1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Tifo Fund

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Henrik 07, Jun 8, 2022.

Discuss Tifo Fund in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Mr. Slippyfist

I take it you donate your wages to charity after you pay your bills aye?

2. Lupis Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    No, I usually buy things for the local food bank. I really don't see what that has to do with thinking spending £20k on something like a tifo is a waste of money though. I'm guessing you think it's value for money, which is fair enough, I'm not denying that they are impressive, the amount they cost came as a huge surprise to me though and now, personally, I don't think they are worth that. But it's all about opinions, ours differ on this, it happens.

3. leeso-ardoyne

Lupis, without getting into a slegging match or argument with you. Of course 20k could be spent better but it's one of these, there'll always be times people are struggling to pay the bills or feed the family. That's life! I've been in some bad skint times myself along with some amazing times and I dare say I'll probably experience both again at some point. That's just part of life but still I can't get into your thinking process about coming of with this. You remind me of the man that standing of the bank of the river watching a man who has just learnt to walk on water. Your the fella shouting " aye it's because you can't swim ya * yee"

Just let the GB get on with raising money for this spectical without any negative *. It'll be an amazing show and worth every penny!

4. Moore Brendan Rodgers OUT Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    JCGE + Grace + YNWA
    The GB go above and beyond with their charity work, must be in the top 5 support groups on the planet for it..

This was a crowd fund for a TIFO! Everyone donated for that Very reason. See no problem with this at all.

I also think that a lot of people who donated would not have donated towards a charity for the cost of living, as they are all going through the same *. A little towards a TIFO for Celtic who keep us all going through these dark times!

5. Mr. Slippyfist

It has absolutely nothing to do with it.

I personally don't care if it's "value for money" other than the donation of a couple of pounds it has * all to do with me what people have went out of their way to organise and folk have went out of their way to donate THEIR money in the way that THEY decide to do with THEIR money.

So, despite me not have any personal gripe with your comment, and with the greatest of respect...* up.

6. Lupis Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    As I have already said, a couple of times, the reason I came out with this is because the amount they cost came as a huge surprise to me. I posted my opinion on it, I even said I suspected I'd be in the minority if not alone in that view. But there you go, it's still my opionion that they aren't worth that kind of outlay, and the money be better utilised elsewhere, but I can respect that others have a different outlook on it.

leeso-ardoyne likes this.
  7. Mr. Slippyfist

Away and moan in the Bernabai thread too about Celtic spending £3.4m on one guy to come in and kick a ball about.

Surely there's better ways to spend that kind of money other than that?

8. leeso-ardoyne

Ya gotta love this place at times :rofl::rofl::rofl:

9. Lupis Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    I don't think I shall, thanks all the same.

10. Northerner Ave Maria

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    I don't know why you think it is the job of crowdfunding Celtic fans to alleviate poverty and world hunger.

20k wouldn't touch the sides in dealing with those sorts of issues.

Beyond that, they're not ours to deal with. Take it up with the government.

11. Lupis Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    It may be a dfficult concept to grasp, but saying the money could be spent better, is not the same as saying "it is the job of crowdfunding Celtic fans to alleviate poverty and world hunger."

12. Northerner Ave Maria

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    It's not hard to read between the lines of what you're getting at. There are bad things in the world that money can help with. Spending money on anything but those things that help improve those bad things is a waste of money.

Remember that when your mates ask you to go for a pint, your child wants to go the cinema, or you need a new TV.

thailandceltic likes this.
  13. Twisty Rodgers out !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Wonder how much was made off the back of that Barca display. The GB do a lot of great work for charity but they also do a lot of great stuff for this club and no doubt this display will be another to add to that list.

I can see where you're coming from but these types of things are part of the bigger picture. They have built up a lot of trust with the greater support which allows them to fundraise through the club to raise substantial sums for various charities.

Moore likes this.
  14. LTPS

Fav Celtic Player:
    Bobby Lennox
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sign
    See the 1000’s I spend following Celtic
    Should I give up on Celtic and use that money for a cause
    Yes it’s an obscene amount of money but ffs Celtic waste 100 times that amount every season and I don’t hear you mentioning that

15. Mr. Slippyfist

Very well, Sir.

BTW I actually DO get your sentiment, but it's falling on deaf ears simply for the reason that people have donate THEIR money for a purpose that THEY have chosen.

It's the same as the almost £20k that's been raised for the family of a woman I know who has passed away at the Celtic supporters Las Vegas convention. Assuming some folk might think it better to spend that toward folk in hardship is really irrelevant, as folk have given THEIR money to a purpose THEY deem relevant.

16. Lupis Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    I had actually already mentioned that myself in a previous post:

17. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

£21,967 raised of £25,000 goal

18. rudebhoy67 Gold Member Gold Member

Why the * are we on at 430 on the Sunday and they * kick off the season on the Saturday?

Surely we should be the season opener. More bullshit from from sky again?

19. Dannybhoy81

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul mcstay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The celtic symphony
    I'm sure that lot got to open the season last year after winning the league, they had a 1.30pm kick off on the Saturday we were 8pm

rudebhoy67 likes this.
  20. rudebhoy67 Gold Member Gold Member

Your right there. Champions should be the season opener then everyone else after. Sky and spfl are a shower of *.

scuzzy and Dannybhoy81 like this.