1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Is this the most exciting transfer window for celtic

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by jambo_cfc, Jun 25, 2022.

Discuss Is this the most exciting transfer window for celtic in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. jambo_cfc

We have had some stinkers over the years and granted some decent ones but for me this seems the most exciting transfer window. Last year there was a lot of movement but i think with fans it was more anxiousness than excitement, Years gone by its looked like quantity over quality but now we seem well tuned in what we are doing ! Granted signings could flop or second season syndrome could hit us but credit to ange and nicholson so far ! Exciting times ahead

2. buchanbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    jimmy johnstone
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie malley song
    It certainly has the potential to be a great transfer window, a good start and hopefully the momentum continues.

3. oh bhoy

the players signed last season has raised the expectations for this window big time ,coupled with the fact there is less positions to fill with a * of a lot more money from the champions league would lead you to believe we should be looking at some top notch arrivals .im gonna pump the brakes on the excitment until it becomes a reality. it wouldnt surprise me to see the board pocket that money and do the bare minimum

4. The Phoenix Black Lives Matter

Fav Celtic Song:
    Lawwell get to fuck
    Let's wait until the window is shut.

We're still some way off where we need to be.

Lewis Kerr likes this.
  5. Charlielarsson

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    You just never know with celtic if there ever was a time to push boat out this is it show real Ambition get sousa or someone like him and any other player manager wants invest in quality players as we have cl money etc.

6. Scotzbhoy

Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    This is certainly the first time in a long time where I really feel like we've got a manager who's actually completely in charge of who we're targeting, and a board who will actually back him.

NakamuraTastic likes this.
  7. hiphopaddict

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paulo Di Canio
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Loansome Boatman

Im no sure the James McCarthy transfer was sanctioned by Ange. But apart from that I get what you are saying.

8. Lewis Kerr

Still need

CB
    DM
    RW
    ST

Mmaee looks a great option who could potentially play both on the wing and up front so I'd love him.

9. Charlielarsson

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    I think we will get a striker/winger who can play anywhere across front 3 can't trust mj or forrest

10. TheHappyLoss

It’s certainly better than the one we got Willo Flood

ladbroke8 likes this.
  11. richie87 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jonny Doyle
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    It could be a real turning point in how we do business and hopefully give us a team that will at least hold their own in Europe

12. JamesM09

I was tempted to make a thread similar to this.

It’s one of the most enjoyable Celtic summers I’ve had in a long time.

We’re Champions. There’s no qualifiers and therefore no pressure or uncertainty around Europe. There’s money in the bank from last years sales and UCL money and it’s being spent.

No players desperate to leave, players coming in, staff coming in. The manager isn’t looking for the door either, he’s loving the experience here.

I was up at Celtic park buying the kit today and there’s just such a positive buzz right now. I think having no qualifiers is massive. Long may it continue.

Rydo1888* likes this.