1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Kristoffer Ajer

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Officer Doofy, Jan 5, 2016.

Discuss Kristoffer Ajer in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. mayo

Would of loved to have saw him play DM in Angel’s system. Still think that would been his best position

Leone Naka Fan and Wee Baldy like this.
  2. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

3. FrankMcCallum Gold Member Gold Member

I was stunned when he went to Brentford, although they are a decent team by all accounts.

He is easily good enough for an AC Milan, Arsenal, Sevilla etc.

Peej likes this.
  4. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Only just turned 24.
    One more year in the prem with Brentford and he will be snapped up by a big club fighting for s UCL spot

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

5. Taz Blind Justice Gold Member News Writer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Snobbery, plain and simple. Same thing happened with VVD, had to go to Southampton to 'prove himself' in the EPL before a big Euro club like Liverpool would sign him, even though we always knew his quality.

Artorias likes this.
  6. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    By all accounts we blocked the Milan move the year before, one of the reasons he was furious with us.

7. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Nut megged Forster too with the finish.

8. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    I was surprised too I had always pronounced it eye-er.

9. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Which will also hopefully trigger a few more million for us with a sell on profit clause.

10. TheHappyLoss

Always liked the big man

11. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

KRISTOFFER AJER left Celtic back in the summer of 2021 when he made it clear to the board he wanted to leave. Brentford handed Celtic a decent fee for the defender despite Kris’ contract running down. The Daily Mail reported Ajer’s price at around £17.5m with £13.5m up-front. The player’s former side AIK grabbing 10% of that deal.
    The Norwegian has taken to the EPL very well with Brentford this year and has helped his new side to a 13th place finish – nowhere near the drop zone in the end.

When the big man left Glasgow last summer, CeltsAreHere understands the bhoys managed to negotiate a sell-on clause into the contract with Brentford –– as they do with many of their top players on the way out the door.

The Athletic is now reporting Everton are looking int signing the former quadruple treble star and know it will take big money to see Brentford part with one of their star men.

Everton had a horrible season that started off with former Liverpool manager and legend signing on as their manager. Rafa Benitez’ appointment was an unmitigated disaster — the Spaniard eventually relieved of his duties. Frank Lampard managed to stave off relegation with a game to spare and is now looking at strengthening his squad ahead of next season.

The English club has been known to hand out large transfer fees in the past and to rebuild their squad, it’s going to take some big investments.

Celtic could again reap the rewards of their transfer system. We also believe some of the extra £4m from Ajer’s deal was payable for the player helping Brentford remain in the EPL this season — we’re uncertain how much.

12. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Steer well clear of Everton big man. Basket case of a club with a manager I don't rate at all.

13. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    I didn't realise we got as much as £17.5 million for him, terrific business if true.

Rydo1888* and Hammy89 like this.
  14. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    We must've had a decent installment from them staying up.

As with anyone who moves on, I hope we have a percentage of his next fee.

15. Smithy

Me either. Mind you that rag said we signed him from AIK which is completely untrue. Take that value with a large side of salt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Whilst true, he seems to be a guy that trusts players that are still learning, which Ajer still is despite him not being a real young player anymore. And they’re a club that’s respected down there and individual performances will lead to bigger chances, more so than him being key in a team like he’s at just now.

The way of the world down there, would be a dodgy move, but if he went and had a season that he stands out in an Everton team it could be far bigger for opportunities than where he’s at just now.

17. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Don’t see how Everton will be able to afford him with FFP unless they sell a Calvert-Lewin or Richarlison for big money.

Would actually be a smart signing from Everton for a change though.

18. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    * knows how FFP even works for me mate, there’s loads of teams you think shouldn’t be compliant with it that get a by.

PSG, Man City etc. Barcelona were fine with FFP until La Liga started there own FFP. Rangers have been fine with FFP in Europe despite sinking £100m debt into the club in the last 5 years.

Seems to be the leagues that enforce FFP Is when it’s a thing.

19. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    EPL is different from UEFA apparently. According to what I seen English fans discussing, FA’s FFP is counted on single players transfer fees towards the overall loss/profit where as UEFA is simply the loss vs profit. I genuinely don’t have a clue if it’s true but they seemed to be adamant that was the case and why teams in England with FFP trouble are desperate to not let assets run their contracts down now.

So Everton signed Calvert-Lewin for £1.5m. If they sold him for £50m it’d count £48.5m toward their FFP down so they’d be able to spend that much more.

They signed Richarlison for £40m so if they sold him for £50m they’d only get £10m added in England.

But in European competition it counts the same because all the transfers are added together…

Again, don’t have a * clue if it’s true but seen it spoken about and had no idea it was any different.

Think the Huns are fine because they don’t actually have any debt and have guaranteed to cover the loans.

20. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    From when it first came in it was apparently about turnover to outgoing, but that’s proven not to be the case so * knows. But it’s classic UEFA, when they pulled PSG for it it was a a ban or a £100m fine. So they just checked for change in the back of the couch.

When leagues do it it’s done properly, La Liga doing it has kicked up a stink with Barca and Real but it was needed. Germany’s had a stringent version for years

I think it’s down to leagues to enforce a European licence and UEFA to investigate if it escalates to them, but that’s a good chance of cherrypicked rules I’ve seen on facebook off Celtic Da’s cos the scum.

Regardless, it doesn’t work though. Man City were the club they went for at first when it came in and they’ve got an open ended sponsorship with Etihad because of it basically.