1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Craig Gordon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Dáibhí, Jul 3, 2014.

Discuss Craig Gordon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

Tags:
  1. James Gold Member Gold Member

He parried so many shots right out in to the 6 yard box today yet was still praised

Liam Scales likes this.
  2. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    He's overrated heavily for being Scottish, and also not playing for Celtic helps him with the media. There was a reason he was dropped for Bain. So many mediocre players in our league bugged up because they are Scottish. He is the national keeper purely because Scotland doesn't have a good keeper.

3. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    He got an easy time far too often while at Celtic as well. Some of the goals he conceded was absolutely honking, but people (fans and media) made out that he was unlucky or that the shots were unsavable.

End of the day, he's a good keeper, but he's lived off his younger days hype and in later years the "he's came back from an injury" and from there, seems anything he does needs praised.
    But he's not that great.
    He can't command his backline - communication and interactions with teammates is poor.
    He can't command his six yard box - almost every team realised against us, that you drop s cross on the edge of the 6 yard box and he will not come for it, while the defenders would assume the keeper had that covered and would fluster at it.
    He can't save a penalty - worked out the stats while he was with us a few years back, and the stats for pen saves was absolutely woeful for a keeper at his level.
    He gets beat far too often at his near post - although apparently while with us, all keepers get beat there and it wasn't a bad thing. Even though it's one of the fundamental things you do as a keeper, cover your near post. Your defenders expect that, and a keeper expects defenders to cover the back post.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

Hammy89 and Valhalla like this.
  4. Al Bootyerbaws

Dry your eyes.

Speaking to Edinburgh Evening News, Gordon said: “I think it’s about a millimetre over the line [Kyogo’s goal].

"How the linesman from 40 yards away can 100 per cent know that’s over the line, I’m not entirely sure. We’ll have to give him it as a good call.

“He was winding me up coming out for the second half, saying: ‘Good decision, good decision, eh?’ I was like: ‘Oh right, so it’s like that?’ Fair enough, he backed his call. I thought I’d saved it.”

PaddyJamieson and Hammy89 like this.
  5. Lewis Kerr

Why is he so bitter towards us? We dragged his * from the gutter and revitalised his career, giving him the chance to win trophies and compete in Europe.

He's a very ordinary goalkeeper who is capable of the odd worldie. I couldn't wait to get rid of him when he was here. He seldom made important saves like Boruc or Forster would. Could never count on him to dig us out of a hole either. Didn't he save just one penalty in his whole career here? In fact in Europe I'd go as far as saying he was pathetic - never felt comfortable with him in there, he single handedly * the tie vs Inter too.

Peej and Hammy89 like this.
  6. FrankMcCallum Gold Member Gold Member

So he’s now moaning about a decision that was called correctly then?

7. Twisty Rodgers out !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Only in Scotland can a linesman be questioned for getting an over the line call correct. Laughable, if not obvious.

8. stew37

Well ye didn't save it. Bitter * man :56:

Peej and Morcombe like this.
  9. celtic warrior

No wonder he's * honking...* * blind.

Clear goal...watch it back in any televised format and it is evident the ball crosses the line without a doubt.

10. Dannybhoy81

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul mcstay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The celtic symphony
  11. kinglenny

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Dry yer eyes ya big slug.

Maestro 08 likes this.
  12. LectersLuncheon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    Cuz a dirty filthy Celtic hating *.

The only thing turned my stomach more than watching him flap about in our goals was seeing his little * boy brigade on here tongue kiss his *.

His behaviour before he joined us was disgusting. Constantly moaning. Training with Sevco with his cap in hand.

His behaviour when he was with us was more so. Constantly blaming his TEAMMATES for his * errors. Flapping about like an epileptic fish in nets, constantly getting beat near post, constantly parrying balls out of touch he could easily have held onto, to make it look like a save. Constantly parrying big standard crosses or floaters over the bar, to make it look like a save. Missing passes, punting the ball out from goal kicks. He was an utter * disaster.

His stats in Europe were posted up by a fellow member on here which proved he was the WORST goalkeeper in EVERY euro competition...two * years in a row.

STILL * on here were giving him their hoop.

Now hes yapping about correct decisions.

Was * at Hearts. A * at Sunderland. A * with us. And guess what... Hes still a *.

13. Maestro 08

Well seen he's not changed his snidey, * attitude. Never liked the *.

14. Morcombe

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kyogo, Jota, Abada, Taylor, McGregor, the whole team!
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing, This Land is Your land, Over & Over, Green, White & Gold, Hampden in the Sun, E
    how the * can you complain about the linesman making the correct decision, needs to * off already

15. scootz

He can be a bit of a gype, and he certainly likes a brainfart, but we cannae deny that he's had a great season. Definitely in the conversation for the POTY award (but - for me - doesn't win it).

16. Keano88

So it’s fine for him to shout at the linesman and tell him he made the wrong decision but feels it’s disrespectful when the linesman jokingly let’s him know it was the right call after reviewing the video.

Ok Craigy boy.

17. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    What a throughly unlikable human.

18. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Completely resurrected his career yet still clearly so bitter towards us.

He never showed the same passion for us as he does for them. Its so clear.

eire4 likes this.
  19. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    It truly is so clear. I was just thinking that as I watched him after the final whistle this weekend.

20. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    Always been a thing that’s happened that

James likes this.