1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

The Weightloss/ Getting Fit Thread!

Discussion in 'TalkCeltic Pub' started by Joe T, Dec 29, 2011.

Discuss The Weightloss/ Getting Fit Thread! in the TalkCeltic Pub area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Dalbeth3

Fav Celtic Player:
    to many greats to be able to pick one
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony

Its made in Glasgow now

cidermaster likes this.
  2. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Lost 1lb this week. Dont know how. Back to 3lb away from my lowest weight and celebrated with 2 creame eggs, 2 packs of chicken poppers smothered in hot sauce and a packet of SnV KP sticks :56: love a Friday.

TheHappyLoss likes this.
  3. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    20k in 2 day's..

12 yesterday in an hour and 8 minute's and was gonna do 3 or 4 towards the apparatus in the park there but ended up doing 2 runs of 4.5 in 24 minute's and another 3.52 exact in 19 minute's..

Done 10k Friday just gone as well..

Getting there..

4. Bhoyyo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Forrest
    Fav Celtic Song:
    jelly & icecream when rangers die
    Weighed myself for the first time in years in March knowing it would be the heaviest I've ever been and yup, 190lbs.
    That was 6 weeks ago and my rule for myself is only weigh-in every 6 weeks so that I'm not obsessing over it. Hoping it's down to at least 180lbs

5. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    Went gym with my brother last night bit achey this morning so planned to just go a long walk and use the apparatus..

Done 10k in about 20 degrees heat, a park workout and over 20 thousands steps all in..

Batterer myself. Pains everywhere :giggle1:

Keano88 likes this.
  6. Keano88

This time next year you’ll be like Diazen Maeda mate.

McChiellini.. and bagforlife like this.
  7. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    Serious question guys, I've been trying to loose some weight and get reasonably fit over the last 6 months. I've been doing quite well however, I've just caught Covid for the first time (hopefully last) and would like to know how it has affected other people's training etc. I know it completely floors you and I feel absolutely knackered just now however, how long should it be before I feel well enough to get back to the gym to start exercising again and how did it affect people long term i.e. did you manage to get back to where you where pre Covid?

8. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    :giggle1:

9. neilly1987 Do I look happy? Do I look settled? Gold Member

How's everyone's training going? Anyone got any goals they're smashing or working towards?
    I'm hoping to be able to comfortably squat 120kg with good technique this month and want to try and lose a bit of weight so gonna try and move a bit more and eat a bit less, easier said than done. Want to be able to bench my bodyweight but been having trouble with my arm/shoulder so I'm having to be careful and at a bit of a plateu at 70, maybe 75kg tops. I'm about 90kg the now and was about 65kg before covid so would like to cut some weight and see how much muscle I can keep.

Slaw likes this.
  10. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    Another 12 done. Blisters all over the bottom of my feet..

Was torture running through it towards the end. Was hot as well..

11. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    I've been on a diet since last year when I was told to loose some weight for a complete knee replacement. I started the gym and was doing really well till up to about a month ago and was bench pressing 80kg. Then I got Covid. It has really floored me and I'm out of breath just going upstairs for a pee. I tried the gym yesterday and had to leave as I was really struggling so, have you been the same since Covid and how long did it take for things to improve?

12. neilly1987 Do I look happy? Do I look settled? Gold Member

Sorry I probably didn't word that the best, just meant since the pandemic hit and no gyms and not being able to play football etc, I haven't actually had covid myself but I know people who haven't felt right for months after and that's just from day to day life not even attempting exercise or anything so just try and do what you can I guess and build it up gradually.
    80kg bench press is good going well done!

Wee Baldy likes this.
  13. Celtic_Daft1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    Been mixing it up and have been trying out Jeff Nippards 5 full body workouts lately instead of my usual bro split. Strength has increased, body fat and weight have dropped a wee bit but not as sore as what I was when doing my bro split. Cracking workout routine. Most workouts can be done in about an hour, no cardio in the first 3 weeks and then it's added every 3 weeks.

Go onto cardio next week and he gives you a choice of 45 minutes in your fat burning zone on cross trainer/stairmaster or inclined treadmill or 16 minutes of HIIT training. One a week for your next 3 weeks. Recommends doing both, one fat burning, one HIIT and then whatever one you preferred for your final week.

Would highly recommend it.

neilly1987 likes this.
  14. JorgeCadet

Fav Celtic Player:
    Cadete
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Scotty sinclair
    I've lost 7 lbs in the last month just by changing my breakfast routine.

Instead of eating first thing, I've had a pint of water as soon as I get up and then have weatabix Cheesecake with Greek youghrt and protein powder about an hour later. This is all I have before lunch and has made a big difference to energy levels as well as weight loss.

NakamuraTastic and Moore like this.
  15. Moore Brendan Rodgers OUT Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    JCGE + Grace + YNWA
    Need to lose my Lockdown belly for Corfu in August, was in decent shape at the beginning and now im a mess!

Luckily I LOVE running, should be no issue. Earphones in and offski. Been saying this for weeks now though and still no done it, weathers no right! :/

16. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

Broke my 10k and 5k records this week. 49 mins and 22 mins. Buzzing with that.. next target is to run a 21k, 42k and sub 20 mins 5k

17. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    Does anyone take stuff like whey protein or pre workout stuff etc. - do they really help and does whey protein put weight on if you're on a diet?

18. G40B

You’ll only gain weight if you’re in a caloric surplus, which means you’re eating more calories than you burn.

Gold Standard Whey, which is what I use, has 120 calories per scoop - which is nothing in the grand scale of things.

Protein shakes are a decent way of getting protein in, if you’re pushed for time. However, a chicken breast will always be more filling.

To answer your question, it doesn’t matter what you eat on a diet - as long as you remain in a caloric deficit, you will lose weight.

Here’s a link to a calculator which will help you find what your maintenance calories are - you can then get the deficit number:

https://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/macronutcal.htm

19. NakamuraTastic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Naka, Rogic & Alan Watts!
    I went to Brighton 3 weeks ago and got a reflection of my very fat body in a shop window and was proper shocked lol. So i though - ok..'it's time'. Week one was start to cycle a lot more. So i cycled a lot and dropped half a kilo. Now, it's reduce my boozing (which is just sugar water) while keeping up the cycling (which I am loving again) and then finally work on my terrible diet. My goal is 102kg to 80kg..16 stone to 12.5 stone.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2022
    neilly1987 likes this.
  20. NakamuraTastic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Naka, Rogic & Alan Watts!
    Interesting. I get so sleepy after a bread breakfast but I'm always hungry in the morning. Will try the water malarky.
    What's weetabix cheesecake?