1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Ange Postecoglou

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Mr. Slippyfist, May 29, 2021.

Discuss Ange Postecoglou in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Post that again without crying now…

2. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

:56:

All you delusional * get so defensive over Australian players. Its hilarious.

MacEwan and OziBeerMan like this.
  3. George Theodorou

Fav Celtic Player:
    tommy gemmell
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all are good
    What does Italy and Norway have to do with it ? I am not comparing Australia with those two countries. With that logic you seem to negate Australia, Japan, South Korea, Iran. USA and any other country that does not come from Europe, and I assume you would include South America and Britain.
    You seem to want a limited number of countries playing in the World Cup. Those two countries had less games to play to get to the WC. Australia were only able to play 4 games at home and the remaining WC qualifiers away from home because of Covid restrictions. They had a huge amount of qualifiers to get through to get to the WC.

FIFA sets those conditions, not Australia. Its called THE WORLD CUP. Sounds like you want some countries to not even be involved.

Yes, you are still a rude. Your argument is stupid.

4. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    :oops:

5. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

You're all over the place. Read your original post again and my reply is pretty obvious. If you can decipher your own nonsense, that is.

You were saying the "proof is in the pudding" regarding Australia playing at the WC - as if to say "well obviously Sainsbury and the others are all good if they reached the WC" - seemingly not understanding that some good teams miss out on the WC and some average/* teams qualify thanks to having easier qualifiers.

I seem to want a limited number of countries playing in the World Cup? I would love to see you explain how you came to that conclusion. More drivel.

Not bothered if I'm being rude. Reading your posts is brain damage material. I honestly can't tell if you're a troll or just genuinely thick as *.

AdamRS and Cena like this.
  6. George Theodorou

Fav Celtic Player:
    tommy gemmell
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all are good
    I am making suggestions based on what I am aware of, not pushing my own barrow.
    I would welcome others to suggest players who could capably fill this defensive role and be signed for a reasonable price within Celtic's accepted budget. We do not buy players with the class of a Beckenbauer.

7. George Theodorou

Fav Celtic Player:
    tommy gemmell
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all are good
    The gentleman has the right to his opinion and may be more informed than you. No need for sarcasm.

8. Maestro 08

Sainsbury is on £4.5k p/w in Belgium, if he's chasing the money he isn't very good at that either.

9. Maestro 08

Also if Rowles is the best CB to come out of Oz in years and Hearts were his best option then no wonder you're all saying this is possibly the worst Oz team in memory.

OziBeerMan likes this.
  10. George Theodorou

Fav Celtic Player:
    tommy gemmell
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all are good
    Proof is in the pudding - meaning they will have the opportunity to play well before a world wide audience if picked for games by the manager if they are chosen for the WC squad. Would you like me to draw some stick figures for you ?

You seem to be the only one on this thread who is constantly belligerent when reading posts by others. You need counselling. Very sad.

11. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Do you know how to?

I'm not spelling out your original post. Go read it again.

I'm "belligerent" when reading posts by some people, like yourself. Difficult not to be when faced with a stream of drivel. Like suggesting Ange rotates the goalkeepers every week. Or that Australia happen to have 4 or 5 centre backs better than Starfelt - despite our Australian manager spending millions on Starfelt, rather than picking up any of those Australians for peanuts.

So you trust Ange's judgement on McGree, but not the centre backs? Or were you just spouting any old pish to suit your argument at any given time? As I said, brain damage material.

12. Maestro 08

I think when you were weighing in on a debate regarding the standard of Australian defenders with the point that at least they would be playing at a WC.

It kind of implied to most reading it that you thought that would highlight how good Australian defenders were in comparison to defenders who weren't playing in the upcoming WC.

I think the obvious holes in your argument were blown wide open.

If that wasn't your intended argument then why bring it up in the debate?

Was it possibly just to have a dig at Scottish members on here because we missed out?

13. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

This

It's a nonsense argument to mask the fact that he's actually not that great and nobody in any bigger leagues wants him.

Maestro 08 likes this.
  14. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    No but we buy players above the level of Heart of Midlothian and Kortijk

If those were really the best we could do I'm sure ange would have snapped them up by now.

15. RalstonFanClubPresident

Fav Celtic Player:
    Antoni Ralstonovic
    I try to avoid painting myself as the Australian voice of reason, because it's a heavy burden to bear, but it's true guys, I am the Australian voice of reason. And as such, I can confirm that none of those defenders are currently better than Starfelt. To be fair I've not seen much of Souttar, who seems to be quite highly rated.

There are just a handful of Aussies capable of challenging for a place in this side IMO. Rogic, Mooy, Hrustic, Matty Ryan (I'm not sure whether he's better than Hart or not, but I think he'd compete with him) and probably McGree, based on Ange clearly rating him. Mabil and maybe even Boyle could be squad players I guess, but I doubt either would supplant Jota/Maeda/Abada (they're better than Mikey Johnston though!)

16. George Theodorou

Fav Celtic Player:
    tommy gemmell
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all are good
    Remember at the start of the season Starfelt had a sequence of shocking games and all on this forum were calling for his head. He was nervous and anxious but Ange persevered with him until he developed a good understanding with Hart and CCV. His role is strictly defined and he got better at it going into the second part of the season.

Ange had to persevere with him because he chose him, the club paid 4 mill for him, and there was no one better at the time to take his place in that position. For that money Ange was going to make sure Starfelt played the way he wanted him to play because Welsh was not ready to play there, the way the boss wanted the role to be played.

We need someone this season to sign at CB equal or better than Starfelt at present.

Lewis Kerr likes this.
  17. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    See, every Celtic fan on this forum agrees with this part, we DO need someone to properly challenge Starfelt.

The issue is Yourself and Mr Cleansheets suggested a bunch of Aussie defenders, none of which are better than Starfelt, then went off on a tangent that the Aussie CB Hearts signed was as good as Starfelt?

I used to rate Sansbury, but we can do much, much better than him now.

OziBeerMan, craigtheceltic and VT8 like this.
  18. AdamRS Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just can’t get enough Depeche mode
    Thank * Ange is greek :87:

19. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Amazing how all these Australian CB’s are somehow going unnoticed by Ange and every decent team in Europe….

20. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    :ange2:

AdamRS likes this.