1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Celtic Podcasts.....

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by packybhoy, May 6, 2021.

Discuss Celtic Podcasts..... in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. bones58

Quite enjoying the Bhoycie Bus podcast. Anyone know why he had a fall out with ACSOM? He keeps putting digs into them.

2. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    @Mr. Slippyfist watching the one from after the game.

Is that @Peej on it there, cos I’m outraged about asking if we need a better passer of the ball as a keeper:56:

But keep it up lads, between you guys and Hail Hail 67 for my favourite. And they’re just in the conversation because they get ex players showing up, fair * to them for getting stuff like that cos if I was an ex-player for us, I’d be saying * off man I’m no going on YouTube a get a wage doing this off Premier Sports :56:

Peej likes this.
  3. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

Is the podcast made up of guys off here? Haven’t watched it before. I enjoy 67HH, think they’re the best for Celtic content at the minute. Watch a bit of Ryan118 as well the odd time.

4. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Aye the one that looks like a fat neddy Messi is oor @Mr. Slippyfist mate :56:

@Peej does it as well but I always forget what one he is, there’s two of them I just assume is him :56:

Peej and Slaw like this.
  5. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

Surprised how level headed he seems :43::giggle1:

6. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just waiting for him broadcasting when he thinks the cameras off.

Be like Keys and Gray all over again.

but more *

Slaw likes this.
  7. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Listening to the one your talking about the quickest player, and talking about the Lions and Bobby Lennox. See watching it back, they look slow compared to modern players.

They would have been lightning with modern pitches and modern training definitely, but I don’t think it can be compared. Bobby was rapid in mudpits, who * knows about todays standards.

Looking back at Agathe though, its defo him. Ridiculous

8. Mr. Slippyfist

Must have been sober in that one :39:

9. bkk bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hard to choose ... different players for different era's
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    message to all pod casters - pls stop asking for likes , subscribes like we are all morons. We know where to click if we want but most of us don't. We get it - it helps you, but it also means signing in and having our data swept up. How much does it help you ? Not one of the shows has published their statistics. how does a subscriber watching a few minutes of your content mean more or earn more than someone who doesn't subscribe and watches the entire show?

show me a monetary reason or algorithm / any other reason why i should be a subscriber. I look most days at Acsom, Ryan, Hail Hail and a few match vlogs. Don't subscribe to any and if the content is interesting enough i will seek them out.

Kudos to all of you for the content and output - hope you all succeed in your channels. But the constant appeal to subscribe to your channel puts me right off doing so.

really enjoy most of the content and instead of asking for new subscribers why not ask why your current ones dont watch all of your content !

10. Mr. Slippyfist

Ok, so let's get this straight:

You know "likes" and "subcscribes" helps podcasters, but you get * off when they ask for that type of assistance?

So basically you're "beef" is podcasters and fan media "asking" for subscriptions" all the while as you enjoy free content on youtube(etc)?? So, do you expect thesr platforms are and guys to simply dedicate their free time and efforts to doing what they can for your entertainment whilst being unafforded the privilege of making a 2-5 second request of ASKING to subscribe to their channel, which regardless of your bizarre request for analytics, doeesn't come for free - although your viewing on youtube does.

Do you NEED to subscribe? No you don't. Does it help the page to subscribe? Yes it does. Or are you the type of * who demands folk take time out of their lives to create content, but balks at the 2-3 seconds it takes to pleasantly ASK for a subscription? Sounds it, actually sounds like you're the type of person whoexpects people to perform like dancing monkey's for you're own leisure, yet is held aghast as folk ASK for subs and likes. AS if we OWE you something?

If you don't like it, don't sub. Otherwise, * up and don't watch the FREE content that folk put out.

Simple.

Easter Rd Davie, Slaw and Liam Scales like this.
  11. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    You'd be amazed how much likes, subscribing and following etc actually does help within the algorithms of YouTube.
    Further afield on twitter, and other social medias, they all work the same and exposure is garnered by more interactions a piece of content gets.

It's not about the money though.

You can find acsom, 67hh, 20mt etc white easily on YouTube, because these guys have thousands, tens of thousands of subscribers to their channels. Subscribing to a channel will tend to then bring that channel to the foreground of your YouTube feed. Again, more people who do that, the more the algorithm assumes your content is actually worthy of being pushed out there on YouTubes searched and the likes.

Talking of likes, the more of those, specially in quick succession, again pushes that content up there. Same goes for comments and interactions - hence podcasters and content creators will try to engage with any live and active chat.

YouTube takes on board the speed and intensity of interactions to determine how popular and likely other like minded viewers are to enjoy your content.

So if our podcast has 100 likes and 500 comments by folk who predominantly subscribe to sports podcasts, our channel is likely to show up on "suggested for you" sections of people who may not already know about us.

It really does help.

Think of this like Netflix. Once you've finished watching a film, they then suggest another few films you may enjoy. It does that by firstly finding something connected to the film you've just watched, but also by what you've previously enjoyed in the past.

As a small time podcast, we rely on things like that to help our podcast grow.

I'll not bore you too much with the actual numbers from our channel, but we really can see when we have busy days and when we can expect little bursts of subscribers due to things like active comments, likes, times of days, etc etc.

Of course, this does all rely on users being logged in to an account. For us, it means more numbers and data pushing our content out there. For you it means you'll be notified or our content will be in your feed more actively. Just in case you miss it one week.

Of course, it's your prerogative not to sign up to a site and not to partake in such small actions.
    But we are still going to remind folk and ask for the likes and subs. Because end of the day, we expect new viewers every single time we go live and people are human, they can sometimes forget to do that and a gentle reminder doesn't hurt anyone.
    Well, apart from yourself it seems.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

Last edited: May 13, 2022
    Kenny_Powers and Liam Scales like this.
  12. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    There’s a reason every YouTube channel brings up reminders to like and subscribe. It works.

* I listen to @Peej and @Mr. Slippyfist’s podcast all the time and was actively searching for it and forgot I hadn’t subscribed to it for a good while.

Peej likes this.
  13. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Clearly we don't say it enough then :56:

Talking of which, think we are gonna go live s bit later after the game tomorrow.

If only for the fact I'm working and missing the game.
    Normally would miss it and let the guys batter on, but it's end of season. Be good to get us all on it if we can.

So remember, subscribe, like and click that bell notification

Liam Scales likes this.
  14. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    I’m * terrible for it mate, the amount of YouTube channels I rediscover years later is mental :56:

Keep it up though lads, it’s legitimately great.

Peej likes this.
  15. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    I've found myself typing random * in to the search bar trying to recall some daft * I've watched 15 years ago.

I get folk don't always want to be forever logging in to *, but I'd be lost without it sometimes.

Liam Scales likes this.
  16. Wllm Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Really digging 67 Hail Hail and 20 Minute Tims.

AdamRS likes this.
  17. Guchi Gucci Gold Member Gold Member

Is there a Celtic Blogs thread...couldn't see one

18. Breathnach67

Fav Celtic Song:
    The White and The Green
    Listened to the 5 year anniversary ACSOM podcast. Was very enjoyable until they got to the John Barnes part. Kevin Graham and Dykes both completely misunderstanding the difference between racism and discrimination after Barnes had very eloquently explained the difference in the interview. Disappointing and quite offensive actually.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19. AdamRS Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just can’t get enough Depeche mode
    No sure if this is the right place for this, should be a good watch..

20. KevvyBhoy

Listen to whatever going as usually fire something in when out for a wander. Analytics one is probably my favourite as definitely different although also like the Down Under podcast. Also listen to ACSOM and can see they're taking it to another level but feel it's a bit repetitive at times anaw.

Was gutted to hear that the Fitba podcast won't be continuing for the new season. Not a pure Celtic one (hosts are Celtic/Hearts) but decent craic with the hosts, enjoyed the whole league run downs they gave and podcast of choice for Sunday evening stroll.

KRS-1888 likes this.