1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Celtic v Ugly HUN Bastards Sunday may 1st Sky Sports football kick off 12pm

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Henrik 07, Apr 24, 2022.

Discuss Celtic v Ugly HUN Bastards Sunday may 1st Sky Sports football kick off 12pm in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Onefootwonder

What's the story with their fans claiming bottles were thrown at their fans?

The only video I can see on Twitter is one of our fans posting a video saying it was Rangers fans throwing them at us?

2. Dalbeth3

Fav Celtic Player:
    to many greats to be able to pick one
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Next they will be saying they have won the league

3. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

Happy enough with the draw I’ve only been concerned about results last few weeks this is about getting over the line at this stage of the season. I’m finally relaxing a bit now. I can’t believe how good we have been this season, hasn’t settled in yet that we are about to win league and go into CL.

People need to remember the 3-0 demolition derby is something that happens on the odd occasion (bar Rodgers v the *) folk seen to think we should do that every game now ffs get real. We are in a rebuild season challenging the team who won by 25 points last year: We have wiped the floor with them performance wise this season in the league.

They currently can’t beat us when it really matters and are back to celebrating playing well against us like they would do when they first came into the league.

We are starting to tire clearly but it’s came about 4 months after everyone said it would and once the league was done.

4. TonyTim Gold Member Gold Member

5. Pogues

I've not read through this full thread but I cannae believe there's posts as negative as this.

There was little between the teams today. We had our good spells, they had theirs. We missed a couple of sitters as did they. Draw was probably the right result.

Folk might not want to say it but rangers are a good team and us dominating for 90 minutes and scoring 5 goals was never going to happen. They had to win today and failed. The league is as good as won, I'm celebrating.

6. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

TOP.OF THE LEAGUE
    WE'RE LOOKING DOWN ON THE RANGERSAND THE ONLY EXPLANATION I CAN FIND IS THE
    FORM WE HAVE FOUND, SINCE ANGEHAS BEEN AROUND IS WHATS PUT US AT
    THE TOP OF THE LEAGUE

7. Lewis Kerr

I didn't expect us to dominate mate. I've said since the game at Ibrox that there isn't much between us of late and the games are predictably scrappy and tight affairs. When others said we'd smash them in the semi and today I said we wouldn't.

What I do expect however is for us to be able to play a couple of passes and put some sustained pressure on them in some phases of the game. I also expect us to be sharper to the loose balls and not look timid out of possession and reckless in it.

Our last three games vs them have have been utter * in terms of our attacking display. While it isn't the end of the world it is a concern. This is a depleted hun squad who are dead on their knees. The question needs to be asked, why? There are some major problems in our team still (midfield, LB, our inability to play out from the back when pressured) that need to be rectified if we are to compete in Europe. Pretending these problems don't exist will not do anything for our progression.

In essence, delighted to be top and almost champions. But disappointed and quite concerned at our levels of performance against better opposition in the last few months (huns x3, Bodo x2)

Last edited: May 1, 2022
    packybhoy, Wllm and StPauli1916 like this.
  8. stirfry999

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hatate oreily kyogo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    y n w a
    People have to remember we will get a 40 million boost for next season they will have made a few bob fron there run in Europe this season .But I also think they have massively overspent to try and win the league this season .Also add in Mike Ashley and the compensation for pulling out of anges homecoming tour and I honestly think they will be selling and looking to bring in freebies and low transfer fee players .In my opinion us winning the league this year will affect them massively

charlietully and Hammy89 like this.
  9. s88 Gold Member Gold Member

Obviously winning is better but draw suits us fine; our goal was to not lose, theirs was to win, so all good. In terms of performance, it was questionable. Probably would of started GG and brought on Kyogo towards the end. Maeda good pressing but so unclinical (Celtic player confirmed), that being said he is probably the right choice to start as opposed to Abada, who is much more of a threat but better off the bench alongside Kyogo.

Had a feeling it wasn't going to work when we made the triple sub, its just madness. I can see what he was thinking but its too much of a change. For me, that was the point where I thought 'nah we're not winning this'.

10. jambo_cfc

Anyone think terry could have been up talking to hibs ?

11. MagicBallBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

maybe the more time ange and the players get he can sort it out with tweaks and telling the players where to move to, to beat other teams press, it just frustrating as * watching us run to get the ball back for a goal kick and then start passing between goalie and defenders until we inevitably give it back to them, were not of a good enough standard particularly at fullback to do this.

I'ts predictable, the huns and everyone else know were going to do this so they sit right on top of our players primed to press hard and not let us out

i think players have improved tremendously taylor starfelt ralston, think starfelt was my mom

oriley and rogic are similar and slow but also have a touch of class especially rogic, orileys got some time to improve, hatate needs to be closer to calum

calum playing quarter back on his loansome and hatate playing 20 yards advanced from him and rogic/oriley even further ahead like no10s even more advanced

our formation is like 4 1 1 1 3 no wonder calums getting out numbered we have no midfield, their playing as attackers, this team is actually playing like a superbowl team and calums trying to hit magnificent passes to our wingers rogic or kyogo when they fail all these players have to sprint back miles to get behind the ball, its mental lol

maybe if our full backs were top notch excellent footballers they could move inside to help calum and lend him the hand he so obviously needs so he doesnt get isolated and outnumbered

as good as tony and taylor have improved they are not good enough to deputise as midfielder to balance the team

Easter Rd Davie likes this.
  12. Pogues

Sorry Lewis, I wasn't having a go at you personally, I just used your post as an example of some of the negative ones.

I think your being too critical of the last three games against them mate.

The ibrox win was a great example of controlled football 2nd half. Let them have the ball and break us down, which they didn't come close to.

Last week at hampden, they were the better team, no doubt, but it's no as if they battered us.

Today, nothing in it. They had to go for it towards the end and had chances but we missed a couple of sitters to make it 2 nil.

I wouldn't get worried about it mate. They have a squad that's been together for years, we have mainly new guys. We will only improve. Remember, in the 3 games your talking about, they have failed to beat us over 90 minutes.

Lewis Kerr likes this.
  13. jambo_cfc

Was imperative that we didnt lose , win would have been great and what we should hVe aimed for but a draw was decent also. Also shows that we still hve a rebuild happening and that we cannot rest with what we hVe . Will give the board a gentle nudge to sign players! Depending on wht man united do with their squad i think someone like mctominey would be a good signing depending as he puts himsef about and can play a bit

14. Sonic Reducer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mr Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Symphony
    I think the Huns get their over confidence call it what you will ...from the way our club operates...were such a soft touch.

I see they're already filing a complaint of hate crimes after the trouble today.

They just love walking all over Celtic...the club needs a fukin boot in the baws.

Mystic Penguin likes this.
  15. TheHappyLoss

* them

bobs1974, Hammy89, Twisty and 2 others like this.
  16. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Or they’re deflecting because they’ve just lost the league to a squad flung together on the fly…

The videos are full of them flinging * and so hings the Billy Boys etc.

No statement when we beat them at Ibrox last month with their fans flinging stuff at our players on camera.

Everything they do is to distract their own fans. It’s nothing to do with our board or our club.

Rydo1888*, charlietully and Hammy89 like this.
  17. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

We should of been 2 or 3 clear by half time, came out looking sluggish 2nd half but took control until they scored.

We had some great play as well as some awful stuff. Take the draw either way and onto the next one.

bobs1974, Rydo1888*, Artorias and 2 others like this.
  18. MagicBallBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

carpenters ?

19. Champions0607

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Too early to get the champions league ring tone back??

Hammy89 likes this.
  20. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    Naw. I have the champaign out.

Edit: champaign :56:

Champions0607 likes this.