1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Leigh Griffiths

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Vertie Auld, Jan 31, 2014.

Discuss Leigh Griffiths in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    40 in league 2....easy :Kyogo:

2. StevieBhoooy!

I think ‘abroad’ is his only/best option to try and wipe his stained slate clean…. Not necessarily with Lennon- that could be counter-productive… but somewhere reasonably competitive that he has a chance to move again… without being in the radar of the Scottish media on a daily basis.

It would be his chance to not only get himself sorted out but also to keep the opportunity of a longer career and possibly a return home a future possibility.

That said… I have my doubts whether he is the sort of player and person who could cut it working overseas… especially in sport.

scuzzy likes this.
  3. scuzzy Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke, KT, Naka, Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    fields of athenry
    very true

4. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    It's sad to see someone waste the life that we as Celtic supporters can only dream of. I don't know how strict or not the club were when it was clear he was going off the tracks but it just seemed everyone and their dog new what he was getting up to through social media. He gave me some great memories as a Celtic player and, for that reason, I hope he can turn things around but I doubt it

5. The Celtbot

Think if he was fit he could cut it in America.

6. NakamuraTastic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Naka, Rogic & Alan Watts!
    Leigh Griffiths: 'A lot of people don't want me to play football'
    Leigh Griffiths has issued a plea to managers to give him a chance at the top level again as he admitted he is "desperate" to prove his critics wrong. The former Celtic striker is without a club and has been training on his own.

The 31-year-old had a loan spell at Dundee last season before dropping down two divisions to play for Falkirk. "I can still cut it at the highest level, I still fully believe that, and its about getting my chance to prove myself again," he said.

Griffiths signed a one-year contract with Celtic last summer but failed to make a single appearance under Ange Postecoglou as he struggled with fitness and personal issues and was instead sent on loan to Dundee.

After three goals in 17 appearances, he signed a short-term deal with League One club Falkirk, scoring twice in 12 games.

Now the 22-times capped striker has even taken up boxing in order to get himself into shape, working six days a week on his fitness. "There'll be split opinions on whether my career is finished," Griffiths told BBC Radio Scotland Sportsound.

"I need to try and prove myself to people who keep doubting me and it seems nowadays that there's more and more.

"A lot of things have happened over the past couple of years and clubs might not want to be associated with me, but I'm just working as tirelessly as I can to get myself in the best shape."

Griffiths has not ruled out a move abroad as the next step in his career, having accepted that managers in Scotland may be reluctant to offer him a deal.

"A manager has got to take a chance and whether that's a chance they want they want to take or not is entirely up to them," he said. "As soon as a manager phones me or my agent up, they'll see that I'm fully focused, they'll see I'm ready to hit the ground running wherever I go.

"My confidence is lower than a snakes belly at the minute and that's because I'm seeing everybody going back to pre-season, playing games, training and being back amongst changing rooms - and for me I'm doing my work myself in the gym and then going home.

"When I get a club, hopefully my confidence comes back and, when my confidence is at the top of its game, that's when you'll see the best of me.

"I'm being taught a lesson. You can't take anything for granted, especially in the football world. One minute, I'm at Celtic playing well and winning trophies and the next I'm finishing fifth in League 1."

Griffiths claims a lot of people do not wish to see him play football again, but he credits his agent with giving him the hunger to get back fit again.
    "If I didn't have him backing me up, saying that he's working hard to find me the right club, I wouldn't have it, I'd probably end up retiring," he added.

"It's difficult, a lot of people don't want me to play football, but for me I've got a family to provide for, I still want to play football, I still enjoy doing it.

"Yes, I've made a lot of mistakes in my time, but I'm still a human being at the end of the day. I still fully believe I'll get there."

Source
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/62020366

7. James Gold Member Gold Member

Personal issues is a strange way to describe texting minors but hey ho. Wouldn't be surprised to see him link up with Lennon in Cyprus

8. Zanderama

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Fav Celtic Song:
    ALL OF THEM!!!!
    He'll end up at Broomhill FC

9. Gazzi79

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hart
    He'll end up at Auchinleck Talbot

Sent from my SM-A505FN using Tapatalk

10. Raoul Duke

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    He'll not make it anywhere now. He's spent his entire career being completely unprofessional, not training hard enough, eating *, drinking booze n puttin * knows what else into his body. At 31 it'll have knackered him after doin it for years.

11. Gazzi79

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hart
    Yeah you could be right. Couldn't believe when some people says he'll end up in Cyprus with Lennon but have they forgotten about Covid season when Lennon fell out with Griffiths after he came back 2 training so unfit.

12. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    I know he's got weans but he should've tried going away to Australia..

Still earn a decent wage and would score a few out there. He's * it I honestly don't see anywhere where he'd go and do well and earn a decent wage now..

13. Dembele the next messi

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the old brigade
    He has had a ton of stick on here but when he was fit and on form he was a cracking player I honestly hope he.gets himself fit and bangs in the goals.again

F*CK the huns and the haters

14. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Aye, about 7 years ago.

He doesn't have "haters". People just realised - years ago - that he's an utter waster who has thrown away his career when he should have been at his peak. How anyone can have sympathy for the jakey wee nonce is beyond me.

FranceCelt and TheHappyLoss like this.
  15. JamesM09

He strikes me as the type that never understood people won’t pay him £20k per week for the rest of his life. I also don’t think he’s fully realised he won’t ever be paid like that again.

I feel like he thinks this is just a blip and he’ll get fit and sign for someone like Celtic again soon, but he’s 31 now and it simply won’t happen.

He would be advised to go wherever will pay him the most money and bank it all sensibly for the rest of his life.

Jacob knows and McChiellini.. like this.
  16. TheHappyLoss

Spot on, took me longer than most to smell the coffee but he’s a total waster who caused himself most of his problems. They guy couldn’t bang them in for Dundee or Falkirk, he’s done and it’s mainly his own doing

17. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    Fair play to you, you realised quicker than the rest of us :56:

The fact he’s scored more than 120 goals for us and was an utter waster is beyond frustrating, he done that whilst being a waster. And got chance after chance, and a chance after that due to luck and poor planning from us, then was going to get another one after that as well due to the same thing under Ange. And he * every single one of them.

18. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    He's had chance after chance after chance and * it up every time. Haters my *. He's only got himself to blame

19. Gazzi79

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hart
    Still without a football club I see. Maybe Open goal Broomhill will be decent for him

20. Skelleto

Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the old brigade
    If it wasn’t for the paedo texting, I would have lots of sympathy for a guy scoring 40 goals in a season to end up with mental illness and a mega decline.

But he did those disgusting things so * him for it. And I was his biggest “defender” on here.

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk