1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Mohanad Jeahze

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by GavCFC1, Apr 25, 2022.

Discuss Mohanad Jeahze in the Transfer Rumours area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Foley1888

Further to what I said above about him I watched back a lot of Hammarby’s last game against Sirus which they won 3-0.

He is a good passer off the ball and does a lot of directing of team mates. Inverting would be easy for him as he pretty much does it anyway and looks comfortable going wide like a traditional full back or coming inside and playing more like a midfielder. He has a nice switch of play on him from here and can play good forward passes to break the lines.

As suspected and mentioned below he is more a pass and go type player but his movement is good often making 3rd man runs anticipating where he can either create space for himself or team mates.

When he does get into crossing positions from either deep or nearer the byline he has good ability to pick out team mates both from low hard balls across the face of goal or higher ones from deep.

He looks quicker than Taylor but isn’t blisteringly quick either, however his recovery pace is definitely quicker than Taylor’s. He is a bit taller as well at around 5’10ish. He wasn’t massively tested defensively in this game. I think they play Malmo next so maybe get a better indication of how he is against a decent level of opponent in that one.

Overall based on that game he would be able to fit in to our system well and have something to offer. He has a good level of technical ability on the ball and ample physical qualities.

RabS and Tommy25 like this.
  2. RockhardBoss

3. The_Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Would a work permit be an issue? If he’s chosen to play for Iraq but also not been capped yet by them?

4. Foley1888

He’s had 3 caps already and also has duel nationality. Given he is also a regular for his team who are near the top of the league. Sweden won’t be rated that high but he should still get one if we were to pursue signing him.

The_Bhoy likes this.
  5. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Always take these things with a pinch of salt, but he sounds like he fits the bill for what Ange looks for.

Tommy25 likes this.
  6. CheGuevara

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Good stats, age and affordability. I can see this one happen if the rumours are true of a genuine interest

Tommy25 likes this.
  7. PaddyJamieson

I reckon this is a go-er. Fits the bill in many ways and Ange knows the kind of player he wants. Affordable, good age. Really pleased we're getting business done early.

Tommy25 likes this.
  8. Wllm Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Might tune in for this.

Edit* game is already being played and 10 mins to go
    :poster_oo

9. PaddyJamieson

SMSM reporting that we had scouts at the Malmo vs Hammarby game the other day. I reckon this one is a dead cert to go through.

10. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Celtic are pressing ahead in their pursuit of Hammarby's star defender Mohanad Jeahze, after sending scouts to watch him this week.

The Premiership champions in waiting are keen on the 25-year-old Iraq international, who has been in fine fettle for the Allsvenskan pace-setters this term.

And Celtic had representation in the stands during Hammarby's goalless draw with Malmo on Monday night in Stockholm.

However, Jeahze had to be substituted off with 22 minutes left to avoid getting sent off after collecting an earlier booking, as the player revealed after the game.

He said: "The fourth official told our manager that I was close to getting a red card. They said if I made one more foul I would get a second yellow card, after the one I picked up in the first half.

The Malmo players were shouting for the ref to give me a second yellow card after a couple of fouls I did, so it was probably best I was subbed.

"But it says a lot about us that we are all disappointed we have only drawn against a team like Malmo, with the squad they have. This is the attitude that we must have this season."

Last edited: May 4, 2022
  11. Foley1888

Interestingly he wasn’t even on bench for the Hammarby game yesterday. He did come off early against Malmo on Monday about 65 minutes but was on a booking.

Maybe something in it or he may just have a knock.

12. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    I think we will sign him.

Watched a video of him and he looked quite impressive.

13. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    You got the link?

14. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony

Was that one. Has a few more clips on top of the one posted earlier in the thread. I've also based what I said there on a few reports about him which suggest that he'd be suited to our style.

He looks to have a good engine, really cultured left peg. Doesn't seem to * about in getting the ball into the right areas either, very few aimless crosses. Granted, as ever its hard to judge off of a 4min video.

But I'd trust Ange and our scouts. It's no use signing a faster, more direct full back if he's less technical and can't adapt to the inverted role. This is the thing, we now appear to be targeting a specific type of player.

By all accounts it seems like Hammarby play a similar system to us.

Hammy89 likes this.
  15. Avatar Daizen The Last Hunskelper Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Charlie Mulgrew
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The SAM Song
    Greg Taylor foreshadowed this signing by making me say "Oh Jeahze" several times this season.

16. AdamRS Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just can’t get enough Depeche mode
    Looks a really good player, wonder what sort of fee they will ask? Transfermarkt lists his market value of 900k and has 1.5 years left on his contract

17. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    Their number 33 seemed impressive in that clip as well.

18. craigtheceltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom
    Barkas keeping for that first goal… those little tyrannosaurus arms of his.

Was an impressive video, the number of times he picks out the player in space is impressive.

19. Foley1888

Swedish media quoted something between £1.2-1.6m.

AdamRS likes this.
  20. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    His pick-outs are very good to be fair and like you say, he does have a good engine..

Warming more to it after the analytics reports and him playing exactly like we want our fullbacks to..