1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Giorgos Giakoumakis

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by The Thumb, Aug 31, 2021.

Discuss Giorgos Giakoumakis in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Yoshi

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo, Andreas Thom
    Reminds me of JVOH but with more potential

moravcik1888 likes this.
  2. Cobbs67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy and Danny
    What a * signing !! Wasn’t sure of him to start with, then he got injured but oh how has he proved me wrong !! Some choices we have upfront now

3. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    A lot more mobile but like Costa

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cas79 likes this.
  4. Wllm Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Think pre-season will be very intense so Ange probably won't experiment with his system but would love to see him try GG and Kyogo upfront together for a game or two. Both missed half a season and got 13 and 12 league goals each. GG's physicality and Kyogo's finesse and movement could be tasty...

cas79 likes this.
  5. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Really? JVOH was excellent when he first joined, then injuries ruined him a bit as he lost mobility.

Giakoumakis is already 27 too, so he's pretty much already the player he's always going to be. Hopefully we see him peak next season.

6. Lupis Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    While I agree with the sentiment in general don't forget Larsson was 26 when we got him and I'd say he improved while he was here, so there is still the potential for improvement from GG.

Tommy25 and Callum McGregor like this.
  7. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Fair point and to be fair there are plenty of examples of players peaking later in their career.

Tommy25 and Lupis like this.
  8. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    What a player this guy is..

Seriously love him..

9. DuffyBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Petrov/Calmac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    lonesome boatman
    Really really rate him, his ability to find space in the box is excellent.

NakamuraTastic and Tommy25 like this.
  10. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    I love everything about him.

Tommy25 and Rydo1888* like this.
  11. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

Top scorer in his league two years running. The guy’s got serious quality. Absolute shithouse.

12. PaddyJamieson

Love this *. Exactly what so many of us as fans were crying out for. Big physical * of a penalty box poacher. His first goal today was everything, the strength to hold off the defender and the skill and technique to finish. Next year we're going to have two 30 goal strikers.

Twisty, NakamuraTastic and Tommy25 like this.
  13. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

14. Big C

This bhoy is a player.

Tommy25 likes this.
  15. Montero Gold Member Gold Member

What a guy :57: We've been missing a proper shithouse striker for too long.

16. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    His comment's justifying saying we were the best team in the league earlier in the season..

Will noise them right up hahahaa..

Montero and Rydo1888* like this.
  17. DuffyBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Petrov/Calmac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    lonesome boatman
    worth the transfer fee alone then.

McChiellini.. likes this.
  18. Dublin Celt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Barry Coffey
    Why didn't I listen to myself in march

Sent from my GM1903 using Tapatalk

19. NakamuraTastic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Naka, Rogic & Alan Watts!
    From The Greek City Times
    https://greekcitytimes.com/2022/05/15/giakoumakis-top-goal-scorer/

Screen Shot 2022-05-15 at 00.02.07.png

Greek striker Georgios Giakoumakis finished joint top scorer of the Scottish Premiership 2021-22 season after putting two goals past Motherwell on Saturday.

Celtic FC secured the 52nd title in their history on Wednesday night after Giakoumakis’ header earned a point in a 1-1 draw with Dundee United, the club’s 10th title in 11 years.

With the title secured on Wednesday, the final match of the season was always going to be a celebration, and it certainly turned out to be won after winning 6-0 against Motherwell.

Japanese international Kyogo Furuhashi got the scoring underway for the Hoops but their visitors got behind the defensive line a couple of times with Joe Efford’s pace.

David Turnbull then netted against his former club to take the game away from the Fir Park outfit and Kyogo doubled his tally before half-time.

Jota and Georgios Giakoumakis’ double added to the scoring for Ange Postecoglou’s side who ran out rampant winners in Glasgow.

Graham Alexander’s side finish a successful season in the division’s top five and now look forward to this summer’s Europa Conference League qualifiers. Celtic run out as worthy league winners.

On 68 minutes, just six minutes after Giakoumakis came off the bench, he sent an overhead kick into the top corner, and then added another with the game’s final kick.

This put Giakoumakis on 13 goals over the season, equal with Ross County’s Regan Charles-Cook, one more this teammate Furuhashi and two more than Rangers striker Alfredo Morelos.

What makes this achievement all the more impressive is that Giakoumakis was injured for half the season, only featuring prominently after Christmas.

Meanwhile, Greek-Australian manager of Celtic FC, Ange Postecoglou, insists today’s Parkhead title party was the perfect ending to Tom Rogic and Nir Bitton’s Celtic story.

The pair are set to depart the Hoops after the champions’ Premiership thrashing of Motherwell.
    Rogic and Bitton have decided to call time on their Celtic careers having bagged an incredible 34 major honours between them in nine sparkling years in Glasgow.

Wizard of Oz Rogic is poised to spark an A-League fight back in Australia while Israel stalwart Bitton is also set to head back to his homeland with Maccabi Haiffa in the frame.

Hoops fans bid farewell to the favourites today as Postecoglou’s men got their hands on the Premiership trophy.
    “For us as a football club, we need to be looking always to be continually evolving the team.
    “As the season panned out, and now being champions, it’s just a great to send off two unbelievable servants of this football club.
    “They both get the chance to say goodbye in the right possible way and our supporters get the chance to acknowledge them.”

Postecoglou hailed the part the pair have played in Celtic’s success this season – with Rogic in the frame for the player of the year award and Bitton making 40 appearances in a number of roles.

He said: “Massively so. There’s no doubt that their careers speak for themselves.

“My own input into that is the last 12 months, when they’ve both been outstanding on and off the field.
    “I obviously knew Tom from before but just working with him on a daily basis, he’s been brilliant for me.
    “He was probably the go to man in terms of people trying to find out about me and I’m sure he helped me in many ways. His season this year has been brilliant.

“Equally with Nir, I needed experienced players as it was a young group.
    “On and off the field he’s really helped Callum and sort of shaped the dressing room.
    “His influence particularly on Liel Abada has been unbelievable.
    ‘Liel’s a 19-year-old we brought in as a sort of development project but look at the season he’s had. I’ve got no doubt that a huge chunk of that is because of Nir’s influence.”

20. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member