin_d like this.
  12. Charlielarsson

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
  13. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
  14. Jacob knows Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    Watching the game against sevco at mordor again. When all our players are celebrating and dodge the bottle that was thrown, watch Maeda. He gives a wee laugh and a fist pump. If he was scottish you know he'd be saying 'haha get it right roon yeez'

AussieGreek, Liam Scales and Keano88 like this.
  15. Keano88

Will never forget this fella flew back as soon as the final whistle went on international duty to get back to play in the derby.

* bless wee Danny Maeda.

16. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

https://number.bunshun.jp/articles/-/854022

At the end of the match against Brazil on June 6, when a diagonal vertical pass entered from Brighton on the left side to the center, Daizen Maeda sewed between Thiago Silva and Marquinhos who were on the final line. (Celtic) moved forward with a fierce dash. Thiago Silva connected to goalkeeper Allison with a short hair, and it was not a decision, but Maeda did not overlook the slight deviation of Alison's first touch, and panicked the champion Brazil.

The shaved head and beard are trademarks. Maeda's selling point and style is to run around the front line with his fast legs of 50 meters 5 seconds 8 and outstanding stamina.

Considering that the Japanese national team will play against successive champions Germany and Spain at the Qatar World Cup, which starts in November, Maeda's overwhelming speed seems to help offense and defense.

Yuya Osako (Kobe), who was immovable until the end of the final qualifying for the World Cup, will be removed from the team due to poor conditions in the four consecutive races in June. However, although Maeda was appointed as a CF along with Takuma Asano (Bochum), Kyogo Furuhashi (Celtic), and Ayase Ueda (Cercle Brugge), he was the only one among the four to not participate in the starting lineup.

After the representative activity, he enjoyed a brief off such as going on a trip with his wife and two children, but now that the June series, which seems to be the last long-term training camp before the World Cup, is over, what about Maeda's standing position as a representative? Are you catching it?

"I had been selected as a member of the World Cup qualifying in March, but I had" declined "for personal reasons, so I thought that the four games in June were important to me. I decided on the first match against Paraguay. I made a mistake, but I got my first goal against Ghana. I'm not satisfied, but I wonder if I could do the minimum job. I wanted to start in the starting lineup. However, at present, I understand that I am required to "what I can do in the middle of the game". Director Moriyasu decides on the appointment, and I will divide the work given to me. I think I'll just do it. "

In the final qualifying, he only participated in two games, China and Saudi Arabia, which were held at home. He says he doesn't feel that Japan has decided to participate in the World Cup because he missed the match against Australia in March, which was the biggest match.

"I wasn't in the match I decided to play in. So I wish I hadn't declined. But it's over, so I have no choice but to go to the actual stage. At that time, Angers ( Celtic Postecoglou) said it was an honor to be selected as a representative, and he wanted the club to go, but there were many things (bitter smile). "

Director Moriyasu is demanding that he defend from the front line and make a chance by piercing the space behind the opponent's defender. The left FW is in place in both Yokohama F. Marinos, who belonged until last season, and Celtic, who transferred in January this year. Even at the Tokyo Olympics last summer, all the appointments were on the side, but in the representatives, they are often placed in the center (CF).

"I like the center the most, and it's easy to do because I've been here for a long time. But lately, most of the time I'm doing the left side as a team, and I don't change my consciousness so much regardless of which one I come out with. Even if it's Celtic, it's on the left side. I'm not staying there all the time, and it's good for me to get in front of the goal more and more. Whichever way I go, I just play with the goal in mind. "

After the June series, FW Kaoru Mitoma made a comment to the effect that "I want the team to make a little more promise in terms of attack" in response to the interview immediately after the match against Tunisia, but it became a hot topic mainly on the net. Maeda laughs bitterly, "It's a little hard to say." The father of two children, who won the J-League top scorer at Yokohama FM last season, is still 24 years old and is in the younger category of the national team.

"Who do you get along with as a representative? Well, there are some shynesses to each other, but like Daichi Kamada (25 years old). I always get told" Hey, shaved! " It is. "

Looking at Maeda's career, the turning point was probably the transfer from Marinos in Portugal to Yokohama FM in the summer of 20 and from Yokohama FM to Celtic in January 2010. The current director of Celtic Postecoglou, who was in charge of Yokohama FM until June 2009, was strongly involved in all of them.

It was Angers who called both Marinos and Celtic. When I went to Marinos, I had a hard time doing almost nothing on the left side at first, but I still trust that I can do it. Please continue ... Celtic actually talked about it last summer, but Marinos was also fighting for the championship at that time, so I refused once. Then Angers "come to win" After the season, Angers contacted me directly via ZOOM and told me "I really want you to come" and decided (transfer). Anyway, the players who wanted Angers should take it. There seems to be one. "

They trust each other and it seems like an ideal relationship between a player and a manager, but there aren't many words between them.

My feature is speed, and I just run around and use it for offense and defense. Anyone can see it. So I don't have a very specific story about playing. For me, the match I want to respond to that feeling because it is used for.

Angers have the same character in Yokohama and Celtic. So maybe you want to keep up with this person, and you feel like a dad (laughs). At Celtic meetings, I often hear stories I heard during the Marinos era, but it sounds no matter how many times I hear it. I think it ’s a very good director for me. ”

It can be said that Maeda's scoring ability has blossomed through his encounter with Postecoglou. Last season, Yokohama FM mass-produced 23 goals and goals in 36 games. Even after transferring to Celtic, he scored 6 goals in 16 games while joining midway, contributing to the team's first league victory in two seasons. He himself won a full transfer.

Ange's soccer is that the players on the side also jump in front of the goal on the cross from the opposite side. I think that there is a part that suits me. Speed is also important, but what has changed is the part of consciousness The reason why I go in front of the goal many times is simply because I want to score the goal, but I feel like I should run 10 times and get one point. I should have taken the chance to go in front of the goal. I don't want to regret it, so I just started to go in front of the goal. "

In the 19-20 season, he played for Maritimo on Madeira, a small island in the Atlantic Ocean about 1000 kilometers from Lisbon, the capital of Portugal. Compared to the idyllic Maritimo, which has nothing to do with the hustle and bustle of the city, Celtic-based Glasgow is Scotland's largest city. The size of the town is different, but how are you living?

"It's a little difficult when the weather is bad (cloudy, rainy). When the ground is away, there are many places where it's muddy and hard to step on. Also, I'm happy and encouraging that Celtic fans are enthusiastic. The sense of distance is too close. In the home game, each car returns from the stadium, but there are times when it is difficult to move the car because it seems that you will be asked for a sign, you will be surrounded by the car, and you will be caught. I from"

In the new season, Celtic will play in the Champions League (CL).

When I was in Japan, I rarely had the chance to watch overseas soccer, but that CL anthem is still special. I'm happy to hear that on the pitch, and at least 6 games in the group league alone. I'm looking forward to being able to do it. I don't really know who is a great player, so I may not be impressed, but I may be able to play normally without being afraid. "

I wonder if Anpanman's goal performance, which has become familiar in Scotland, can be seen in CL as well.

Although it has penetrated, my daughter's interest has stopped being Anpanman recently. I want to set goals for the children, but my wife also said,'Why don't you change Anpanman?' I'm worried about it. I'd like to decide what kind of goal performance I will have in the new season while consulting with my daughter (laughs). "

Last edited: Jul 24, 2022
  17. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

I love him, I reckon the vast majority under estimate his role in this Celtic side. He is absolutely crucial.

Some of the criticism aimed at him is OTT as well, he’s got plenty technical ability.

18. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

19. Lewis Kerr

Love wee Kyogo but he's definitely our most handsome Japanese player

20. Skelleto

Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the old brigade
    I love the guy too. He works his * off for the club.

Rydo1888* likes this.