1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Vinicius Souza

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by GavCFC1, Jun 10, 2022.

Discuss Vinicius Souza in the Transfer Rumours area at TalkCeltic.net.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PaddyJamieson

Souza
    Jeahze
    CCV
    Jota
    Fani
    Mmaee

Thank you very much from next year's CL winners.

2. Skelleto

Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the old brigade
    This would be a amazing signing. Please yes!

3. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    He looks ridiculous defensively. His stats back that up. A man mountain..

Looks good on the ball as well. The kinda 6 that would be perfect for Europe and the huns when we need a bit more bite and physicality in there..

Only slight concern was how effective he would be in our run of the mill game's where we're attacking all the time and barely need a holding midfielder. Would he add much to us?

4. Belgian_lad

He defo has vista, rarely loses the ball. So when teams are pressing high, he would be a defo help for our defense and GK in playing out.

5. celtic warrior

If he has a better passing range and is more forward thinking then likes of Brown...absolutely. he could break up the odd attacks we deal with in those games and hopefully be key to turning over possession and starting a quick counter.

It also allows a guy like McGregor to be more involved further up field and start chipping in with goals and make use of his more attacking talents.

craigtheceltic and McChiellini.. like this.
  6. PaddyJamieson

I reckon we'd seem him come in and out of the team domestically, with McGregor playing that 6 a bit more against the weaker teams. Ange wants two players for every position anyway, and if we think Soro and McCarthy are way off it, and Ideguchi a bit untested, we would have:

Souza/McGregor/Ideguchi

McGregor/O'Riley

Hatate/Turnbull

With the way Ange rotates I think you'd find Souza dropping out the team in the games at home to the cannon fodder, but like you say, first name on the teamsheet against the huns and in europe.

McChiellini.. likes this.
  7. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Good point. No somethingI took in to account but sometimes we struggle to play out of the press with conviction..

He does look like he could do that with ease....which starts a lot of our attacks or takes a number of player's out the game for us to do so..

Some fair point's chap's. He looks ridiculously good in the challenges and screening the back-line. Really is exciting the name's we're linked with regularly at the minute..

PaddyJamieson likes this.
  8. Moore Brendan Rodgers OUT Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    JCGE + Grace + YNWA
    9/10m is not a lot of money this day in age! Just buy him straight up.. If his CDM capabilities are as stats and videos show then we could sell for big profit down the line.

But enough down the line, this guy is what we need through the middle! The missing piece in that midfield

craigtheceltic likes this.
  9. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    Doesn't look like he's for sale though and the 60% city ownership would things complicated

10. Celtic_Daft1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    Not to sound stupid here but who then owns the other 40%? Like, I assumed Lommel owned the player but the city group owned 60% of him, so Lommel got 40% of the transfer fee and the CFG would get 60%. That doesn't really make any sense though when CFG actually own Lommel.

11. King Kwon Gold Member Gold Member

We always have the option of just not playing him in those games. We're going to have to have a big squad between the league and europe and I'm sure we'll set up differently for each game.

McChiellini.. likes this.
  12. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

I am not hungry. I am starving.

13. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

Yeah that's fair, I dunno what they're valuing this guy at but I doubt city would let him go cheap if they rate him. Maybe a first refusal agreement if they think he will kick on with us would work.

14. G40B

As long as it’s permanent.

If not, it’s incredibly lazy. Give me Football Manager and I’ll rhyme of the decent City Group youth players - without the need for a six figure salary.

We should be finding these guys and signing them ourselves. As others have said, a loan just kicks the can down the road.

15. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    In the past signing someone like him direct from Brazil would have been almost impossible, though.

16. Celtic_Daft1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    I'm happy with a loan to buy. That's worked for both Jota, CCV and it worked on players like Arzani where we could refuse.

17. G40B

When has it worked?

I don’t recall us ever signing a loan to buy.

18. Foley1888

So I am assuming the 60% CFG own is the Lommel ownership of the player as they are a CFG club.

The other 40% will likely be intermediaries which is the big issue in trying to sign South American players as they are often contracted this way. It is an agency or organisation of some sort that seem to be able to hold a % of the players value. I also don’t know if the rules have changed but West Ham got in bother for this when they brought in Tevez and Mascherano as I think they only bought the club % and not the agency and it is against league rules. Not sure of the exact situation but there was definitely something about it.

So if we are to buy Souza we would have to pay Lommel what they want for their 60% and also the agency or whoever owns the other 40%.

I think it can also be previous clubs a bit like the full thing about sell on clauses in contracts but instead of those a previous club retains a % of their registration so if they did make a big move in the future they could negotiate a price for their cut.

Edit: in terms of the player Souza looks exactly the type of CM we need. You could push McGregor on one and go from there. Or be gready and get Belmonte in too.

——-Souza
    ORiley—McGregor

Or

—-Souza
    ORiley—Belmonte

Just to give CalMac a rest not to mention Turnbull, Hatate and Ideguchi as other options in there.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2022
  19. Zander Gold Member Gold Member

I'm not even sure they were ever an official loan to buy but it worked with both Boruc and Forster

20. celtic warrior

Loan players we've bought, but maybe not all of them had loan to buy options

Boruc
    Forster
    Maeda (technically I'm cheating here as it was pretty much obligation to buy)
    Edouard
    Samaras

If they sign
    CCV
    Jota

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.