1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Moussa Dembele

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Sean Daleer, Jun 28, 2016.

Discuss Moussa Dembele in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    Up front but drops deep to link up as well, similar to Firmino at Liverpool but more an out and out striker as well.

Probably why he’s been linked to Liverpool. The money that he’d cost when he can only be guaranteed to be fit half a season though I can’t see it happening.

2. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Former Celtic star Moussa Dembele is reportedly an £18m target for Turkish giants Fenerbahce.

The Super Lig runners-up are eyeing a transfer splash and new manager Jorge Jesus has identified the Lyon striker as his No.1 target.

Dembele enjoyed a roaring return to form last season at OL as he netted 22 goals in 36 appearances in an otherwise shabby season for the French big boys

Arsenal have been linked again but it appears the significant interest from Turkey could result in Lyon chief Jean Michel Aulas facing a decision to make.

Despite Dembele's free-scoring heroics, the return of club hero Alexandre Lacazette from Arsenal means it's unlikely Dembele will stick around for the long-term.

Former club Celtic retain a 10 per cent sell-on fee in a player who left Glasgow in 2018 for a return to his homeland with Lyon

Dembele has been linked with a slew of clubs and even spent six months on loan at Atletico Madrid in the 2020/21 season but he didn't earn a permanent switch to La Liga.

And now Fener are doing everything they can to secure a deal over the coming weeks.

3. ApartPidgeon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    So 1.8 million in add on no bad

4. JamesM09

I don’t think he would go to Turkey to be honest. He’d be better running down his contract at Lyon and getting a move on a free.

5. Celtic_Daft1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    Hope he doesn't go to Turkey. Overpaid league full of has beens.

neilly1987 likes this.
  6. Breathnach67

Fav Celtic Song:
    The White and The Green
    For whatever reason he doesn't seem to have all that many suitors at the minute. Personally I don't see what's wrong with him going to Fenerbahce should it happen. What is he? 25/26? Go out to turkey, to a massive club, a winning club and spend a year or two winning trophies again (Something he'll have been sorely missing in that monopolised league in France) and playing under a good manager in Jorge Jesus and then see what offers are on the table in a year or two's time.

7. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    I genuinely couldn't give a * where he goes as long as he's not with us at the end of the window.

Edit: thought this was a Barkas thread.

Tbf I couldn't care less where Dembele ends up as long as we get some money out of it.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2022
    neilly1987 likes this.
  8. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    Surely he'd go for more than that?

neilly1987 likes this.
  9. JamesM09

I think he only has a year left. To be honest if no one is bidding then that’s quite a lot. If there’s a few clubs wanting him then I would’ve thought the amount would be slightly higher.

HTG likes this.
  10. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

That would be an awful move for him.

He's just had one of the best seasons of his career. First time he's scored 20 or more league goals. Would be surprised if a decent team from England, Germany or Italy aren't after him.

neilly1987 likes this.
  11. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    Seems to like running his contract down the bold Moussa

JamesM09 likes this.
  12. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    Ah that's makes sense if it's only a year, was expecting him to go for around £25-£30 million.

JamesM09 likes this.
  13. Ciaran_67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jan Venegoor of Hessilink
    Fenerbahce would probably be a downward step from us even. Weird if it happens.

Anyway, Eddy was still the better footballer for us in my opinion..

14. G40B

Was it not reported at the time that any sell on fee was waived in exchange for Lyon paying in full?

Not bothered where he goes. I think he’s a * for the way he left, and I’m 99% sure it’s a social media manager Tweeting all the digs at the Huns as it gets him numbers.

15. Skelleto

Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the old brigade
    Dembele was better in every way possible from mental attributes to physical and footballing attributes. No contest imo.

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

FrankMcCallum likes this.
  16. Ciaran_67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jan Venegoor of Hessilink
    It’s all a game of opinions isn’t it. Think it would be really hard to argue Dembele being anywhere near as technically good as Edouard. Yep Dembele had a physical edge that Edouard didn’t. Overall I think Edouard is the better footballer.

Think this ‘mentality’ patter Eddy gets when compared to Dembele is mostly a product of recency bias.

Think Dembele has somehow managed to cover his downing of tools in the CL qualifiers that season and his itch to get away from the club by what gets plastered on his Twitter.

17. FrankMcCallum Gold Member Gold Member

He’s not a * for the way he left. The only reason he signed for us was for first team football and a stepping stone, something Rodgers and the board guaranteed him.

He rejected squad roles at Juventus and Tottenham to sign for us.

A team from his home country offered £18million after two seasons of magnificent service, and he expected the promise to be honoured.

It would have set a horrific precedent if we didn’t allow him to leave to be honest. You’d have certainly have seen less and less prospects signing for us.

Yoshi likes this.
  18. AdamRS Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just can’t get enough Depeche mode
    I get what you’re saying but the way he acts now as if he was forced out the door.

19. JamesM09

I think he probably was, although he also wanted to go.

There was rumours we wanted to punt him to China for big bucks and Rodgers tried to make him go. I think Dembele himself alluded to this after Rodgers went although I may well be misremembering

I don’t think it’s ever as black and white as people think. I think we try and force players out once we get the offer we want but we happily let the player take the flak for being, “desperate to leave”.

20. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    He threw a strop and refused to play in a european qualifier. He acted like a * as did Rodgers