1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Gigs Thread

Discussion in 'TC Media' started by greengrocer, Mar 9, 2012.

Discuss Gigs Thread in the TC Media area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Double Dutch

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    I actually remember that, the 5 nights thing. In fact that might even have been when I seen them there!

Was funny after it, everyone standing at the bus waiting for the band to come out, some drunk guy got through the security line and approached Steve Craddock and Craddock skelped him across the head wae a can a lager :56:

Whole crowd gave an almighty cheer :giggle1:

Sean Daleer likes this.
  2. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Mate is was Monday to * Friday they done at the Barras. Hard to forget when your favourite band does office hours for a week :56:

3. Double Dutch

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    The more I think about it the more it rings a bell, I was working in the snooker club in dennistoun at the time, must have been about 16/17 so 99/2000? Weekday sounds about right. * it am goanny say I was there :giggle1:

Sean Daleer likes this.
  4. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Was a weird time for me. In a short space of time OCS became huge (thanks in part to TFI Friday) and sold enough tickets to sell out the SECC twice over and The Prodigy (at roughly the same time) had to downgrade from the Barras to The Arches. * for Prodigy but fantastic for us. Especially as Republica were the support act. Saffron in a mini kilt. Still think of that in the shower.

5. Double Dutch

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    That must have been phenomenal man!

Did you go to gig on the green? My first festival and will never be beat. Primal Scream touring XTRMNTR, Gomez, Fun Loving Criminals, Dandy Warhols, Paul Weller, Shed Seven, Beck...it was * glorious.

6. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Missed it mate. Can’t mind why either because that is an incredible line up. Gomez might be my favourite band from the 90s. OCS will have something to say about it but you can’t fight love haha. Beck, Weller, Primal Scream, FLC...how the * did I miss that?

7. Double Dutch

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Aw mate that is gutting. Easily the best weekend of music of my life. Even the weather was perfect.

Least you got to see OCS five nights in a row :84:

8. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

There’s a good chance I was doing a weekender at Aikenhead Road at the time, doesn’t answer why I didn’t have a ticket though lol. Might have been in a lads holiday or something. Some line up though. That’s hard to top.

Double Dutch likes this.
  9. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Think so mate aye, the guy doing the Buckingham role asked me for * at the break then shouted ‘Mon the hoops’ in my ear.

Random as * :56:

10. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Saw Coldplay at Hampden tonight. Mrs is a huge fan and I like a few songs, but I was blown away tbh. What a show. 552BC2FA-F199-45A9-B86C-49644AD53DF1.jpeg

11. Free the Adblock Gold Member Gold Member

Got tickets for Roger Waters' next June at Hydro, it should be good gig by all accounts.

12. _DannyBhoy_ Gold Member Gold Member

Seen Kasabian on Saturday and Biffy on Sunday at the Hydro. Both amazing gigs.

13. greengrocer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby, Larsson, Lambert
    Going to clutch tomorrow.

neilly1987 likes this.
  14. _DannyBhoy_ Gold Member Gold Member

Alter Bridge last night at the Hydro. Supported by Halestorm and Mammoth MVH (Van Halen’s son)

15. johnboy19

Fav Celtic Player:
    Billy McNeil and Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song and The Celtic Symphony
    I was there mate. Mammoth were SUPERB. I was there with my daughter, who's a massive Halestorm fan. They ,too, were superb, but I thought Alter Bridge were crap. Not a fan so I was hoping they'd manage to change my opinion, but, sadly, no. Wasn't impressed at all.

16. _DannyBhoy_ Gold Member Gold Member

Really mate anything in particular you thought could have been better or just not a fan of the music? I thought they were great tbh.

17. _DannyBhoy_ Gold Member Gold Member

Paolo last night at the Hydro. Unreal :notworthy

18. Fontaine Gold Member Gold Member

Was he still doing the "new takes" of his classics?

The last i saw him was during the caustic love release and he butchered all the old songs.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2022
  19. _DannyBhoy_ Gold Member Gold Member

Yeah he was mate, I was expecting this after watching some of his performances at TRNSMT etc.

Jenny don’t be hasty was a slightly more rock sounding but I thought it was really good. He did a mash of this with teenage kicks and a bit of new shoes at the end which again was different style and just a small part of the song.

Candy was slightly different but still really enjoyed it.

He was outstanding though, iron sky, through the echoes and acid eyes in particular was class.

He didn’t play some of the old hits like rewind, last request, these streets etc but you can’t play them all.

Some artists disappoint slightly live but he thrives in it. Can make out every word that he sings clearly.

20. johnboy19

Fav Celtic Player:
    Billy McNeil and Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song and The Celtic Symphony
    I must admit I'm not their biggest fan, but Myles Kennedy's voice was going right through me. I went with an open mind, willing them to blow me away, but no, wasn't impressed.
    What di impress me was Godsmack at the Academy. WHAT a show. Sully Erna is a superb front man. And met the bass player after the gig, so that rounded off a great night.