1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Transfer window summer 22

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by jake10, Jun 1, 2022.

Discuss Transfer window summer 22 in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Cumbernauld Bhoy67

Window started perfectly with getting CCV and Jota signed up. Don’t know much about Bernabei but we needed lb strengthened which has been done, however we certainly need another 2/3 more, worried slightly at how the leaks have gone dry. DM is very important along with another CB imo, criminal if we don’t get both.

CountyDownFaithful and Wee Baldy like this.
  2. JamesM09

A fine assessment sir.

3. Foley1888

Thanks I do think we are in a good place financially at the moment. I know we have spent a good bit to bring in CCV and Jota but we had a good surplus from last year.

There is always a ? around actual fees and wages but we brought in around £34.5m in fees (without add ons realised or % owed to others). Say we lost around £4.5m of that to % of sale owed to PSG, Start and ICT. We would be at £30m in, with approx £10.5m of add ons which have mostly been realised. So something give or take £1-2m either way around £40m was brought in.

We spent around £23.1m including January and Maeda. So even accounting for CCV and Jota at £12.5m between them we will still have made a net surplus of in the region of £4m again give or take £1-2m either way.

We have bought Bernabei for something between £2.75m to £3.75m and Siegrist on a free. So overall we have turned our squad around and have a squad of players with big resale value, such as O’Riley, Turnbull, Hatate, Abada, Jota, CCV, Maeda, Kyogo, and Juranovic all worth considerably more than we paid for them.

We also have the position of secure CL football this season something we haven’t had
    since 17/18 where our turnover was over £100m. In 17/18 we made an operating profit of £14.5m with wages up at £59m. Based on the previous point I wouldn’t be surprised if our wages were a lot closer to £50m now.

In addition 17/18 was before Adidas who pay us more than New Balance did and season ticket numbers have also increased due to the higher number sold during and after COVID.

I don’t think it would be outrageous to suggest our 22/23 revenue will be a club record.

JamesM09 likes this.
  4. Twisty Rodgers out !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Need some rumours in my life. Somebody make something up to give us a bit of excitement.

ArturBorucCSC likes this.
  5. Skelleto

Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the old brigade
    I feel greedy for feeling underwhelmed so far.

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

Cumbernauld Bhoy67 and JamesM09 like this.
  6. evilbunny1991

Fav Celtic Player:
    KI
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing
    We still need a first team defensive midfielder and a first team ready centre back. Without quality players in these positions I don’t see us getting anywhere in Europe. As exciting as we might be offensively and score goals in the CL we will always be let down by conceding soft goals and being unable to control games effectively.

Defensively we are weak because one injury to CCV or Starfelt and we have serious problems with the quality of the backup. I’d rather serious money is spent on these two positions with no more attacking players brought in.

ArturBorucCSC, Skelleto and JamesM09 like this.
  7. JamesM09

And the Sydney Cup is reportedly going to bring in a decent amount for us too!

8. Skelleto

Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the old brigade
    This. Agree with everything here.

9. Charlielarsson

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    Hopefully get Ajeti and jullien out ASAP and speed up to get final players in

10. Lewis Kerr

You shouldn't, we've made one significant difference from last season's squad in Bernabei. Getting Jota and CCV is great but almost every Celtic fan thought they were signing since the tail end of the last campaign.

I thought we'd have at least another body in by now with the SPFL just around the corner. Thankfully we don't have those * awful qualifiers this time, but it's gone terribly quiet since the Souza debacle ended.

We need 2 in at a minimum to come in and compete for starting positions right away. I'd rather we get them in sooner rather than later.

Cumbernauld Bhoy67 and Skelleto like this.
  11. bhoy_wonder Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    JCGE
    It's all gone a bit quiet. Need some ridiculous outlandish rumours in my life.

12. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    I think we will get both of those things.

It's still only approaching mid July so I'd expect both positions to be filled. We clearly had a lot of hope in getting Souza so it's obviously a position we are targeting.

The CB could be reliant on Jullien going first given his wage.

13. oh bhoy

With bolingoli,bilton and rogic away and possibly jullien the average height of the squad has been slashed we need some size in the team

14. dmccourt95

Still expect Turnbull to be sold if he doesn’t sign a new deal by the end of the window. Can’t see the club wanting to let anyone into their last 12 months after the shambles with Edouard Christie and Ajer. Would also clear the way for this French boy and a 6 to be added to midfield

His agent being the same one as Armstrong and Christie’s won’t make negotiating easy either

15. Skelleto

Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the old brigade
    I wouldn’t mind selling Turnbull as I don’t rate him. He’s a decent bench player but I am 100% confident that we can get much better then him.

16. dmccourt95

I like him but don’t think he has the engine to be a starter in Anges system, if we can make 10 mill on him I’d be happy

Skelleto likes this.
  17. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    This feels like a real game against decent opposition with a partisan crowd to add a decent atmosphere. It should give us a wee idea as to where we are re match fitness etc. C'Mon the Hoops

18. celtic warrior

I know probably sounds rather silly but do you think our business feels like it's slowed down just whilst the squad and Ange are away out of the country.

Not much of an excuse as obviously signings can be made where ever Ange is...but I reckon we could see it kick up a gear once the squad touches back down in Glasgow.

19. Pearse67*

We badly need another experienced cb, welsh isnt good enough, jullien is finished and lawal isnt ready.

Starfelt being out has exposed a gaping hole.

Keano88 likes this.
  20. Keano88

Definitely aye.

Thought Lawal could be the man to step up but the way he was caught out and couldn’t recover for the 2nd was an eye opener.

Let’s hope there’s something in the boy Brooks who used to be at Wolfsburg. Bags of experience.

Failing that a CB with good pace would be ideal for the way we play.