1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Giorgos Giakoumakis

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by The Thumb, Aug 31, 2021.

Discuss Giorgos Giakoumakis in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Al Bootyerbaws

Always puzzled me why folk wrote him off after he missed that penalty. To me he's looked good since day one and exactly what we need in a striker. Hopefully get Ajeti out the door in the summer and get another guy in a as backup for him and Kyogo.

2. celtic warrior

If this was a game of Fifa Giakoumakis and Kyogo upfront together would be * stunningly destructive in the league.

Wee Baldy likes this.
  3. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    I was thinking the same when JVOH joined he was * unreal, the goal against Utd away and then unfortunately his niggling injuries.

JVOH at times was top drawer but his injuries caught up with him. Hope Big Jackies forum continues cause he is class.

4. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Totally proven me wrong.

17 goals considering his amount of game time is sensational. He's really doing that jersey justice.

5. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

He looks like Rogic and Bittons love child. What a player.

6. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    He sure is. I think its fair to say he deserves to wear that 7 jersey. Nice bonus as well that his second goal meant he finished joint top goalscorer in the league with the lad from Ross County.

7. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Was class after the game as well and think maybe the cameras were off he was over at the standing section dancing to his tune with his wee one, on his own away from the squad.

Really gets the club. That's the most insane things about our signings this year, they've all got a great attitude and really been seamless.

Can tell ange does some research.

Twisty and neilly1987 like this.
  8. ticketyboo0 Gold Member Gold Member

We needed a player like him, great to see him enjoying his football and contributing some very valuable goals. After a rest and a good pre season this boy will be hitting 20+ goals next year.

neilly1987 likes this.
  9. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    He's got the minerals, clearly a confident guy who can back up what he says, stepped up when we needed him, another really good signing who has played a big part in our unbeaten League run.

10. Skelleto

Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the old brigade
    My favourite player atm. Love him

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

NakamuraTastic and neilly1987 like this.
  11. Double Dutch

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Still pickles my brain how good this big * has become for us. That Livingston game I was absolutely fuming with him and would have happily punted him there and then. What an idiot man :56:

Wee Kyogo is something truly special and big GG is pushing him so close in terms of who is number 1, that to me is the ultimate compliment for the big man. Love him.

12. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    He is only going to improve and we will see the best of him next season. He really needs to stop taking his top though off as my wife and daughter are like a pair of giggly schoolgirls every time he does it. Anyway, I'm off to the gym to work on my abs

Taz, DJ CJ, Blochairnbhoy and 6 others like this.
  13. NakamuraTastic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Naka, Rogic & Alan Watts!
    Lol operation fat * starts for me very soon - caught a glimpse of my gut in the mirror today - It was like a black mirror episode!

AussieGreek likes this.
  14. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    Same with me m8. We can't get away with the old " it's my love handles" or "it's only puppy fat" routine since that big Adonis joined our club.

AussieGreek and NakamuraTastic like this.
  15. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    So is the guy from sky last few times he has got him topless

Wee Baldy likes this.
  16. NakamuraTastic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Naka, Rogic & Alan Watts!
    Hehe! A lot of mine is just beer and booze (proper sugar water)...but the gut never lies..Every time I catch my gut, I'm like Rogic leaving the pitch yesterday!

AussieGreek and Wee Baldy like this.
  17. saltire78

When folk bashed him straight away I tried to say keep calm and give him a chance to settle. Any player who can be top scorer for their league is worthy of the time to settle in. But * me does he look like a steal! Top scorer in Dutch league last year, Scottish this... CL next? :57::56:

With full preseason to settle with squad, injury free and getting the games he'll cruise it next year. Reckon we could have suitors beating our doors down by Christmas. Definitely prepared for bids on 1 or both him and Kyogo this summer too...

Blochairnbhoy likes this.
  18. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    After hearing what he said guy has perfect attitude compared to some strikers that came before him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NakamuraTastic and Blochairnbhoy like this.
  19. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Greek striker Giorgos Giakoumakis hit out at AEK Athens only a day after his Celtic FC manager Ange Postecoglou revealed his own snub from the club.

Giakoumakis got his big break when he joined AEK five years ago. However, after his failed spell in Athens between 2017 and 2020, where he scored only three goals in 48 appearances overall, with just 9 of those games coming in the starting XI.

It was his first spell at a big club, but only 19 months later he was shipped out to OFI Crete on loan. Another loan spell with Polish outfit Gornik Zabrze came and went before Giakoumakis finally got out of Greece permanently and went to VVV-Venlo in the Netherlands.

In an interview with Greek outlet Novasports, Giakoumakis said: “In Greece, I was to the point of doubting myself until the last season I played for AEK Athens.

“I was thinking that maybe I wasn’t good. It was a difficult four years, I went through difficult situations.

“I had told my agent and friend, Yannis Emmanouilidis, to take me to OFI, the team I love, in my homeland Crete, at least to enjoy football. I no longer cared about making a career.

“He was the only one telling me to calm down and that he believed in me and that I could go abroad. He played a catalytic role in my career. In Greece, you need to have a lot of patience

“I have improved a lot since I was at AEK. What cost me in AEK is that I went there from a small club. I didn’t cost them anything and if I hadn’t come out I would have been a third (choice) centre forward.

“The thing is, there was no plan with me. Everything went on automatic. I was trying to be myself, but I was not getting the opportunities I should have gotten. If you’re not ready, the team has to get you ready.”

20. saltire78

Not sure he's 'hitting out' at anyone, per se, just that he's saying how it is at most bigger clubs - ourselves included. If young lads aren't immediately and obviously top-notch straight out the door they're inherently pushed back down by a system that favours established players. I'd imagine that right now a good few AEK fans are probably having the conversation we have about all our ex players who go on to be successful, and rueing their own 'failed' youth setup