1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Player Suggestions

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by CheGuevara, Jul 19, 2021.

Discuss Player Suggestions in the Transfer Rumours area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. apevrak

He's pacey, good ball control but lacking end product. If he sorts that out he can go on and do great things, but just now Eliteserien is his level. He reminds me of Forrest back in the days.

McChiellini.. likes this.
  2. Turnbulls right peg

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Over and over
    we did sign kenny for the B team thats the reason he's played for the B team instead of the first team. The B team is a development side as part of our youth set up if there good enough thats when they'll step up to the first team.

Dont think anybody can say for a fact what Ange will or won't do as all it really is, Is our opinions but I disagree with not signing a 1st team ready striker,

With the form of GG who's to say Ange doesn't try and find a system to play GG & Kyogo that would leave no option off the bench . Also one or both get injured and were trying to shoehorn the likes of Abada in as a 9 in a potentially important game which has happened far too often in recent years with us Johnston,Morgan up front etc.

Rangers have Morelos,Roofe,Itten & Sakala 4 first team strikers for 1 spot and still played a important game with a makeshift striker, so I don't think 3 strikers is a big ask.

3. Turnbulls right peg

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Over and over
    Don't understand why folk talk about 3rd choice etc, The boy Botheim who looks a player BTW or anybody else for that matter who might get linked with us over summer isn't sitting thinking there 3rd choice its not that black and white there confident in there own ability and feel they can be the number 1, Which makes the team better with competition for places.

Ange has said were signing a midfielder this summer we already have Mcgregor,Hatate , O'Riley , Mccarthy ,Soro, Turnbull & Ideguchi not to Mention Shaw,Connell & Robertson back from loans.

The midfielder we sign isn't sitting thinking hel be 3rd,4th,5th choice he'll think he's better than we hav already.

Abada done an interview this week saying just that, Along the lines of he knew not much was expected of him this year when he signed but he was confident he could do damage.

4. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    Because out of Giakoumakis, Kyogo and Maeda for the position up front Maeda’s a clear 3rd choice for me.

5. Can'tbehooped

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson

The Hun comparison there does not stand up.

The have Fredo that they rely on, Roofe who is their 2nd and half the time ended up playing wide before Fredo was injured, Shitten who was away on loan cause he was *, then not getting a game over midfielders for the same reason and Sakala they use as a winger mostly again and didn't even trust to see out for a penalty. Only Roofe was ever a player to challenge the others were not as it would have upset 2 of their highest paid players

They've done everything they can do to keep Fredo about for years as he is the keystone in their team.

Everyone loves a striker signing because attacking players are the exciting ones, but we have priorities that need filled before another striker and if we were to sign another I would imagine it will be someone that can play a wing as well to give us that utility.

I'm my opinion priorities would be as so

LB - we lack depth, Taylor has improved but Scales is the only other option
    CB -again, depth, Julian likely away CCV not signed perm yet
    CDM - was a position lacking a bit and with Biton away it is a position to elevate us
    RW/LW - more to add depth and push on, if we don't get Jota this becomes a higher priority
    GK - clearout of the extras we have and sign someone to push on Hart

Any other as fit and to replace, ideally promote some from youth to show that pathway, particularly in early cup games and have at least one as a bench option in most games.

Player you were on about is a quality looking player though, not arguing that, it would be nice to see but it would be way down the list for me as a big signing.

6. neilly1987 Do I look happy? Do I look settled? Gold Member

Obviously not him but someone like Rode would be ideal. Such a baller and can handle the physicality too.
    Was so impressed with him last night. Would like to see more of him as it was a pishy game tbf.

7. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    I imagine he’s well out of our price range but I’d love to sign Diadie Samassekou, still only 26, experienced in Europe with Salzburg. Physical and a baller all in one.

8. Turnbulls right peg

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Over and over
    There we go again. Maeda is never in a million years a number 9

9. Turnbulls right peg

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Over and over
    It does because they were all Centre forwards when they signed them , Cant account for them not working out just like Ajeti didn't for us.

10. celtic warrior

I'm interested to see what Ange and Lawwell Jnr do now.

The model seems slightly tweaked now trying to find guys around 25/26...and I can't imagine Ange will sign anyone who is in a relative term, a big household name for Celtic.

But * me, if he can get 4 players onto of signing CCV and Jota permanently who again go on to have an impact on the team like Giakoumakis, Kyogo, Hatate, Abada, Maeda, Jota, CCV, Hart, Juranovic.

Boy...are we in for some season next season

Hammy89 likes this.
  11. Kayazziguire

Thought Abada did ok in there - he'd be third choice right now.

Turnbulls right peg and Tommy25 like this.
  12. celtic warrior

LB and CDM are probably the main two positions for me that could do with improving on urgently.

That could of course change if Jota and CCV don't sign on, or better yet if they do, and it also turns out thay Ideguchi is actually at the level we'd need then I'd say LB and ST.

LB absolutely needs looking into regardless of what is going in any other position.

13. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Remembered you posted this so just scrolled back. Some ITK * on KDS saying we're watching him and just had a look at his highlight reel. Yes please..

Looks outstanding, strong and very very good on the ball for a defensive mid..

14. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    Don't want to jinx it either, but I'm pretty sure the guy on KDS who said we were looking at him is one of the very few who is actually ITK. Would be pretty exciting.

15. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Siegrist leaving on a free, would like him before huns pounce.

16. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    Same guy saying we're also looking at this boy

24 year old Malian international playing in Egypt..

Looks so powerful and very quick. Quite good on the ball as well..

Fit's the kinda age that Ange likes at 24. Presses well. Can play and move on and off the ball well. International. Wouldn't cost too much I don't think..

neilly1987 likes this.
  17. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    With him and Owasu, it means we're clearly looking for that beast CDM, which is the only thing our midfield is missing currently.

Exciting times.

neilly1987 and McChiellini.. like this.
  18. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    Aye it's obvious we need some physicality and a bit more athleticism in the middle. That doesn't mean we have to buy one that can't play either. These boy's clearly can..

Be great to get one of them in. Even one as an 8 so could be greedy and bag both:fear:

We definitely need an enforcer 6 type who can play like the above but as I was half joking about, I would actually like an 8 that can get in amongst it, is quick and can play as well...going box to box and pressing high..

neilly1987 and Hammy89 like this.
  19. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    Basically Ryan Christie :67:

We never really did replace him, best of both worlds would be for our Enforcer CDM to be quick and strong (Rare, but that second boy you linked fits the profile..) and O'Riley/Mcgregor in the other slots.

McChiellini.. likes this.
  20. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Wit can a say.

HTG and McChiellini.. like this.