1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Artur Boruc

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by slowburner, Sep 22, 2012.

Discuss Artur Boruc in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Aye. There’s at least 60,000 he knows and who haven’t forgot him. Should have played it in Glasgow.

seanm likes this.
  2. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

That’s Legia for you though. * gonny *.

seanm and NomDePlum like this.
  3. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Wouldn’t mind that actually. Recipe for disaster. Amazed we didn’t line up Racing Club and Athletico Madrid this pre season as well.

Garrymac1888 and FrankMcCallum like this.
  4. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Wonder how much they're charging. Should be a fiver for entry.

5. Garrymac1888 Gold Member Gold Member

Not forgetting the "nearly" game against the huns later this year!

Sean Daleer likes this.
  6. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Bit of a * Boruc..

Read the room as well after the bad feeling his club had towards using recent year's. Isn't like he's no in the loop with their ultras either..

7. Moore Brendan Rodgers OUT Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    JCGE + Grace + YNWA
    Oooooh Artur Boruc, The Holy Goalie, He Hates the Huns!

seanm likes this.
  8. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

https://legia.com/pilka-nozna/obnizamy-ceny-biletow-na-pozegnalny-mecz-artura-boruca/16231

On Wednesday, July 20 at 6 p.m., we will say goodbye to Artur Boruc with a unique match between Legia Warszawa and Celtic FC.

Listening to the fans' voices, today from 5:00 p.m. the prices of all tickets have been reduced by 20 zlotys. Tickets for children under 13 are available for PLN 10. Anyone who previously purchased tickets will be eligible for a refund of the difference in price.

Returns will be processed from next week, i.e. July 18. The maximum waiting time for a refund will be 14 days.

Details regarding the special gift will be sent to people who will be sent to people who will be sent by July 14 at the beginning of next week. 4:59 PM bought tickets.

We would also like to remind you that there is still a 30% discount with the pass for the new season.

Come and say goodbye to Artur Boruc with us!

seanm likes this.
  9. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Artur Boruc has opened up on his decision to snub transfer interest from a host of English Premier League clubs during his time at Celtic.

The 'Holy Goalie' joined the Hoops from Legia Warsaw in the summer of 2005 and on a season-long loan deal. Boruc produced a string of impressive displays and Celtic made the deal permanent until 2009 on a three-and-a-half year contract. But the 42-year-old has revealed that a host of top English clubs were chasing him during his debut season at the Hoops.

Boruc - who faces Celtic in his testimonial for Legia Warsaw on Wednesday night - namechecked Arsenal, Manchester City and Tottenham as three clubs that pursued him. The Polish international admits he spoke to legendary Gunners boss Arsene Wenger on the phone but he decided to remain at Celtic Park because he wanted to play at the 2006 in Germany. Boruc was rewarded for his loyalty as he started all three group stage games against Costa Rica, Ecuador and Germany but the Poles failed to progress to the knockout stages.

Boruc moved to Fiorentina in 2010 before eventually playing in the Premier League when he joined Southampton in 2012 but the Celts icon admits he turned down previous approaches.

"I had Manchester City, Arsenal and Spurs after me and I remember speaking to Arsene Wenger on the phone," Boruc said.

"But it was just before the World Cup and I was desperate to play for Poland at the finals and I couldn't be sure I would be first choice goalkeeper at any of those clubs.

So I signed a new contract with Celtic."

Boruc was a larger than life character during his spell at Celtic.

But the former Poland international believes he got away with more in Scotland that his homeland.

He said I don't regret anything during my career.

Sometimes I react to things faster than I think!

"In the Scottish League, I got away with it, but not in Poland. Emotions sometimes got the better of me."

10. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

ARTUR BORUC is a larger-than-life character.

The Polish stopper was certainly widely regarded as being a big personality in the Hoops dressing room during his time at the club between 2005 and 2010.

As he was on the way out of Parkhead in the summer of 2010 as he headed for Fiorentina, James Forrest was well on his way to becoming a future first team star, having impressed greatly for the club’s academy sides.

Their paths only crossed briefly, but Boruc’s stature at the club was something Forrest, 31, will always remember.

Of the current squad, the winger is the only player to have trained with the legendary Hoops keeper.

They will meet again later this week as Celtic take part in a tribute match for their former player against Legia Warsaw.

It’s something Forrest is relishing – as the Scotland international remembered how good the Pole was with younger players breaking though at the club such as himself.

He said: “I was young at the time, coming through, but I heard a lot of the players talking about him. From what I remember everyone liked him. There were a lot of stories about him but he was really quiet in the changing room and around the place.

“Any time I met him he was always really good with me as a young boy. He did so well here and I think it will be a good testimonial, a good game for him getting Celtic. Hopefully it’s a sell-out for him and a good night.

“There were so many big names there at the time, a lot of big personalities as well. I think it’s always good for young players coming through to learn off the big players who have played in the Champions League and internationals.

“It’s always good to be around big players like that and big characters, you always take bits off everyone and it helps your game as well.

“I think it’s different now (senior players approaching academy players). For the ones who have come through here, like Callum as well, when you see younger players you always take an interest because you have done it as well.

Everyone has been young and come through the youth system to get to the first team. It’s good for them to train with the first team boys and see what it’s like every day, and hopefully they get to that stage themselves some day.”

It was put to Forrest if Boruc was one of Celtic’s greatest ever No.1s. He replied: “I think he has to be right up there. If you ask a lot of fans about what he did here he was just so well liked.

“He’s definitely up there. For him playing against Celtic is perfect, he couldn’t have picked a better team to play against. He is definitely right up there.”

seanm likes this.
  11. seanm

Absolute legend . He got what celtic was all about.still laughing that time after Hun game he refused to shake the * hands.legend HH

12. seanm

Shouldve had this at parkhead guaranteed a far bigger crowd instead of going out with a whimper HH

NomDePlum likes this.
  13. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Artur Boruc was able to take stock of his glittering career in recent weeks after hanging up his gloves.

Time spent in the English Premier Leagueand Serie A may, in other player's minds, be considered their greatest triumphs. After all, for most footballers it's their dream to play in the top tier of English football. A close second would be battling it out week-in, week-out against the likes of Juventus and Inter Milan.

For the retired goalkeeper, though, his mind always goes to the same place. Parkhead is where Boruc, 42, spent his most cherished years in the game. Of course, Legia Warsaw are another of his loves so it's very appropriate that the two square-off this evening in an anticipated friendly to honour the legendary name of Scottish and Polish football.

Artur Boruc was able to take stock of his glittering career in recent weeks after hanging up his gloves.

Time spent in the English Premier Leagueand Serie A may, in other player's minds, be considered their greatest triumphs. After all, for most footballers it's their dream to play in the top tier of English football. A close second would be battling it out week-in, week-out against the likes of Juventus and Inter Milan.

For the retired goalkeeper, though, his mind always goes to the same place. Parkhead is where Boruc, 42, spent his most cherished years in the game. Of course, Legia Warsaw are another of his loves so it's very appropriate that the two square-off this evening in an anticipated friendly to honour the legendary name of Scottish and Polish football.

Fans adored him but it was not a one-way street. The Holy Goalie as he became affectionately known, equally loved Celtic and has maintained that passion for the Scottish champions.

He has watched from afar as Celts sealed nine titles in a row and then he suffered like every other Celtic fan when Neil Lennon's side bungled the 10th at the finish line. For the Pole, though, his optimism shines through when he says: "I know (10 in a row) didn't happen but now is a good time to start again. Why not?

"You know how it is with Celtic, most people who have lived that life will say you don't really realise until you've played there and left there how amazing it is.

"I'm still watching what Celtic are doing and hopefully they're going to win the league for the next few years like they did last season.

There's two things that matter at Celtic. One is to win against Rangers obviously and two is winning titles. Games in Europe is another and I miss that as well."

Plenty of Boruc's iconic moments came in Europe - as they did against the Gers as we'll get to in tomorrow's exclusive part two of our chat - and he insists the Champions League group stage is what Ange Postecoglou's charges must strive for.

"Should Celtic be in the Champions League every year? I think that's a short answer.

"Celtic is a huge club with a massive support, that's two things that should be in there every single year."

It's been a career of highs and lows for Boruc and one he's relieved to see come to an end

All the trophies and cash in the world can't necessarily bring happiness and he's content with his decision to call it a day.

I've been looking forward to saying goodbye and finishing everything with football," he revealed.

"I don't want to be close to football, I'm a bit fed up after so many years playing and so many emotions as a rollercoaster.

"It should make you feel alive but I just want to calm down a little bit and be a father to my kids and a good husband to my wife. That's the priority now."

14. World Champion

At the railroad bar, about seven o'clock.
    * love you Artur, you hate the huns.

15. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

16. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

One of my favourite ever players for Celtic and, at his peak, the best goalie I've seen at the club.

Rydo1888* likes this.
  17. AdamRS Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just can’t get enough Depeche mode
    Absolute legend

18. StainseyBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Andy Hinkel !!
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing