1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Brendan Fraudgers!

Discussion in 'World Football' started by Mr. Slippyfist, May 20, 2016.

Discuss Brendan Fraudgers! in the World Football area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Gurru 991

I really don't think he is a good coach !!
    Leicester have been horrible defensively this season & cannot defend a set play if their life depended on it. Set plays are the coaches responsibility & he has shown he is not able to set up a defence. He talks a good game but that's where it ends for me.

2. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Agree it’s because he has this salesman patter side to him for a time players buy In to it but he then Does sleekit moves that derails the trust did it throughout his career

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ziggy, Gabriel and JamesM09 like this.
  3. scuzzy Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke, KT, Naka, Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    fields of athenry
    Could'ny give a flyin' *

jake10 likes this.
  4. celtic warrior

He's got something about him that gets players reacting and I'd say Leicester are pretty much achieving exactly what they should be doing with the way it is run in all aspects along with Rodgers as coach.

In the prem I think he's found his level. He doesn't seem to have it about him to keep things fresh and motivated beyond 2 years which is something the real class managers like a Pep or Klopp seem to have.

The_Bhoy likes this.
  5. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    I wouldn’t be surprised if he gets the bullet this summer.

6. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    This. I think he promises them the world and then goes back on his word.

7. jake10

Fav Celtic Player:
    whoever is our new record spend
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Go on home british soldiers
    He inherited a decent squad at Leicester hence the fa cup win but now third season when players he’s brought in have settled we’re seeing his level - mid table nothings winning nothing with nothing to play for at least he’s getting his good wage * HIM

8. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    Leicester would never retain the level of challenging for top spots down there, I think he’s a tadger but just cause the finish this season, doesn’t mean he’s a mid table manager. He’s not, he’s a world class coach and downtalking his ability undermines the achievements we had with him, and what English ‘prem’ fans do, cos their nans could win invincible trebles with Celtic obv

The Phoenix, KRS-1888 and NomDePlum like this.
  9. Doogs. Lustig your the one, you still turn me on.

He is undoubtedly a world class coach, we didn’t go unbeaten over a full domestic season and proceed to win 4 trebles in a row due to anything else but the groundwork he put in.

The problem is his ego and fakeness, he’s a world class salesman as well.

I don’t hold as much anger against him as I did before. He’s still a rat *, but, gave us some pretty * amazing times.

Liam Scales, Rydo1888* and NomDePlum like this.
  10. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    It's not just this season at Leicester though. He's bottled the champions league twice and by all accounts the cup win papered over alot of cracks last season for them. I don't watch them alot but their fans have been complaining about their performances for the last 18 months. They were * in Europe as well. He seems to be a really good impact manager. For whatever reason his methods seems less effective after about 18 months. Happened to us as well. The Invincible season aside the football he had us playing would bore the * off ye

11. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    Honestly, I don’t think that Leicester team has any right to be challenging for Champions League places down there. Although he has bottled it twice.

He does have a problem with sustaining it though. Which is interesting because he learned a lot from Mourinho, who has the same issue…

12. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Like clockwork…

13. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
  14. Celtic_Daft1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
  15. Gabriel Beidh an lá linn Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Raphael Scheidt
    https://www.football365.com/news/brendan-rodgers-bull-worried-leicester-city

When Brendan Rodgers faced the press in February between humiliating FA Cup defeat to Nottingham Forest and a Premier League clash with Liverpool that offered hope for little more than damage limitation, he basically absolved himself of all responsibility by claiming that the Leicester squad was little changed from his arrival three years before, using the catchphrase “healthy shake-up” to indicate that there needed to be significant transfer movement this summer.

“If players aren’t improving and developing, then of course you need that healthy shake-up. We need to reinvigorate the squad. Nine of the 11 players who started at Forest were here when I joined. For the squad to evolve and become better you need to add better players.”

Cynics would point out that Rodgers had spent over £200m in three summers by that juncture and very few of those signings had offered value for money, while some had been nothing short of disastrous. Indeed, the three players who arrived at Leicester for significant money last summer started just 31 Premier League games despite an injury-ravaged season for many of their teammates. None of Patson Daka, Jannik Vestergaard and Boubakary Soumare started the final day’s 4-1 win over Southampton that secured a barely believable eighth-placed finish with an almost fully fit squad. A year on, Leicester would bite hands clean off for their money back on all three.

Now here we are approaching mid-July with more pre-season defeats than signings under their belts and Rodgers has returned to the subject of the “healthy shake-up”, though the meaning of that phrase has now significantly and almost magically changed. Now it’s all about pre-season training in Evian, where the water really must be invigorating.

“This season, I’ve talked about a healthy shake-up of the squad and a big part of that was based around the reconnection with our culture after a difficult couple of years where the pandemic has left a lot of teams a bit broken. This is an opportunity for us to come together and reconnect again and continue with our pre-season work.”

Sorry but that is bullshit. When Rodgers spoke in February, he was clearly talking about transfers. He went on to say this about possible outgoings: “We can never be frightened to do that. If a player is ready to move on, you can get maximum value and then reintroduce hunger and desire from another player, hopefully you benefit from that.”

He was absolutely not talking about “the reconnection with our culture” back in February when he looked at his squad and knew they were on a downward spiral without reinforcements and the fact that the message has entirely changed by July strongly suggests that Leicester are reliant on outgoings for any new signings. Except there is now no Manchester United offering £85m for Harry Maguire and there is no Chelsea offering £50m for Ben Chilwell. Instead, Arsenal are dragging their feet on Youri Tielemans, James Maddison is perhaps unfairly seen as tainted goods despite a career-best season, Wesley Fofana is only ever a throw-away mention in Chelsea reports and Wilfred Ndidi is presumably now considered too injury-prone for the elite.

All of which leaves Rodgers talking in riddles, which is usually a sure-fire sign that he is worried. Even with caveats about injuries, there was clearly a point last season at which there was a levelling-up between Leicester and Rodgers, with the manager no longer seeing the club as a stepping stone to brighter things. Exactly who was punching here? He certainly would not have envisioned a scenario in which he had been at Leicester over three years and felt closer to a sacking than a poaching. Leicester may well be approaching a point where the next incarnation of a “healthy shake-up” involves a new manager.

16. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    His recruitment has been pretty poor. It was at Celtic too as well. Relying on players that were there already to carry him. Also letting go of a player that is now one of Ajax's most expensive players. If he goes somewhere else he will give them a lift but I think he has a shelf life of 2 to 3 years.

The_Bhoy likes this.
  17. gary88

Who was the player he let go? Not disputing your points btw there bang on just can't think who it is

18. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    His name escapes me right now

19. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    The thing is he uses * like that to his advantage when he's wanting out. He's a creepy sociopath

20. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    He should really be parting ways with congerton and just letting a board get own guy in to deal with bringing players in the guys is horse * with recruitment he doesn’t even have faith in his own judgement knocking back bids of 6m for boyata because he didn’t have faith in getting a replacement …. If you can’t replace that guy then your are useless

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk