1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

2022/23 Transfer Budget

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by LectersLuncheon, May 20, 2022.

Discuss 2022/23 Transfer Budget in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Their squad is crumbling to bits.

It remains to be seen whether they can recruit well enough to replace established players who have been there for 4 or 5 years.

That money they've made will also be going to pay off bills and sustain them if they don't reach the UCL.

We spend and really kick on then qualify for the CL again next season by winning the league and we really do Bury them.

Blochairnbhoy likes this.
  2. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    I think it’s around 14 million in prize money in total for the Europa, but they have massive repayments and bills.

the squad is ageing and some of their most important players are entering the last year of their contacts this coming season Kent, Morelos, Aribo, Jack, Helander and they will have to replace Goldson, McGregor this summer.

They are in trouble no doubt about it.

We have another chance to strengthen from a position of strength, let’s hope the board don’t * it up.

3. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    Their squad is due their first ever rebuild headed by an absolute *. They've never had to do this before. They have no experience in replacing established first teamers.

I heard some pundit on SSB saying that it can be successfully done and you can be competitive, just look at what Celtic have done. The odds were heavily stacked against us this season. It wasn't easy and lightning doesn't strike twice.

The huns are * for next season.

I'm not a budget fan but I do understand the need to be financially stable. However, like you said, we are financially stable. We have the money.

* use it, Celtic.

Edit: also, they've shown they don't give a * about debt. There's only so long you can do that though.

littlekennie likes this.
  4. saltire78

I agree with this 100%...

However, because our board has ABSOLUTELY NO INTENTION of EVER trying to bury them, there's very real chances we won't.

Wouldn't surprise me if we spend only what we need to cover the 3 we have and then match what they spend. We have history of that. Also wouldn't surprise me if they outspend us, because they've no qualms about twisting the knife if they can.

£30M is actually an EXTREMELY reasonable spend on our part. There's all the Double money, Europe money from 3 tournaments until after Christmas, season ticket money, merchandise money, add-ons/resale monies and now the guaranteed £35+M of CL group stage. Our financial reports for these 2 years are going to be MASSIVE

5. CountyDownFaithful

Should be looking to invest at least half of the CL prize money in addition to CCV and Jota deals.

CB
    LB
    CDM
    CAM
    RW/LW

Those are the priority positions for me.

6. Guchi Gucci Gold Member Gold Member

I don't really think we could 'bury them' with our budget. The market we, and they, shop it doesn't really allow for it. We just have to keep doing the right things and let them continue to operate at loss every single year, cause something will eventually need to give.

They really do need to get it right this summer, though, if those expected to leave do leave. We save for a rainy day, they spend like it'll never rain again but as long as they are getting further in debt to their directors then there's no immediate issue other than the fact other new investors wouldn't touch such an unsustainable business.

7. Keano88

£14m to keep Jota, CCV and Maeda.

Maybe make £10m back for the likes of Rogic, Bitton, Barkas, Soro, Ajeti, Boli etc.

Then I reckon we spend another £8m with a few loans similar to the quality of Jota and CCV.

Leaving us about a negative £12m which would likely be our biggest loss in player trading since the Martin O’Neill days.

8. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Rogic and Bitton I think have been released from their comments mutual agreement

littlekennie likes this.
  9. Keano88

If that’s the case then we’ll struggle to make £4m from the other duds.

Blochairnbhoy likes this.
  10. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    Wouldn't put it passed us selling one of our assets if we get a big offer

11. Celtic_Daft1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    Been rumours floating about for months that we would sell Juranovic if a big offer came in. Think even Fabrizio Romano was talking about clubs being interested. I know Ange rates Ralston highly so he maybe thinks we have a good enough replacement already in the time.

12. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    There were rumours linking him to Leicester. Never seen anywhere saying we were open to selling him though

13. Celtic_Daft1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    I think Romano was the one who said we would want an offer of £15m to sell. Maybe I picked that up wrong.

14. bhoy81

Part in bold, 100% we managed to do it in 98, we had no pressure on us and everyone said they would win the 10.

This time, there was no pressure, the league was theirs (according to pundits) Ange was out by Christmas, most of the fans thought it would have been a transition year and we smashed it out the park.

Next season they have massive pressure, the pundits will still be wanking all over them for getting to the Europa league final. They will need to bounce back etc and that will be their downfall.

We need to * hammer them.

Hammy89 likes this.
  15. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    We got a quality rb for 2.5 M in juranovic in the European market , so sometimes it’s about the right scouting, Ange knows the Asian and Oceania market inside out and Japan , Australia n the likes are slowly becoming very decent football nation so who’s to say there isn’t a hidden gem of a left back out there, someone who can tackle with the same pace and enthusiasm as Maeda would do nicely

16. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    Winners get 9.7 M but dare say will be a few add ons taking it to around 15M , had Ramsay scored that they could have made over 60M with champions league, European super cup money and other add ons

17. bhoy81

I was talking about the total amount they have accumulated throughout the tournament via prize money not just the final.

I was reading it was around 14 million for reaching the final and being runners up.

this is not including the gate money they would have received either.

18. Keano88

They made about €18m and we made €9.5m from Europe this season, both amounts before tickets etc.

19. bhoy81

Just seen a few more articles, do Uefa publish it, I’ve not been able to find it.

20. Keano88

This site has all the UEFA information.

https://www.football-coefficient.eu/money/#money-club

Current prize money for every team that was in Europe this season on there.

bhoy81 likes this.