1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Non media rumours

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by CheGuevara, Jul 19, 2021.

Discuss Non media rumours in the Transfer Rumours area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Foley1888

Where I agree we lacked physicality and especially legs in the middle of the park in that game. Rogic, given Bassey was allowed to foul him constantly without getting penalised was like a man down and Hatate was running on fumes.

However we could have easily picked them off like we did at Ibrox, the biggest issue for me that day was decision making in the final third, Jota and Maeda in particular but Abada was non existent as well. We had enough situations where an early ball put someone through one on one but the player in possession continually fluffed their lines.

On the Slovakian striker, I would rather get another wide player who could play through the middle as I don’t want to rely on the fitness of Forrest and Johnston. I think our current set up has an over reliance on Jota to be a creative player. That could well lead to him being over played or us having issues if he gets injured.

2. mickcfc91

Fav Celtic Player:
    Current - Scott Brown .. All Time - Lubo n henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Wiley Maley
    Talk of Genk bidding €6 million

3. Keano88

* it!

AB905533-388E-44D5-805A-60C9100F9CBE.jpeg

Mr Shelby, AdamRS and Rydo1888* like this.
  4. Keano88

James McCarthy will be like a new signing mate.

——

Just kidding. A few years ago that definitely would have been the fall back option though.

The way Ange has worked so far though I reckon we’ll have 2/3 we’re looking at now.

Excited to see who we go for.

Hammy89 likes this.
  5. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Aye he looks like he wants to get forward in to the 8, even if he is a 6..

The boy Vera looks good but doesn't scream get him in for me but does look good. Just no Souza

Seen a poster mention this guy on KDS apparently heard we like him or something and he looks a real player but more in the 8

Only 21 as well but looks class. Would be exciting as * if true..

That Almasi looks good up top. Decent option. Problem now is all of these will be cash buys and eat in to our budget. Whereas before I'd of fancied us getting Souza on a loan to buy..

Hammy89 and Mr Shelby like this.
  6. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Watching a video of Vera as we speak and Bernabei is in a few clips from international level.

Clearly a lot of talent to be picked up for £3-6m. But again he doesn't scream the type of midfielder I feel we need to sit there and screen the defence.

That's the disappointing thing with Souza as he had everything. Ideal height, frame, play style etc. We need a * man's Fabinho and he appears that.

However I trust ange.

Hammy89 and McChiellini.. like this.
  7. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    Aye he isn't a monster but looks very good all the same and a good set piece taker which we could do with..

I don't like defensive mids who have to go in 2 or 3 time's just to nick the ball. That's what I saw of from Vera and just want to see more physicality where player's bottle even going in for 50/50's like they did when Wanyama was here..

Owusu. Onana. Hopefully someone fairly imposing that can play..

I really like the look of that Castro though. He'd be excellent for us....has a bit of the x factor and bums off seats vibes from his highlights in the 8..

Mr Shelby likes this.
  8. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony

Aye Onana for sure looks more what I'm after. Has that frame to just barge * off it.

Belmonte I still also like the look of but he'd be one to compete with Hatate, Turnbull, McGregor and O'Riley. No guarantees in there atm.

I'm pretty certain we will sign someone exciting. Castro is giving me rogic vibes.

Hammy89 likes this.
  9. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    Proper..

It's something we lack throughout the team so thought it would be important in that 6 position as we deffo lack physicality in the middle. Souza was a presence and good in the air. Feel like we need something similar..

Belmonte I think looks class. I wouldn't be surprised if we go for him as we must've scouted Lanus well with Bernabei. Would help him also, although no a primary concern but another market we should be exploiting if there's loads of bargains for cheap. Belmonte does look fairly physically imposing, strong in the tackle and good in the air to be fair..

Good shout. I was getting Riquelme vibes at point's :giggle1:

Mr Shelby likes this.
  10. Gazzi79

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hart
    I think Onana is the better DM out of 3 guys Pendy mentioned. Gonna be interesting few days.

Sent from my SM-A505FN using Tapatalk

11. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony

Funny you mention Riquelme. This was the video I watched...check who's been dubbed in:giggle1:

McChiellini.. likes this.
  12. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Onana is perfect for us. Exact sort of midfielder we're needing and surely can be picked up for fairly cheap given the mess Bordeaux are in.

13. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    Unreal :giggle1:

Genuinely never seen it before..

Ballers..

Mr Shelby likes this.
  14. Danny88

Fav Celtic Player:
    Joe Hart
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Giakoumakis 99 Red Balloons
    Nicolas Castro has a €4m release clause. Looks like it would be a good deal as a Rogic replacement.

RabS likes this.
  15. McGrory1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Callum McGregor
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    At the start of summer they were still looking for a high fee, but that may have changed following their demotion being made official.

16. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    Anyone have Vera's defensive stats or anything?

At a guess he looks like he'd top any of our link's passing wise?

Jesus. Sign him up!!!!.

17. Celtic_Daft1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    There won’t be a Rogic replacement. O’Riley and Turnbull will be the attacking midfielders with Hatate being able to stand in that role. I reckon we might get another winger/striker and a DM, that’s about our lot: the others will depend on players on big salaries leaving, like Julien and Ajet

18. craigtheceltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom
    Small sample of 6 games and all I could find. Put it into the same format that compares Souza and Onana.

Souza ——————————— Onana
    3.9 tackles — ——————3.0 tackles
    2.0 interceptions — ———1.7 interceptions
    3.1 clearances ————— 0.9 clearances
    0.7 blocks ————————- 0.2 blocks
    79.3% passing ————— 81.8% passing

Vera
    1.7 tackles
    1.5 interceptions
    1.0 clearances
    0.3 blocks
    83.4% passing

So probably a tackle a game short of being comparable to Onana defensively. Also noted that Vera provided 0.7 Key passes a game which is the same as Onana, but the shots per game is very different, Vera has 3 pg. Also of note, Onana has 2 * touches per gave v 1.7 pg for Vera. Also a big difference in passes per game, Vera has 60 per game v Onana 45 per game.

Final edit: just noted that the 6 games were 2 at DM and 4 in CM. His rating was 7.2 at DM and 6.82 at CM. So it’s really hard to get a gauge on him.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2022
    McChiellini.. likes this.
  19. Wllm Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Not seen any of his clips yet as I was checking out that Castro guy you recommended (he's class btw) but pulled some stats in comparison to the rest of his league. Sounds like he's very tidy and progressive on the ball and decent enough defensively to put him in the upper bracket of players.

Screenshot_20220708-100214_Word.jpg Screenshot_20220708-100150_Word.jpg Screenshot_20220708-100110_Word.jpg Screenshot_20220708-095800_Word.jpg Screenshot_20220708-095716_Word.jpg

McChiellini.. and craigtheceltic like this.
  20. Foley1888

That will be a bargain for someone on Castro not sure we will look to sign someone there as. O’Riley, Hatate and Turnbull can all play as the most advanced CM. If we do buy a DM,
    McGregor will play most games at either DM or CM. Ideguchi I think will be far more involved covering either of those positions too.

Wouldn’t mind a loan to buy move for Gaston Avila from Boca, he doesn’t seem to be getting much game time but is an Aggressive front foot defender who is excellent on the ball. He is on the short side but has a great leap.

Going all out on the Argentinians, not sure Belmonte is a fully DM but looks a cracking player. The same could be said for Vera, so if either are brought in then I wouldn’t complain. Have we actually been linked to Vera?