1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Josip Juranovic

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by GavCFC1, Aug 21, 2021.

Discuss Josip Juranovic in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Lewis Kerr

If we want to compete at a higher level we need players like Juranovic in our team. His pace, intelligence and technique is the standard we need for Europe.

Doesn't seem the type to push a move but it won't surprise me if he leaves either, depending on who is interested in him. If a top 6 EPL side comes in for him he's gone.

Fans need to remember than Tierney left us to go to a * Arsenal side who have done nothing since he got there. It's * painful but it shouldn't shock anyone that players like Juranovic may follow suit.

2. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Nothing to worry about.

3. Smithy

Really hope this is bullshit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    I agree but apparently Barkas was or is on something like that. And I don't think Greek sides historically pay big bucks other than Olympiacos.

So wouldn't surprise me. I'd say he's breaking double figures. But aye it wouldn't surprise me if he's looking for better terms.

As he does seem so content here and with UCL coming up it would be wild.

5. DJ CJ

Fav Celtic Player:
    Wanyama
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Romano isn’t the reliable source he’s made out to be, most of what he says is obvious. I’m sure we have lots of clubs interested in lots of our players, doesn’t mean that they’ll actually bid for them.

stew37 likes this.
  6. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Don't mind players leaving.

But after 1 year unless it's a mad offer, it's a bit if a pain. Unless he's proper proper unhappy.

Even Dembele and the likes we knew he'd use us as a stepping stone but still got 2 years at least.

Liam Scales likes this.
  7. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    I wouldn't blame if he was on say 10 grand a week and was looking for more. He's an established, important first team player here and should be in line towards double that at the very least..

Be gutted if he went. Rate him highly..

His experience
    His quality on the ball
    His ability to play out of pressure and go by his man/men
    His recovery pace and speed in general
    His first touch
    His composure/with penalties
    His personality on and off the pitch

One we can't afford to let go at this point..

craigtheceltic and Lewis Kerr like this.
  8. Avatar Daizen The Last Hunskelper Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Charlie Mulgrew
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The SAM Song
    Talk of 15-20m can get to *. * like Frimpong and Patterson are going for 10-15m based on potential, Juranovic is the type of player they aspire to be if they realise that potential.

Bidding shouldn't start anywhere below 30m. We hold all the aces here clubs can either stump up or get to *.

9. Celtic_Daft1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    I mean, he’s about the best there is. He gets things wrong, obviously but if there was one guy we did not want to post about Juranovic leaving, it’s him.

Moore likes this.
  10. jambo_cfc

For me just now if we got 17-20m for juranovic who has been great for clubs and country past 2 seasons its a good amount, think if he stays this season has a good champions league and a good world cup then we could be talking silly money for him.

11. Lewis Kerr

True.

Its a massive pain in the *. I feel like we especially are always a few good players away from a cracking team. We always seem to sell someone pivotal which prevents us from really kicking on. If we sold Juranovic this summer, it'd be another perfect example of that. Hate to bring it up but the huns have (willingly or unwillingly) managed to keep a stable squad for years, and, despite them not being world beaters, managed to get to a European final. I think that stability helped them.

12. AdamRS Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just can’t get enough Depeche mode
    Only thing that worries me is we sold Frimpong so soon into his Celtic career, slightly different circumstances with there being a different Chief Exec and manager but Ange did say he wouldn’t stand infront of a player

13. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Ramsay went for £7m and potentially 10m in add ons and he's 18 and finished the season 9th in the table.
    £15m is a non starter.

Fans also need to remember what it will take for us to replace these guys. Just as we get an established international and European level full back in, he may be offski.

Getting him in for £2.5m was a minor miracle in this era of football. Said it at the time.

We will do well to get a similar deal.

14. FrankMcCallum Gold Member Gold Member

I’ve got to the point where if players want away, we need to be looking to sell to the highest bidder.

We’ve all seen what keeping unhappy players does to the team. One of the main reasons for our success last year was unity and the fact everyone was in it together.

We need to establish where his head is at when he returns from pre season.

craigtheceltic, Slaw, Damnati and 3 others like this.
  15. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace

Aye Juranovic is 26, will be 27 in August. Must have been a late bloomer

16. Celtic_Daft1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    It’s all well and good what we value players at. The club look at it from a purely financial point of view which worries me. £15m is £12.5m profit on a player less than a year into his Celtic career. They’ll do business at that. Would be the 3rd highest outright fee we have ever received after Tierney (£25m) and Dembele (£20m)

17. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Having a valuation for a player is also the same as looking at it from a financial perspective though?

Selling Croatias no1 RB (and LB!) For £12.5m with 4 years left on his deal in the year 2022 would be * madness.

A 19 year old Hun with less than 10 SPL starts to his name went for more.

We will definitely have a valuation. And it will definitely be way more than £15m. Even if we do have a realistic one we should be asking above that and working down. That's how we should work.

craigtheceltic, RabS, Keano88 and 2 others like this.
  18. Dublin Celt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Barry Coffey
    If he wants to stay, great, should be the time to be looking at extending his contract with the world cup and cl exposure around the corner.

If he wants to go I'd be fairly relaxed about it, 22m+ with a sell on and he can go. Id trust Ange to replace him for a fraction of that. The club likes a big outgoing every window and this guy for me is the signing we have at the club with the biggest upside in terms of getting in cash.

Sent from my GM1903 using Tapatalk

19. Jeffrey

Im not all that fussed if he goes in a timely manner. He wasn’t THAT important for us last season and was injured a fair bit. I was expecting this would be the year he would kick on, but if it’s not to be hey ho.

As long as it’s decided quickly and we can get a replacement, it’s not a great concern to me.

NomDePlum likes this.
  20. Celtic_Daft1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    But he didn’t though? He went for a fee up to £15m. Loads of different clauses in that deal. It’s a potential £15m. We would be getting £15m up front plus we would obviously shove in some clauses, like we always do.

For what it’s worth, I believe we should be asking for £20m but I think the club will do business a lot cheaper than that, which is why I’d take £15m, with clauses.