1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Transfer window summer 22

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by jake10, Jun 1, 2022.

Discuss Transfer window summer 22 in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    Keep seeing Tom Rogic replacement being mentioned across different threads now.
    O’Riley or Turnbull are more than capable of filling that void. As unplayable as TR could be on his day, he had games where he did go missing, sometimes a string of them before finding form.

The emphasis needs to be a mobile defensive mid who will add balance to the midfield.
    To add to that we need a centre back who will challenge for a first team game and with our push to land Itakura failing, i fully expect us to be bringing in someone with a bit of quality and pedigree in that position also.

AussieGreek likes this.
  2. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Whole window's ruined for me..

3. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Don’t even think it is that but Kewell being brought into the staff as well goes against everything people like to claim about him.

4. Ryanm1984

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kyogo
    Would be seriously surprised if Mccarthy is still here come end of the window

5. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Who is taking him off our hands?

6. Lewis Kerr

No one in their right mind would sign McCarthy. We monumentally * up by doing so, especially on that contract. He won the lotto and will milk us for every penny.

7. Ryanm1984

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kyogo
    Said same thing about Bolingoli.
    More than likely it will be a loan deal but clubs in English championship will be interested. Let's face it majority of the clubs 8n championshio are in there due to stupid decisions in transfer market.

Also don't think he'll be difficult to deal with, can't see him. Wanting to waste last 3 years of his career sitting on bench or in the stand.

8. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Very different situation.

Boli still had a decent reputation in Belgium and is only 27 so plenty of years to go in football.

McCarthy is damages goods having been injury prone down south. Came up here and hardly kicked a ball because he looks completely done. He’s 32 this year and he’ll be on good wages.

I don’t see how McCarthy appeals to anyone with enough money to take him. The guy is knackered.

Westlondonscot likes this.
  9. spitz

You lot are taking the * aren't you?

Workhorse with no end product and skill set?

He's arguably more creative than Rogic ffs.

They play different positions, Mooy does it from deeper. He's a DLP at his best.

He has a better passing range than Rogic.

Not good enough at Huddersfield? - https://www.goal.com/en-au/news/aar...ndy-booth-football/1jv7ti17ubrbc1rt4k1osnwohq

10. Ryanm1984

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kyogo
    Mooy is coming into give us a bit more depth in midfield which on a free is absolutey fine bcoz as we seen on Saturday we are lacking there.
    For me he's coming into be the player Mccarthy was suppose to be. He'll give us good quality cover for Cal Mac. From reading few articles and few videos he supposedly done really well playing as a 6 v Peru and dictatied pace of the game for large spells. As we seen last season we don't have anyone that can do that when Cal is out, he also can't be expected to just play 60 games every year of his career as if its the norm.
    I think the other signing this week will also be a midfielder but is much more likely to be boy from psg or similar.
    We ain't singing a "wanyama type". Anges has confirmed that too.
    Was similar under the rat too where people continually called for one and never got one.
    It's not the managers style and like it or not he isn't gonna change it. Cal is our 6, he was player of the year last year and Ange isn't gonna throw his philosophy out the window and move our best player for the sake of 6 games. And let's be honest we are miles away from teams in Champions League, since we were last in it football has moved on so fast due to the money involved and signing 1 "big physical DM" isn't gonna change that.

11. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    One google of Andy Booth also has him saying there was no better manager in football than David Wagner :giggle1:

12. spitz

It's quite clear from the Mooy thread and this one, that the extent of people's knowledge regarding Mooy extends to his wikipedia page and the age column.
    People claiming he's a workhorse and not fit to tie Rogic's boots :ange2:

Holy moly.

When Ang managed both of them, one of the two took all the free kicks, corners, and was the key playmaker of the side. I'll give you the tip, it wasn't Rogic.

It was the "workhorse with no end product" :57:

13. Ryanm1984

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kyogo
    Burnley are about to sign Jack * Hendry. A player so bad he once ran around in circles like a wind up toy against Partick thistle.
    There is always someone stupid enough to take a punt. How do you think we have been stuck with Ajeti.

We will likely need to pay large part of his wages but I genuinely don't think he'll be here come end of the window and even if I'm wrong I think the mooy signing effectively end his Celtic career and its highly unlikely we will ever see him play again barring a massive injury crisis or or drawing some 2nd division side in the cup

14. Ryanm1984

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kyogo
    Is he a better player than Mccarthy and Ideguchi?? For me yes therefore on a free it's a no brainer.
    He improves the squad that's all that matters

15. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Can’t see anything about Hendry to Burnley of late, but that’s besides the point.

I’d love it if you’re right. But I’d be stunned if a single team attempted to sign McCarthy. Be it on loan or permanently.

16. Ryanm1984

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kyogo
    Dont think anyone is stupid enough to take him permanently unfortunately best we'll get is a loan for a year of his contract and then it will be one less year to negotiate his pay off.

Him and Scales only go to show Desmond knows as much about transfer dealings as he does about appointing CEOs.

17. spitz

I'm not going to comment on the other two.

Mooy's limited game is only because of the Chinese League quota requirements, just like other European and South American players have had to sit out games in the past.

I'm actually surprised he's coming to Celtic, there was always rumors around Rangers with him and I thought he came from a Rangers supporting family.

Ang is a huge pull here obviously.

Mooy is unquestionably one of Ang's favourite players he's ever managed.

That alone isn't good enough for some on here though it seems. What would he know....

Couscous likes this.
  18. Couscous

Pretty disgusted about Postecoglou to be honest. Have absolutely no idea what he brings to the team. Another ridiculous board signing. Never heard of him and he's almost 60. Shocker of a move from the club.

spitz likes this.
  19. AussieGreek

Will be a great signing who can hit out long and crisp pass, reads the game well, and play in CalMac's current position, thus allowing CalMac to move up the pitch.

I'm on record saying that no current Aussie player is good enough for Celtic, with Mooy being the exception. Really hope this one goes through.

20. spitz

Hrustic and Souttar definitely are, but this is a separate discussion.

AussieGreek likes this.