1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Alexandre Mendy

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by Henrik 07, Apr 27, 2022.

Discuss Alexandre Mendy in the Transfer Rumours area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. CheGuevara

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    No thanks

martin_d likes this.
  2. Can'tbehooped

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    It is something I did consider with the GG comparison, but GG had a couple better seasons in the past and was top scorer in the league in a team that was otherwise poor, but current form is always the most important so there's that too

Looking at some other reports this one seems to have been rubbished a bit as well

martin_d likes this.
  3. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Historically we don't exactly break the bank even with CL money. So I wouldn't expect that to change.

4. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Kyogo and Giakoumakis are two great options at the moment.

If we're signing another striker, I'd rather they were younger with scope to really improve.

Hammy89 and Valhalla like this.
  5. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Celtic's reported interest in Caen striker Alexandre Mendy is wide of the mark, Football Scotland understands.

The hitman had been linked with a potential transfer to Parkhead to provide competition up top for Kyogo and Giorgos Giakoumakis.

L'Equipe claimed an offer had been lodged for the Ligue 2 player.

But it is understood there has been no such contact between Celts and his club.

It had been suggested the 28-year-old - who has scored 16 goals this season - was the subject of a £2.5million bid from the Hoops as Ange Postecoglou looks towards next season and what is set to be a title defence.

The French publication said in their initial report that the offer had been turned down but that Caen would be "willing to negotiate."

anybmove for a striker from Celtic and their recruitment team this summer would almost certainly signal the end of the road for Swiss international Albian Ajeti.

The £5million signing from West Ham has had a torrid time at Parkhead and has been missing most of this season with injury.

He is significantly behind the likes of Kyogo and Giakoumakis in the pecking order and should any cash be spent on a frontman this summer Celts will look to sell the playe