1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

The Recruitment Question

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Mr Shelby, Jun 11, 2021.

Discuss The Recruitment Question in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Foley1888

It is actually mental, to think if the add ons from Edouard and Ajer are realised (I think Edouard might already have met some if not all of his), and we sign CCV and Jota, then we will have flipped the entire squad and made a profit in the process. Not to mention completely replenished our squad of high value assets.

We have even managed to potentially make a profit on Urhoghide, without barely playing him as Ange must not fancy him.

The last couple of tricks will be getting shot of Barkas, Bollingoli, Soro and Ajeti. Finally get Karamoko Dembele on the park and he’s a star and signs a new deal.

If we manage the above we are a left back, left wing option and possibly a centre back away from having as complete a squad I can remember.

Dan Breen likes this.
  2. shieldsybhoy

:56::56:

Am I this guy in disguise?

:ange2:

3. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

If you are, I love you x

4. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Thought I would bump this.

Got it wrong regarding the Asian Market (although tbf I did say don't target in the summer hehe) but was interesting I had mentioned we need at least 10 players and at least 80% success rate.

We really did surpass that. This summer is huge once again and I think most of us on here are in agreement about what we need.

Gaffer has obviously said that there won't be as many come in which is a given. But I'm still expecting a good 5-6 players. And more movement out.

Bitton seems to be the start of it.

The Prof, Keano88 and Hammy89 like this.
  5. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Turns out I was also wrong saying he talks jobbies. Got this one spot on.

6. Pearse67*

We badly need a bit of steel and pace at defensive mid, allow mcgregor to push up.

Champions0607 likes this.
  7. callumrae1967

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kayal
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    We've been crying out for 3 or 4 quality additions since Larsson left so here's hoping this is the year:giggle1:

Born green, Hammy89 and Mr Shelby like this.
  8. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    Fingers and toes crossed that CCV and Jota signs.

For the rest I’ve posted this in another thread.

Back up Keeper
    Starting left back.
    Hard as nails * holding type centre mid.
    Left winger
    Third choice striker.

AdamRS likes this.
  9. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Thing is we never actually go daft even if we have CL money as its used to sustain us in case we don't get there the next year :giggle1:

So I'm not expecting anything mad. But hopefully it allows us to add Jota and CCV permanently and then also will be a bigger incentive for any guys we have our eye on.

Although I get the impression Ange won't hang around for guys who need to be enticed. And quite right.

Hammy89 and callumrae1967 like this.
  10. Guchi Gucci Gold Member Gold Member

Just want to see a ruthless edge now. The board have no hedge their bets argument this year with direct qualification.

GK - New, Hart, Oluwayemi
    DR - Juranovic, Ralston
    DL - New, Taylor
    DC - Carter-Vickers, Jullien
    DC - New, Starfelt
    DMC - New, Bitton, Ideguchi
    MC - McGregor, Hatate
    MC - New, O'Reily, Rogic
    AMR - New, Abada, Forrest
    AML - Jota, Maeda
    FC - Kyogo, Giakoumakis, Kenny

Basically I think we need 6 players that are capable of being starters. This is the time. This is harsh on Hart and Starfelt but we need true depth and style-wise something has to give at the back.

Bitton, Rogic and Forrest should get one more year for continuity and depth.

Creativecelt and Foley1888 like this.
  11. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    I'd be surprised if we sign a new 1st choice GK.

12. Mr Diggler

We now have Champions League money and it is about time we took a bit of a plunge and tried to bring in some top quality off the bat. If Sevco win the Europa they will go into the CL as well. They will invest absolutely no mistake. So let's make this summer one were we * nail them in another bankrupt coffin should they fail to qualify for the CL. If they do then to stay ahead we need to invest. Time to step up. Our lack If ambition has killed us in the past. Let's not make the same mistakes

Guchi Gucci likes this.
  13. Guchi Gucci Gold Member Gold Member

I think he has been a great signing, cheap and such a calming influence. I also think it'd be nuts not to have adequate competition again this year given his age and concerns with his distribution - Bain is not that. Although I do think a ball-playing centre-back may offset some of the worries of playing out from the back.

14. Jordann Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    David Turnbull
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    I don’t think you’re being harsh enough and I do feel harsh saying that as the teams been phenomenal this year but I want more!

Sign (assuming we keep Jota and CCV):

Gk, rb, cb, lb, dm, cm, rw

So a new team again, but it’s to keep the whole squad competitive and I’d sell/loan/release:

Bain, Barkas, Bolingoli, Ralston, Welsh, Scales, Bitton, Turnbull, Soro, McCarthy, Johnston, Forrest, Ajeti

I’d give Karamoko pre season and then decide on him (assuming he signs a new deal)

Some of these might be harsh, eg Ralston, but I think if we want to progress, we really need to be harsh.

Guchi Gucci likes this.
  15. Guchi Gucci Gold Member Gold Member

I do think if we could command a good fee for Turnbull (8m+) that was to be reinvested then I'd be happy. I actually forgot him from my list.

I'm fine with Forrest getting another year, Bitton and Rogic too. That experience is helpful behind the scenes and none are too far over the hill.

I do actually agree on Ralston, too, the drop off to JJ is really noticeable but just don't see that one happening.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. Twisty Rodgers out !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    100% need a lb, cb, dm and at least one winger. A backup keeper would be ideal as well. That's with us signing Jota and CCV, otherwise you can add another 2.

17. mayo

I hope to * this year we just go and have our business done early. None of this chasing round for players last day of the window craic

18. joemc

I think the big man has shown he doesn't just sit and enjoy the pretty football being played , he is constantly watching where we could be better ,it's been shown our defence has got better not jus through playing together more ,but by bringing in an attacking player , someone who can stop teams building momentum by pressing from the front .
    So his system requires players who are quick and who can also step away from a press .

19. Foley1888

I agree with most of this but would look to move Julien on and I think Bitton may leave. I also for some reason think Juranovic may go if a big bid comes in, I hope not.

In place of Julien I would promote Lawal as our 4th choice CB and bring in CCV and another as you have suggested. The other needs to be good on the ball and preferably left footed or happy on that side Jesper Daland would be a good pick signing.

Left back, CDM and a versatile winger are a must for me and if they all had good physicality I think it would improve us as a team massively.

That’s another reason I would like Solbakken as a right wing option. Someone like Jean Onana of Bordeaux for DCM or someone like that. For left back I am struggling a bit but if they aren’t big physically they need to be good on the ball and quick.

20. honda Gold Member Gold Member

We will not sell any new player on the first season of there contract. We never sold VVD after massive offers. We sell after minimum 2 seasons and never before. We're building not selling. Only deadwood or past it players will leave this year.