1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Call to ban the Daily Record from Parkhead

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by CheGuevara, Oct 18, 2016.

Discuss Call to ban the Daily Record from Parkhead in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. wulliebad

Iv banned the * of a paper from my life and the house so would support a celtic banning them from the grounds....they need us more than we need them.

2. Xatraps Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    I suppose the buying & reading of the paper is mostly irrelevant to me as in Dublin you'd have to go looking really hard to find it.
    As for banning them, I wouldn't be in favour. I don't have any great observation that will blow people away & lead to a sea change of opinion.
    Just that to me it's a dying rag, banning it isn't going to change the type of stories they publish. And while I'm not convinced that it would be a petty move, it would be interpreted & portrayed as such.
    The 'Celtic tax' story was recognised for the trash it was. The Irish Daily Mirror website had a link to it that was removed fairly sharpish. They realised it was bollox & binned it.
    To the best of my knowledge no other mainstream media outlet ran with the story? I'm open to correction on that tho.

3. faw cough Gold Member Gold Member

Should have been banned a long time ago.

They bring nothing positive to our club whatsoever.

4. jake10

Fav Celtic Player:
    whoever is our new record spend
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Go on home british soldiers
    * record at it again, misquoted Juranovic hoping to sow discord, WHY do Celtic allow them access?

Video Celts journalist Joe McHugh deserves plenty of praise for highlighting the discrepancies between the ‘translation’ of Josip Juranovic’s thoughts on the possibility of a move to Atletico Madrid highlighted in the Daily Record in comparison to those run in Spanish publication Mundio Sportivo this week.

In Mundio SportivoJuranovic quoted as saying –

‘But for the first time, Juranovic has spoken about Atlético. He has done it on Croatian RTL television. “I know there were some stories, but honestly I didn’t even ask my agent about it. I didn’t care, and I have to keep my feet on the ground, even though it was Atlético Madrid after all. at a great club, Celtic,” Juranovic quickly clarified.

Meanwhile the Daily Record takes an altogether more sensationalistic approach –

He said: “I hope there was something in the stories, but honestly I didn’t even ask our manager or anything about it. I didn’t care. I have to keep my feet firmly on the ground. It was Atletico Madrid after all, but I’m at a big club already, Celtic

blatantly lying by ‘reporting’ Juranovic saying, “I hope there was something in the stories …” when he never said it at all, I’m raging again about a publication I don’t read online or the paper copy because as Phil said, ‘rangers magic Celtic tragic “ is their basic agenda