1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Moussa Dembele

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Sean Daleer, Jun 28, 2016.

Discuss Moussa Dembele in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. FrankMcCallum Gold Member Gold Member

That’s just not true.

Dedryck Boyata refused to play against AEK Athens.

Moussa Dembele came off the bench on that night we got dumped out.

2. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Couldn't give a *, love his Celtic posts and defo has a bond but just make us money.

3. dmccourt95

A rumour done the rounds right after Rodgers * off to Leicester that he was offered China and tried to talk dembele into going with him but the board basically convinced him to stay by grassing him up to his wife as he’d no told her.

The truth will be that dembele signed on the promise of being developed and leaving within 3 years, Rodgers as he always does promised alot and then backtracked when it came to the punch and dembele wasn’t happy about it

JamesM09 likes this.
  4. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

Our support has a horrific habit of holding weird grudges on players that left in pretty normal circumstances.

Mr Shelby, neilly1987 and Liam Scales like this.
  5. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    I’ve always found it weird that we do that with a lot of players but don’t do it overmuch with Moussa. He left us in a very disrespectful manner.

if you look at the bitterness towards Hooper and Edouard both gave us more years and more respect than Moussa did. Or Van Dijk for that matter, he refused to play a game for us once, he also went on after that game and was a stand out but it’s a weird mindset for me.

i want every player that moved for a fee to be unreal, not just because a lot of the time we have a sell on fee, but because the better they do the more money we can demand.

There was a reason Van Dijk went for £12.5m and Tierney £25m. It’s because Van Dijk’s next fee was £75m. Because as great as KT is, nobody has had the potential of Van Dijk. And if he was here right now, we could demand £40m plus and expect to get it. Back then, it didn’t seem possible. And that’s down to him and others that have performed.

6. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Dembele said it himself, might have been bitterness towards Rodgers because he did tell him two seasons then I’ll accept a move for you, and went back on it until Dembele forced it to Lyon the last day of the window.

I tend to believe him though, because it seems like a Rodgers thing to do.

Rydo1888* and scuzzy like this.
  7. Ciaran_67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jan Venegoor of Hessilink
    This seems true in most parts but Dembele seems to get away with it big style though.

8. celtic warrior

I think we did originally, then as Rodgers character came into question, fans began to understand more and started to believe Dembele

9. PaddyJamieson

History has favoured Moussa because of what Rodgers then did. By all accounts Moussa thinks Rodgers lied to him, and most of the support are happy to believe him. I certainly am. This doesn't change the fact that how he left us was poorly handled, but I blame more than just Moussa for that.

TheHappyLoss likes this.
  10. TheHappyLoss

Don’t think Moussa handled it very well but that rat * took the bad look off it. Guy genuinely seems to have strong affection for Celtic.

11. Ciaran_67

Fav Celtic Player:
    I don’t understand what special promise Dembele was given compared to the other 99% of our young talent?

12. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    He was told we’d let him leave and not stand in his way for a move after two seasons. Then we reneged on it.

Done the same to Ajer and Eddy as well btw, doing it with the former was a reason we lost Hjelde to Leeds as well.

13. belbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie maley...the shebeen version
    * it, just bring him home:celt_2:

14. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

“Get away” with what exactly?

15. Ciaran_67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Gets away with criticism about the manner in which he left the club

16. Ciaran_67

Fav Celtic Player:
    To what extent is this scenario the full truth though I.e. what do we know?

Irregardless, that sentiment is the same for every single player that comes through the doors at Celtic Park apart from very rare examples like Rogic. I’m not sure what makes Dembele so different in that regard or what special promises are made.

What is different though is that players like Edouard and Ajer didn’t cause the same dramatisation when they left the club. Particular scrutiny on the former’s mentality compared to Dembele is what I think is unfair.

17. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    As do I, neither done what Dembele done and treated us with a lot more respect. The thing I care more about though is we appear to be going back on promises made to highly promising young players, that sort of reputation can be dangerous

18. Celtic_Daft1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    For what it's worth, Ange makes me care less about the players who have left. Like, I actively want Middlesbrough to get relegated so that * Riley McGree never sees the premiership in his life. * dare he turn down Ange. Whereas, I wish Eddy, Ajer and Christie all the best.

*, the good feeling round the club right now has even let me forget about Rodgers and Tierney, who were my two biggest let downs. Tierney especially. I've now went from wanting Rodgers to lose every game to hoping he does enough to keep his job or get a better one. Tierney, I hope he gets fit and moves onto a bigger and better club than Arsenal. Had he not been injury prone, I think a City/Man Utd/Real/Barca bidding war would be taking place. He's one of the best left backs in that league, he's just so injury prone.

On Moussa, left us in a * way but seems to always comment on the club. Shouldn't get a free pass but hiy, the way I'm feeling about this club? Everyone gets a bit of love nowadays.

greengrocer and Jeannie960 like this.
  19. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

20. neilly1987 Do I look happy? Do I look settled? Gold Member

It's bizarre, expecting players from France,Norway etc to have had Celtic posters and bedsheets growing up and to want to come here and never leave.

MacEwan likes this.