1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

The Orange Order

Discussion in 'TalkCeltic Pub' started by Paul67, Jun 3, 2022.

Discuss The Orange Order in the TalkCeltic Pub area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Guy had 'KOH' in his bio, i didn't know what it meant but it's keep on hooping.....a Shamrock Rovers slogan and she unbelievably said did it mean kill all huns.....I honestly rolled about the floor greeting :giggle1:

2. Free the Adblock Gold Member Gold Member

Reminds of when I was a wee boy. My auld boy, my brother and me came out of pineapple and the filth were marching past, as they always done the scumbags. Anyways, me and brother had hoops on, and I remember police telling my dad to walk a different way home, or to hang back until they passed. He told them to * off.

I must've been about 7 or 8 I reckon.

Sean Daleer likes this.
  3. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    I remember being through at my cousin's in Coatbridge and throwing anything we could get our hands on at them. Must've been about 11 or something like that maybe a wee bit older even. They were getting it from either side of this main road wee grass hilly bit's where they were sitting duck's. The polis were struggling to contain it..

Only other time I've really seen it was at my pal's cousin's in Possil going along the main road by the library towards Springburn over a few day's. They must've been practicing. I was toe tapping to the tunes by the end of it..

Don't ever remember seeing it anywhere else when up near you, Dennistoun, Hamilton or anywhere during summer's..

4. jj81

Why can't they just hire security and fence off a big park , let them march all day and night , wouldn't take hundreds of police off the streets and wouldn't cost a fortune.

That's right , the only reason is so they can do it infront of people not of their persuasion.

* them all

greengrocer, KRS-1888, seanm and 2 others like this.
  5. Free the Adblock Gold Member Gold Member

I grew up in the drum and because it had loads of both sides, it was always carnage. A bus of the scum started on our street one time and caused untold hassle. The trampy orange halls got vandalised, burned down etc .. it just brings so much trouble, the fact it's allowed to continue is a joke really.

It's got to go, it's got to get tae *.

kramer1, seanm and McChiellini.. like this.
  6. FATLAZYBHOY Born in the steamie Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    CELTIC SONG (CLASSIC)
    Used to love the orange walk when I was a wean.
    Reason being, we could do anything we wanted and wouldn’t get into trouble with my da, one year me and my mates collected loads of dug * ( this was before you had to pick up yer dugs * in wee bags) and climbed up onto the flat roofs of Barrisdale rd and waited till the huns came marching down sandbank st and pelted them with dug *. Should have seen them scatter.
    Yer fingers smelt of dug * for a while so the police never came near you. Didn’t want to get dug * on their shiny handcuffs I suppose.
    Ah, the good auld days, a time of innocence and black and white tellys :56:

Northerner likes this.
  7. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

That's where I grew up! I stayed on Kinfauns next to St Marks church. The lodge was 200 yards up the road then the polis station was another 300 yards away.

seanm likes this.
  8. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

To be fair those mutants spell our as are, so you can see why the daft bint though the O was an A :giggle1:

seanm and McChiellini.. like this.
  9. cas79

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just can't get enough
    Ya * manky *

Sent from my M2007J17G using Tapatalk

seanm and Westlondonscot like this.
  10. Free the Adblock Gold Member Gold Member

That's the orange halls I'm talking about mate, * manky wee thing was constantly getting set on fire or spray painted :giggle1:
    I grew up 2 mins from Kinfauns, just off Drumchapel Road, so we used to go to either St Pius or St Benedicts. Was St Benedicts where the police told us to go home another way, the horrible *.

seanm likes this.
  11. seanm

* doesn't describe them enough.HH WNS

johnboy19 likes this.
  12. stew37

My old man got huckled off the stage for singing 'A song for Ireland' in a masonic lodge very recently. Still tries to justify it to me. Justified.

13. KRS-1888 Scott La Rock

They used to get it bad when passing Lynedoch Court in Greenock, pelted with tangerines,oranges, and apples etc...was quite funny.

I think they're better off ignored tbh they crave the attention.

McChiellini.. likes this.
  14. leeso-ardoyne

Scum of the earth they are! I mentioned it on here before when arguing with someone over the orange order on here and I'll say it again. All orange lodges need bulldozed! They are an out of date organization that belongs in the dark ages and all should be disbanded. There will come a day they'll be obsolete on this island and the sooner the better.

15. Drakhan Nac Mac Feegle Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jimmy McGrory
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Half of my family are in the Orange Order.
    They detest us because we are Catholic and support Celtic.
    Feeling's * mutual.
    Hate the *.

16. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    I’ve a good few close family in it, they don’t hate us, absolutely genuine loving amazing people. Can’t explain why it’s a thing for them anytime it’s been brought up in a genuine conversation rather than an argument.

Had friends in it, and it was a way of life, that couldn’t tell you a thing about the history behind it and were genuinely angry when I’d explain the historical aspect of stuff like the Battle of the Boyne and that William of Orange was basically a * of the Pope of the time. The ones I’m still friends with that were like that have no time for it now and a couple have told me that me telling them * like that made them think about it more and realise it’s daft.

If this *’s bringing streets to a standstill, is getting backed by taxpayer money and it is a cancer on society. The fight against bigotry that’s had lip service for as long as I can remember - the answer for me is teach the actual history of it all in schools. When it’s not just bigoted rhetoric and they know the full history, it doesn’t add up for what they’ve been brought up to believe what it is.

Both sides being brought up either celebrating the 12th July or hating it, needs to learn young that the biggest backer of William of Orange was Pope Innocent XI

My old boy told me that, and I looked into it through bitterness and genuine hatred to get it * up them that I knew more than them about their own history they celebrate. These days I’ve let go of a lot bitterness and pity the clueless indoctrinated * more than anything. The ones that have been made to think about it, they don’t stay in that mindset.

Los Palmas 7 and Tim-Time 1888 like this.
  17. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    My dad's family are in it (or were) , due to him marrying a Catholic I've never met a single one of the bigoted *.

packybhoy likes this.
  18. Scotia Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    you wear the hoops thats good enough
    Fav Celtic Song:
    over and over
    A rotten to the core organisation that needs terminated with extreme prejudice !
    Durtyrancidbigotedmutants !!!

packybhoy and Wee Baldy like this.
  19. Gabriel Beidh an lá linn Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Raphael Scheidt
    The Ian Knox cartoon on May 28 featured a procession of elderly Orange Order members, including one using a walking frame and one in a wheelchair, parading behind a ‘Grand Centennial Parade’ bannerette.

Also in the cartoon, one woman watching the parade says to another: ‘Next time around they’ll need avatars.”

The Independent Press Standards Organisation (IPSO) said it received several complaints about the publication.

The complainants challenged the depiction of the Order’s members as disabled and elderly – questioning whether this amounted to unacceptable discrimination.

This complaint was rejected as the alleged discrimination “did not relate to an individual, nor is age a characteristic protected by the Code”.

packybhoy likes this.
  20. Drakhan Nac Mac Feegle Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jimmy McGrory
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Wonder what would happen if the Royals were forced by parliament to allow Catholics to be head of state.
    Would they disband.
    Its a disgrace that we have a monarchy in the first place but even moreso one that one that discriminates against Catholics.
    What's an even bigger disgrace is the that there are so many stupid * Catholics that love these spongers and in doing so whether they realise it or not fully support that discrimination.
    Destroy the monarchy and you destroy the orange order.

kramer1, Dannybhoy81 and Wee Baldy like this.