1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Stadium Re-Development....A Good Idea? or Not?

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by hiphopaddict, Dec 5, 2017.

Discuss Stadium Re-Development....A Good Idea? or Not? in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    Think that’s where the massive stadiums they have at the moment came from - Italia 90. A lot of them are rented from the Government if I remember right.

JC Anton and Valhalla like this.
  2. Avatar Daizen The Last Hunskelper Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Charlie Mulgrew
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The SAM Song
    Maybe we're waiting to find out if UK & Ireland get the 2028 Euros before we get the stadium done up with a bit of that good old fashioned state aid. :34:

Liam Scales likes this.
  3. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Smart.

Every generation just host a tournament and fill the league with new stadiums :giggle1:

Liam Scales likes this.
  4. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Good to know what the Huns have been up to. :50:

5. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Tbf if Britain gets euros it’s hampden that will be getting the money we could get a bonus for the training ground though as no doubt that will be used as a base for a national side

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. celtic warrior

Could Celtic look to by any of the land around the stadium and try and develop around it?

I've no idea how it works tbh but I don't the see the stadium itself getting anything done to it, but if work can be done around it and develop around it?

7. Mr. Slippyfist

I think they’ve pretty much got more than enough land than they need to do bits and bobs.

celtic warrior likes this.
  8. Lupis Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Not exactly on topic, but in a similar vein has anything started with regards the redevelopment of Barrowfield yet? It seems like ages since there was anything mentioned about that officially.

9. G40B

The club has had plans approved by the council for the build of a facility there - it includes a gym, changing rooms, and offices. Nothing big.

I don’t think works have started. Perhaps delayed as the project cost has likely rocketed since initial plans.

10. Lupis Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    There were plans for a full sized indoor pitch and grandstand as well.

11. G40B

Plans for that were submitted just before Covid, but they’ve also been approved.

12. Lupis Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    I know this, I'm asking if anyone knows if work has actually started with building them yet.

13. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

Their is plenty of improvements that can be made to CP but a rise in capacity certainly isn’t one. Only Rangers and a big European group game or knock out game would see it being used. The rest of the games tickets aren’t exactly hard to come by and a lot aren’t sold out.

14. G40B

No, there’s no work ongoing. The indoor pitch seems dead in the water.

15. Lupis Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    You've gone from saying you don't think work has started to declaring there's no work ongoing in the space of a few minutes. I think I'll hold on for someone that lives in the area to chip in on this.

16. The Phoenix Black Lives Matter

Fav Celtic Song:
    Lawwell get to fuck
    I thought he owned most of the land around the stadium already?

celtic warrior likes this.
  17. celtic warrior

Tbh I have no idea...this type of stuff is way out of my understanding.

I was just spitballing that as its unlikely the stadium would be touched...might be nice to have more done around it.

Develop up around it and try and create a little financial ecosystem full of different things for people to see and do which would then benefit club finances

18. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    I'd be alright with it not being filled all the time.
    Some of the extra seats would go to season ticket waiting list and some to walk up punters.

*, you could just sell all the current seats as ST and have only the new top half of the main stand as one off tickets.

It will always be behind the cameras, so marketing wise wouldn't make a difference to a viewer outwith the stadium.
    Inside, may look a tad empty at times, but everyone will understand and know why.

Not sure how attendances are viewed across the rest of Europe, but it does feel like it's only ourselves or the rUk that have a weird hard-on for winning an attendance league, or a "my stadium looks more full than yours" trophy.

Plenty stadiums across the continent, the world, are seldom full to capacity every week anyway.

It gives us that opportunity to fill it, takes the burden off the waiting list (which is always there unless the clubs on a major major negative).

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

19. G40B

No, I’ve said that the indoor training pitch - which I intentionally never initially mentioned - is dead in the water.

The lesser, and more recently, proposed facility features elements shown in plans for the large indoor training zone build, so it would be utterly pointless (and probably impossible) to build both.

Because it is the most recently proposed, and most cost effective, I assume it is now the priority.

Having now checked the database, no - neither works are ongoing, as no contractor has been appointed.

20. Lupis Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    No, you said no work is ongoing then mentioned the training pitch. But this is pointless, as I said I'll wait until someone that actually knows what is happening chimes in.