1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Bosun Lawal

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by McChiellini.., Jul 16, 2021.

Discuss Bosun Lawal in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Celtic_Daft1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    To be fair, he's come on in the final 15 minutes of a friendly against a level of opposition far superior to anything we have in Scotland, huns aside. Was literally chucked on to get some minutes in his legs. Was he *? Aye. Would an SPL club take him on? Absolutely no doubt in my mind. Sense of perspective needed. It wasn't like he was ripped apart by Kelty Hearts. Blackburn are a good, tough level of opposition.

2. murphy88

Blackburn had started making subs by then. We had already made plenty as well granted. Folk just seem to be assuming he would get taken by an SPL team though. Everyone has said the level of opposition he faces regularly is miles off the level required. So I would say a game like yesterday is a far better gauge for teams who would maybe be interested in taking him. I never seen the previous game, but by all accounts it appears going by some comments on here that he was poor also. What makes you think an SPL team would take him? So I agree, a sense of perspective is required, but not in the way you are thinking in my opinion.

3. Celtic_Daft1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    They did but they are still a level above what he would be up against here. I just think that someone like a St Mirren or a Ross County would take a look at him and see if they can get him playing. Maybe I'm wrong but one 15 minute cameo against a decent English Championship side shouldn't reflect what he has shown. He was absolutely fine in the first game we played. Didn't do anything wrong against Rapid Vienna either. People jumped on the fact that he never tracked back for Baniks second goal, when the guy was through, one on one.... he was never getting back either way but people wanted to see the effort I guess. Yesterday, he was woeful. Again though, I thought he played well for a full half against Rapid and he was fine against Banik, tracking back for their goal part aside.

It also needs to be said, he's 19. He's been playing in a league and blitzing that league with ease. I don't think he's ready for Hearts/Hibs/Aberdeen but I can't see any reason why someone like St Mirren, Livingston, Ross County or Killie wouldn't take a punt on him here. *, I wouldn't even be against him dropping down a league and playing for an ICT or a Dundee. Just as long as he manages to get minutes into his legs at a higher level than he was previously.

Mr Cleansheets likes this.
  4. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    It's kind of funny how opinions drastically change over a few pre-season games. Before, he was touted as one of our best prospects, now we've got people wanting him gone/saying no team would touch him :56:

For the record, I do think he's more raw than I was expecting, but to write him off at this stage is madness, there will be plenty of spfl/championship teams interested in him.

5. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    It's better than youth football against other kids most of whom wont even be good enough for Lowkland League football in 5 years but it should really only be for 1 season. 1 season of learning against bigger aggressive and seasoned players, then move on to a better level unless maybe your about 16/17 and still not really capable physically of playing at a better level yet.

6. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    That is all fair. But I must admit I have been a bit disappointed in what I have seen from him so far in the minutes he has had in pre-season. He has looked well off the pace.

MAP likes this.
  7. celtic20

Yeah I don't disagree that it's better than the Reserve League and challenge matches. But at the same time, it's still several rungs lower a level than they'll need to be operating at if they want to be good enough to go straight into the first-team. Hopefully something we can find a solution to.

8. Mr Cleansheets

Disappointed to read about his preseason performances. I've only seen highlights of him the Bs and he certainly looked a cut above most others there. Only 19 - a year on loan at a decent level will be the making of him - as long as they try to play a bit of football rather than just park the bus.

9. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

He’s been nowhere near as bad in pre-season as some are making out.

neilly1987 and Noskeil like this.
  10. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

Didn’t help him playing next to Jullien who couldn’t give a *, needs to play next to someone that will help bed him in and give him a bit of confidence. Definitely not worth writing him off so early.

Damnati and Noskeil like this.
  11. Noskeil

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    Completely agree, the 2 standout mistakes he made were mostly down the Julien, one a shocking pass from him, the second CJ getting in the way. Think some of the flack he's been getting is kinda unjustified.

12. Maestro 08

Really needs a loan move to help him develop. I'm not totally against the Lowland league situation as I think there is some value to it but it should really be for 15 y/o up to 18. Once they are getting to the age Lawal is at or the levels of say Rocco Vata we need to then be stepping them up a good few leagues and letting them test themselves further.

My worry is that we are actively keeping players back so that we can field a more competitive team in that league and thats where i'm concerned for their ongoing development as it will definitely stagnate in that case.

13. stirfry999

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hatate oreily kyogo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    y n w a
    He was absolutely terrible on sat not seen much of him but if that's his standard he is total dug *

14. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Needs loaned.

Some wild comments in here after 1 pre-season friendly.

Guchi Gucci likes this.
  15. Dan Breen

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    WIth that new CH now onboard, I am now hoping he does go out on loan to SPL side, sheep diets or Hibs

16. MAP

True; I do however now refer to him as Bombscare Lawal. :84:

17. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    Not just the Blackburn game, the previous game where he just strolled back while their forward went through on goal really * boiled my *.

Like others have said he needs first team football higher up in the Celtic B side to progress.

18. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Good to see he’s getting more chances with the first team In training.

Mr Cleansheets likes this.
  19. Dan Breen

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Yes indeed, needs must

20. Mr Cleansheets

Very interested in this lad. Hope he gets a few chances this year.