1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Transfer window summer 22

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by jake10, Jun 1, 2022.

Discuss Transfer window summer 22 in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Celtic are set to step up their recruitment drive this week with Alexandro Bernabei set to be the first through the door. And Josip Juranovic's camp have made it clear the right-back is happy at Parkhead, despite reported interest from Atletico Madrid.

Bernabei arrived in Glasgow to finalise his move late last week and will battle it out with Greg Taylor for starting spot. He's expected to pen a five-year deal as he arrives from Lanus.

Celtic have already signed Cameron Carter-Vickers on a permanent basis and a similar agreement is expected as far as Jota is concerned imminently. An agreement with Benfica has been reached over a £6.4m move after the Portuguese star made himself a hero in their charge to the Premiership title last season and it's only a matter of time before an announcement is made.

The champions are also looking to add to their striking options and are well down the line with a couple of options. Brazilian midfielder Vinicius Souza, who has been on loan at Lommel, is another who the Hoops have looked at.

Celtic are looking to strengthen to defend their title crown and for a tilt at the Champions League group stages. The main focus remains strengthening rather than selling.

Meanwhile Croatian international Juranovic has been linked with several English Premier League clubs and Atletico Madrid were thrown into the mix.

The Spanish giants are looking for a right-back but their top target is Udinese’s Nahuel Molina. They face tough competition from the likes of Juventus and they might need to look further down their list.

Juranvovic’s camp has also made it clear that he is happy at Celtic and still has a long-term contract. The Celtic squad will see their numbers boosted by the return of the international stars before next week's pre-season trip to Austria and Czech Republic.

2. Damnati

I think the point was that he never seems to break anything new. Just amalgamates existing rumours. Usually hear of links here first before he posts anything.

3. Keano88

Surely be a lot of updates tomorrow.

Expecting Bernabei announced and probably Jota too as he should be due back for pre season.

Hopefully we’ll learn more about this striker we’re ‘down the line’ with.

And find out when Vini Souza is coming up to have a look at the place.

Blochairnbhoy likes this.
  4. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    He originally broke the story that Ben Davies was signing a ore contract. Guys never lived it down lol. I think he might have broke the Ajeti story.

Damnati likes this.
  5. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    They both turned out brilliant didn’t they :31:

6. Foley1888

I am wondering if Bernabei and Jota are being held to the next financial year. Deals essentially done but officially going through on the 1st of July?

This would be from a financial management point of view and we know what our board are like. If the deals go through before Friday then it would go through as 21/22 season accounts where we have no CL revenue where as if it was after the 30th of June then it’s in next years accounts.

7. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Said the same last week that’s my hunch too

8. Dannybhoy81

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul mcstay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The celtic symphony
    What would the benefit be of this though? If we are close to breakeven for this financial year we could carry the loss over for the next tax year. Assuming this is a tax reduction move

9. bhoy_wonder Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    JCGE
    (Not financial)I know one benefit for the Bernabei would be that his two match suspension would be up.

But for some reason I'm thinking that we are holding out for a triple announcement.

10. Dannybhoy81

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul mcstay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The celtic symphony
    Aye the Bernabei one makes sense, especially since Lanus play on Thursday

11. Foley1888

After posting a loss in the 20/21 season I wouldn’t be surprised if the Board don’t want another one.

If we were run as a football club the tax advantage would be taken in to account no doubt but given our biggest shareholders are Desmond and investment firms they will want their Dividends and share price lift from a good set of accounts.

We signed CCV for a decent outlay already which will be in the 21/22 accounts to go with all the other players we signed. I suspect the higher than anticipated revenue statement is not just down to winning the league and Full capacity stadiums mentioned but also that add ons for certain players sold last summer have been realised which would boost our income. If that hadn’t been the case then maybe we would still be waiting on CCV signing too.

Dannybhoy81 likes this.
  12. Keano88

Expected a fair bit of movement today but yeah seems like we might be waiting until Friday then.

Maybe the treble signing announcement was always meant to be this Friday instead of Friday past :fear:

13. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    He's a Tim. Probably a nice enough guy but he's * useless when it comes to our dealings..

It's already been proven. He's * clueless and I've yet to see him come with a single exclusive :giggle1:

14. celtic warrior

Got to remind myself it's not long been officially opened...we started off strong with getting CCV back, then making a very smart deal in Siegrist.

Just need Argentine lad and Jota to get announced...then maybe we might start seeing a bit more movement as I don't think, aside from releases we've even seen that much movement in players leaving for transfers be it loans or for permanent fees

15. Sgt Neppers*

Starting to think this Friday also. Means Bernabei has served his 2 game ban, Jota's loan deal officially ends Thursday 23:59. All done ahead of the flight to Austria. Can imagine all Jota kits shoot have been done already as have Bernabei.

Leaves Ange, Mike and whoever else to sweet talk Souza this week. A triple Friday bonanza :48::48::48:

Keano88 likes this.
  16. Lewis Kerr

Friday definitely makes the most sense. But if nothing happens then I'll start to worry. Gonna be an agonising wait regardless

Sgt Neppers* likes this.
  17. martin_d

Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley Song
    I’ve yet to see him make any really outlandish claims or total stabs in the dark though tbh. If anything, he plays it safe. Maybe explains lack of exclusives.

18. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

We’ve been saying Friday for the past 2 Fridays

19. The Thumb

Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song
    As a "journalist", it's sort of your job to actually secure previously unreported information.. instead of parroting what everyone is already saying.

McChiellini.. likes this.
  20. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Saved me the bother :50: