1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

It Has To Be Said...

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Adam, Aug 10, 2008.

Discuss It Has To Be Said... in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. mikeyp

there should be a section of the ground where you can turn up and pay in on the day, then busloads of mates etc can all sit together then you would get an atmosphere going!!

2. Hut*Hut

Fav Celtic Player:
    Frank Mcavennie/Aiden McGeady
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony/Holy Goalie
    agreed. terracing would accoumplish the same thing. It's allot easier to get a song going when you've got ten of your mates around.

3. ARMALITE

Oh for the days of the jungle.

4. Marie Bookmaker

Fav Celtic Player:
    Them all!!!
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Agreed :50: I was talking to my dad and brother about this earlier, definitely no atmostphere problems back when the jungle was there

5. mikeyp

Only problem wi the jungle was that i am a short * so i couldna see the game !!

6. Richmal

Totally agree, the team killed any hope of a decent atmosphere, and i dont think walk on is a good song to sing at start of game. wait till during game

7. zmcfc

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenrye, Celtic Symphony, LTPS
    Please don't bring the no women and kids argument into it... 65% of people at Celtic games are men, and 95% of the men do *-all but sit and watch the game, so don't try and pass on the blame lol..

8. MissKarris

Fav Celtic Player:
    Boruc, Mcgeady
    Fav Celtic Song:
    celtic symphony, wille maley, four leaf clover
    i agree with the first part of your post wholeheartedly.

but im sick to the * back teeth of people on this board acting like women are second class citizens when it comes to football!

was there really any need to have NO WOMEN in caps?

would it not be better to suggest a terracing section devoted only to fans who wanted to be vocal, man woman or child?

cos i tell you something, where i was sitting yesterday, out of all the 'young lads' and men you mention, it was me and a seven year old boy who were the most vocal out the lot!

9. kel1967

Fav Celtic Player:
    maloney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    ynwa
    NO WOMEN watch yer mouth my money is as good as yours and my loyalty.......the atmosphere was poor yesterday but you cant blame women for that..it's true someone will start singing and does he/she get backed up no, so work out percentages.....males are the majority of the crowd so having no women would not change circumstances. all supporters male, female should sing and support the team!!!

10. Hut*Hut

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Lets face it, Ive never heard a woman start a song that got going. Ive never heard a kid start a song that got going. And I think part of the reason so many men do * all is because theres so much of a family feels about the place that getting behind the team often seems out of place. For right or wrong, what gets the atmosphere going is lads turning up with a drink and being boisterous as *. Thats what you get at away games. You cannae do that when theres 3 young children and a mother siting next to you. Thats the real issue actually, it isnae women, it's families whether men or women.

By all means there should be a family section, but there should also be a section that's geared towards young guys who wanna have a drink and get behind the team and thats what terracing would achieve all by itself. Then if women wanna come or if kids wanna come fine, but they know what to expect. As it is every stand is a family stand and no offense but that contributes hugely to the * atmosphere. I dont care if it isnae PC, it's undeniably true.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 12, 2008
  11. made in ireland

agreed.

12. Hut*Hut

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Im sure 95% of people agree...whether they'll say it or not is a whole other issue.

13. mmmikey

Fav Celtic Player:
    McStay, Moravcik, Di Canio, LARSSON!
    I'd be well keen for that. Don't know if the drunken fans could be trusted not to start some kind of riot though :54:

14. Hut*Hut

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    personally Id take the occasional riot over the tedium we have now:56:. Im not talking about letting people in STEAMING by the way, just more of recreating an environment where being a bit leary and loud is the norm rather than something that gonna get you stared at or something your gonna have to apologize to a 4 year old wean & his mother for.

15. hoops daft

Fav Celtic Player:
    one artur boruc MCGEADY
    Fav Celtic Song:
    soldier song feilds of athenry hail hail
    i'm in the shouth east corner behind that big * pole and when i first got my season ticket it was a decent atmosphere but now if i try to sing along i am one of the only ones doing it and when you're not * that''''''''''s a bit embarassing

so it's all very well sayin this on some this forum but how are we gonna get somthin done about the wake that is celtic park:87::39:

16. kel1967

Fav Celtic Player:
    maloney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    ynwa
    totally agree

1. because of peoples attitudes they dont get behind women starting a song which i have in the past, when being loud MEN look at me like i am a mental escapee or say stupid comments so i feel like i am banging my head against a brick wall.
    2. the family feel u et is the future of the club dont u lot get it?

Sorry to sound * off but u cant treat me different because i aint got something dangling between my legs!!!!!!!!!

17. hoopybhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    McGeady,Naka and the Holy Goalie
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie maley
    where the * do you people stand at the games when i was going to Celtic park the section i was in was always loud, just because you cant hear it on the tv doesn't mean the crowd is quite.

18. T.D.

Fav Celtic Player:
    JOHN REID OUT
    Fav Celtic Song:
    LET THE PEOPLE SING!!!
    Those who are pushing for the "no women" sections or * like that. Do you know what you sound like?

why not just forbid catholics too while we are at it...and those pesky irish as well?

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 17, 2008
  19. DannyBonnar

Fav Celtic Player:
    Vennegoor , Caldwell , Mcgeady
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    totally agree atmosphere is getting pretty bad at domestic games has to inprove to be honest

20. DannyBonnar

Fav Celtic Player:
    Vennegoor , Caldwell , Mcgeady
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    times are changing thats kinda the piont of the thread lol ?