1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Pandemania

Discussion in 'TalkCeltic Pub' started by Mr Cleansheets, Jun 4, 2022.

Discuss Pandemania in the TalkCeltic Pub area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Mr Cleansheets

Anyone noticed any personality changes among friends and family over the last couple of years?

I've had a close friend (of 40 years) refuse to have anything to do with me anymore and my sister has pretty much just announced she's divorcing the family.

In both cases they were more than usually anxious about the pandemic, yet one insisted there was no pandemic (conspiracy) and the other was verging on loopy with OTT precautions.

They both then started getting quite unreasonable, and pointlessly argumentative, and no conversation was possible without coming back to their obsession. The friend now refuses to talk to me because I don't share his rage about the covid conspiracy. The sister doesn't want anything to do with the family because she made a bunch of (inconvenient and expensive) recommendations about where my mother should live and went off in a huff because mum didn't want to move. She feels her opinion has not been listened to because her advice was not followed to the letter.

So what the two have in common is that only their opinion counts and anyone who disagrees is arrogant, or an idiot, or both.

As I look at the world more broadly, it seems as though there's a bit of this pandemania about. Trump's followers seem to have it. I'll bet Putin's got it.

Anyone else seen examples of this?

2. Taz Blind Justice Gold Member News Writer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    I don't think it's limited to the pandemic as such, rather it's symptomatic of a wider divide; the polarization is due to any number of effects, not least of which where people are getting their information and influenced by, be it online, social media or in real life, associating/listening/interacting with only those likeminded that it forms an echo chamber (so to speak), and the more estranged from opinions other than what they've become immersed in that the default almost comes to reject any other out of hand.

You've highlighted the extremes at both end of that covid pandemic spectrum, but it is as true in many other regards, political and issue agendas. *, even sport.

The pandemic didn't create this, but it has certainly exacerbated it and made everything so much worse because of the extent of the misleading and outright and intentional false information campaigns which is being put out there,and have been highlighted. When opinions are being passed off as facts. When sources are askewed and actual facts are disputed and outright denied, it has all contriibuted to the toxic state of affairs.

3. Mr Cleansheets

That's all certainly true, it's just the two people to whom I referred just never stopped raving about covid albeit from different ends of the spectrum.

Very sad.

4. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    I think it’s affected a few peoples mental health my mums went a bit loopy calls it a plandemic didn’t take the jag fell out with anyone in the family who did
    Says governments out to control might be right might be wrong I keep telling her to stop obsessing because either way their is nothing she can do about it and just concentrate on her family

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. leeso-ardoyne

They could equally be saying this about you! There's ample amounts of evidence out there that shows it was a plandemic rather than a pandemic. We are living in the age where something like this can be pulled off by wealthy individuals. All you need to do is follow the money and where all the power is going to see it was staged. It baffles me how people can't join the dots and see it for what it is.

As for them getting argumentative and unreasonable, I don't see anything wrong with this if they strongly believe they are right! There is people dying and getting sick with this jab and * knows what it's doing to the kids who've got it. I do suspect were going to see alot of * up new borns very soon from parents who've taken the jab. That's a given IMO. But hey, this has been done to death all over the internet and in the real world and TBH, I don't really care no more. I'll just do my best for me and my family best I can and try to keep them away from it all including the jab. Best advice I can give you, get out more and live and let live. Going by your post, I'd say your half if not more of the problem.

The world is a * up place plus our along time dead, get out and enjoy life more with your family and peers even if you'd all think they are weird and obnoxious. Plus, don't forget more * hahaha.

Wrong! There's always something that can be done. I do fall into this thinking at times but if enough people get together, the money and power grab will crumble. Nothing is impossible when it comes to taking down governments. You just have to look back only 100years ago where on a little island of Ireland a group of men took on the night of the British empire and succeeded in driving them out of 3/4 of this country. Something that would have seen impossible to people with your mindset back then.

6. Tim-Time 1888 Always look on the bright side of Life Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Enrico Annoni
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail
    Its never been easier to spot those struggling with mental health issues that's for sure.

7. Mr Cleansheets

OK, that's now three people.

Why on Earth would anyone (from Earth) want to deliberately * up the world economy?

Just give me one answer that makes a modicum of sense, by which I mean objective sense... not loopy echo chamber sense... and I'll start to take you seriously.

8. celtic warrior

It's the one thing that has never stacked up for me.

Different countries all over the world...with different cultures, laws, ideas on government from democracy to dictatorships suddenly all come together to control and attempt to cull the very people they earn their living from.

Where is the sense of that, in effect reduce the amount of people you can earn a pound of flesh from financially... probably even more so in a commercial consumerate economy like those associated with the western world and politics.

I don't get it.

Mr Cleansheets likes this.
  9. stew37

Reckon social media has a lot to do with it, maybe just the internet in general. I don't think people's brains are built to deal with the amount of information and exposure it provides. It's been a great invention, but the negative impact is pretty overwhelming. Has given everyone a platform like never before, and obviously not everyone uses it for good purpose.

10. celtic warrior

The expansion of the Internet and the ability of all the different social media's, blogging sites, evolving has lead to an increase in people being able to spout anything they want as fact and find an audience to promote it, whereas previously they had likely only been taking stalls in their local towns, cities, villages and having less than a fraction of the eyes and ears on them.

littlekennie and stew37 like this.
  11. Doogs. Lustig your the one, you still turn me on.

PLANDEMIC!!!!!!! Aaahhhhhhhhh

littlekennie and Officer Doofy like this.
  12. Mr Cleansheets

Can you imagine what it would be like if humans were telepathic?

If we can't cope with internet connection, brain to brain connection would tear us to pieces in minutes.

13. G40B

The most richest and powerful individuals - including the Royal Family - are involved in the World Economic Forum, which is pushing for a Great Reset.

The term Great Reset has been so stigmatised that it can’t be mentioned with attracting mockery, despite being openly spoken about by presidents and the Royal Family.

We are heading to a point whereby nobody can afford anything. What’s the solution? Wipe all debts and start again.

Perhaps the economic meltdown is all a coincidence, or it was engineered and kicked off with the overreaction to Covid.

People shouldn’t be mocked for their views on Covid and the vaccines. We’re now living relatively normally and unscathed by it, despite the full population not being vaccinated.

If anything, people should be demanding answers as to why we reacted the way we did.

14. Avatar Daizen The Last Hunskelper Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Charlie Mulgrew
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The SAM Song
    Probably because most people don't believe any old pish they read off Facebook you spastic *.

15. Twisty Rodgers out !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony

pm sent x

16. Mr Cleansheets

Well, this has turned into a fun thread.

To return to the original point, my focus is on profoundly changed personalities over the course of the pandemic. Notwithstanding @Leeso's accusations, I am patently the same person I was, judging by the hundreds of other people I know who haven't changed and who clearly don't regard me as having changed. I see the world the same way I always did and maintain pretty much all of my traditional values and attitudes.

Has anyone else seen friends or family go feral in the last two years?

17. Maestro 08

Yes, my sister has really suffered these past 2 years. I will say she has always leaned towards anxious. Mainly health anxiety so the last couple of years have been difficult for her. She is an avid scroller of social media and news outlets as well which I think really pollutes alot of people's mindset.

18. Mr Cleansheets

Sorry to hear it Matt.

In many ways the traditional media only has itself to blame for the collapse of editorial values.

The overt support (mainly for right wing) causes has invited other extremist voices into the mainstream and the so-called democratisation of information is mainly showing the ugly side of the coin. Plus the mainstream has mainly failed to call out the uber-extremists.

This has led to ever more extreme (and just plain bullshit) voices getting oxygen, meaning the mainstream media (I'm looking at you Rupert) has no choice but to get more extreme themselves in an effort to stay relevant.

If you only read Fox or Sky news you wouldn't have a clue what was going on in the world. And yet you would fiercely believe that you did.

Maestro 08 likes this.
  19. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Pointless engaging with Leeso. He’s an unhinged * who regularly threatens to get a plane to wherever someone who calls him out lives and leather them.

Oh, and he’s homophobic and said he’s disown his son if he came out as gay.

No idea why he’s actually still on this forum tbh. Must have something on the mods.

bagforlife and littlekennie like this.
  20. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    The guy would rather people who are expecting my wife included to have babies with abnormalities to prove him right that’s what I don’t agree with on that side they would rather immorally bad things happen to prove a * point which to me just makes that anti vac side just as bad

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bagforlife likes this.