1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Jota.

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Luis1967, Aug 31, 2021.

Discuss Jota. in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. MickeyyMack CELTIC GLASGOW OK Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    This has probably already been posted but I couldn’t give a * class :56:

McChiellini.. and Zanderama like this.
  2. Taz Blind Justice Gold Member News Writer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Holy effin *! A 5 year deal! That is awesome, awesome, awesome!!! :57:

3. cidermaster Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    That Depeche Mode when we score!!
    We only reach the last 4 in 2024:84:

Mr Shelby likes this.
  4. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Must be honest i didn't think we'd get him, it's brilliant tae hear just how much he loves being at Celtic, a great/exciting young player who will only get even better, good times.

cidermaster likes this.
  5. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    How happy is he in that presser in over 30 year following Celtic I have never seen a happier player at their unveiling

The_Bhoy, gazb1888 and Rydo1888* like this.
  6. Dalbeth3

Fav Celtic Player:
    to many greats to be able to pick one
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    * he has just signed ,,, and u want to sell him !!!

7. apevrak

This signing shows some serious intent. We just need to enjoy him while he's here, cause he'll have clubs all over him this time next year.

The_Bhoy, DonnyCelt and Crilly like this.
  8. merthyn

"To be honest, it’s quite a nostalgic moment for me because I was there for 15 years. It’s like a kid leaving home, leaving his parents. I guess it’s like Tierney going to Arsenal. This is the same for me. So I’m nostalgic about it because I really love Benfica. My story with them will keep on. I’m not going to say goodbye because I know that one day I will go back."

Really enjoyed everything he had to say today. Hard working and loyal and doesn't forget his roots.

9. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

FROM Ibiza to New York, from Cancun to Lisbon, the Celtic supporters have followed the globetrotting escapades of Jota all summer. It hasn’t only been through social media that they’ve been able to keep tabs on the winger, though, who they desperately hoped would be joining them permanently.

It didn’t matter where the Portuguese went, he would bump into Celtic fans. And each and every one of them would have the same message for him, as they pleased him to convert his loan deal last season from Benfica into the long-term contract he eventually signed yesterday.

Some of the supporters who met Jota got more than just a few minutes of his time too, with an unsuspecting group of fans getting the ringer of a lifetime after roping him into a Sunday League match.

“I saw the Celtic fans everywhere I went,” Jota said. “You have no idea how many stories I have with supporters. It was crazy.

“There are Celtic people all over the world which is a good thing. It was good to feel the love and warmth everywhere I went.

“I had a kickabout with some fans in New York. I actually played a Sunday League match with a group of Irish fans.

“Me and my friend were kicking a ball around when someone approached us and asked if we wanted a game. They asked if we wanted to join them because they were a couple of players short. They needed two guys to make up the numbers so we said ‘Why not?’

“Then when I started to play one of the guys from our team came up and asked if I was Jota. I had a Celtic strip on with my name on the back but they still didn't believe me at first and thought it was a joke.

“He said ‘No way, no, this must be a joke, it’s not you, come on. Jota is not in New York playing with us in the Sunday League!’ And I said ‘Yeah I am, I am! Trust me, it’s real!’

“In the end he understood that it was me, and I remember that we had to start the game losing 2-0, because the rule was that if two guys didn’t show up, you started the game losing 2-0. So, then I said to myself ‘ok, we cannot lose this game.’ We had to go strong.

“It was good to be with Celtic fans and enjoy some time with them in an amazing city.

“I don’t remember the name of the team, but I remember the score was like 6-5, something like that. I scored two and had four assists!

“I knew that the fanbase of Celtic is really big, but I never expected when I turned the next corner I would find someone from Celtic.

“Sometimes it’s just random. I knew it could happen, but I didn’t go to these places for this to happen, I went for my holidays!

“But it was just lucky they were there and I could just chat with them a bit.”

Those chats did play a part in the final decision that Jota made to swap Benfica – his childhood club – for Celtic in the end, a dilemma he was trying to put to the back of his mind as he checked out of Celtic Park as a Premiership champion in mid-May.

“When I went on my holidays, I just started to think about holidays,” he said. “I knew there was a moment I had to make a decision and it was in that moment that I made the decision.

“They kept on saying that [that I had to stay]. And I kept on saying ‘First let me enjoy my holiday. It is really short. I won’t have this throughout the season. So I will make the decision when I have to make it’.

“Yes [they influenced me], but then we just started to talk about normal things, the life in these places. I am a cultural guy. I just ended up speaking about normal things.”

As well as developing himself as a person over the summer away from football, Jota is looking forward to developing further under the tutelage of Ange Postecoglou, and he feels that on both a personal and a collective level there is more to come from him and Celtic next season.

“For sure, Ange is a guy that is amazing to work with,” he said.

“His philosophy of the game is the one that I am looking for in my career, the way he thinks about the game. I am just grateful to have a coach in my career that can develop me. That’s what I’m looking for.

“I don’t want to stop here. I think there are plenty more things to do to develop and work with.

“I know a place that I can achieve, but I am still far away from that. So I just have to keep on being grounded, to be humble and work hard.

“As a Celtic player, I think we always have to find the way to win as many titles as we can.

“I know sometimes it is not impossible because the competitions are tough, but we don’t give up.

“We are going to fight to do it.”

10. Jack Torrance Heeeeeere's Johnny! Gold Member

BUZZZZZZZZING!!

Rydo1888*, NomDePlum and Montero like this.
  11. trip2themoon Concomitant Allez-Vous?

Fav Celtic Player:
    Peter Grant
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the Old Brigade
    Phew, really didn't think it was ever gonna happen. Lol, we keep CCV and Jota and they keep McGregor and Davis yet the media report the latter like it was the best bit of football business ever.

Zanderama likes this.
  12. Avatar Daizen The Last Hunskelper Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Charlie Mulgrew
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The SAM Song
    Has he got a new squad number or do we need to punt Ajeti before we can announce it?

13. Montero Gold Member Gold Member

Still got 17 in this vid,

14. Zanderama

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Fav Celtic Song:
    ALL OF THEM!!!!
    Second only to wee Frimpongs interview.
    OH MY DAYS!!!

15. Zanderama

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Fav Celtic Song:
    ALL OF THEM!!!!
    Sorry @The Prof, was meant to quote this message

16. Montero Gold Member Gold Member

That smile man :35: haha.

* unreal we have got him on a 5 year deal aswell :57:

17. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

18. cidermaster Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    That Depeche Mode when we score!!
    Yes for nothing less than One Billion:84:

19. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

Add Kyogo and GG into the mix and those numbers are frightening for ~£19m in this day and age.

20. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member