1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Vinicius Souza

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by GavCFC1, Jun 10, 2022.

Discuss Vinicius Souza in the Transfer Rumours area at TalkCeltic.net.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Belgian_lad

Now this is a player with huge potential! And his level is already very good… but he would be expensive. He wants to meave Lommel though and wants into champ lg!

martin_d and PaddyJamieson like this.
  2. Celtic_Daft1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    I’m absolutely against any sort of loan that doesn’t come with an option to buy.

One year loan with option to buy for €8m please driver

martin_d, Tommy25 and oh bhoy like this.
  3. PaddyJamieson

You seen a lot of him, mate? How would he fit into our system - is he good on the ball under pressure? because that's one thing I don't see much of in the video and he'll be get that a lot in the CL. Other than that he looks absolutely ideal.

martin_d likes this.
  4. Belgian_lad

Oh
    very much mate. My brother is a ST holder at KV Mechelen, i deteste them though. Watched plenty games with him. Guy brings everhtyng, excellent first touch, stays calm under pressure, had a decent dribbel, wont be bullied too. Even seems to enjoy coaching his teammates. Likes to fall back to create space for his teammates and has a good vista. You notice his quality imm! Thought he would be out of our reach. But one can dream

MickeyyMack and PaddyJamieson like this.
  5. Belgian_lad

He would defo fit in Znged dtyle of play. When defender or GK dont have too many options he falls back and rarely loses the ball.

6. PaddyJamieson

Oh no, I'm going to cry when we don't sign him now, aren't I?

Love Belgium BTW, lived in Ghent for a spell when I was younger.

7. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

Even if there isn't, if the quality of player is high enough that we realistically wouldn't be able to sign them permanently - a loan still allows us to improve the first XI for a year or two that they're here.

We can then use that time to thoroughly scout a replacement and bed them in before the loan returns to their parent club.

Hammy89 likes this.
  8. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    Bring. Him. Home.

9. celtic warrior

For the right type of player....loans are incredibly useful.

It would probably be argued that maybe they could have been had...but players like Robbie Keane and Craig Bellamy are two examples for me of loan players we wouldn't have otherwise been anywhere near at all, and despite the * shows of the seasons they were involved in, they most certainly made * seasons so much more manageable.

JML67 likes this.
  10. celtic warrior

This guy though...what are people saying about him?

Seems like everyone in here is wetting themselves over his talent and promise, but anyone know much about Belgium league football.

11. Mr. Slippyfist

I’ve been scouting Belgian football for a long time now, and I can tell you this lad is gonna be a star!

RabS, Skelleto and celtic warrior like this.
  12. Belgian_lad

I am Belgian who lives in Belgium. So yes.

13. Belgian_lad

Haha if we dont sign him, we will sign another good player. Ange knows his stuff.

Gent is a pretty place to have lived! Not quiet as pretty as Brugge, but still lol.

14. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Defensive numbers look mental.

15. oh bhoy

if hes that good why are we not buying, instead of dicking about with a loan.* city group

16. celtic warrior

It is a strange one...I don't know if maybe its being used as a way to bring fee down as we'd likely offer to pay his wages then obviously whilst he's here his contract goes down another year.

But tbh, if he seems good enough like his stats suggest, outperforming others in his position at his age...in a league comparable to ours, arguably better, just go in and buy the lad...don't * about trying to save £4mill.

oh bhoy likes this.
  17. PaddyJamieson

This is far and away the most exciting link of the summer so far for me. Exactly the type we need and from reports/data seems to be potentially elite level. Dear * let this happen.

Twisty and craigtheceltic like this.
  18. Lupis Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Maybe because the club doesn't want to sell, so it's a loan or miss out all together? Or maybe it's to stretch our finances so we can afford to buy CCV, Jota, a left back, another CB (or 2) etc and leave splashing big money on a DM, whether it's this guy or someone else, until next season? Who knows, but loans are not always a bad idea, even without an option to buy, if it means getting quality you'd otherwise miss out on.

craigtheceltic likes this.
  19. Celtic_Daft1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    While I’m not doubting that he would strengthen us for a year or so, it just kicks the can further down the line. If the city group want £7m for him? Get a loan to buy with the option of paying that £7m. There’s no reason why we can’t. There are plenty of players out there who could improve the squad and that position specifically that we could buy outright, Belmonte being one of them.

I would argue that as someone said above, the likes of Keane/Bellamy were signings we would never have been able to afford and they were established pro’s and established premier league level players. The boy looks great but he’s had one season in Belgium, albeit a strong season.

JML67 likes this.
  20. PaddyJamieson

Saw Jorge Jesus compare him to Nemanja Matic when he was at Flamengo. Seems a good comparison from the videos I've watched.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.