1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Celtic v Ugly HUN Bastards Sunday may 1st Sky Sports football kick off 12pm

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Henrik 07, Apr 24, 2022.

Discuss Celtic v Ugly HUN Bastards Sunday may 1st Sky Sports football kick off 12pm in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Mickmac Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    James Forrest
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Strange game. After 15mins I was saying we'll need to make subs if this doesn't improve then after an hour was disappointed we weren't 3-0 up then by full time was happy with the draw. At the start they were pressing higher and harder than us. Our midfielders seemed scared to go into their half. I'm assuming that wasn't the plan as Ange was going mental on the touchline.
    League won now anyway despite the naysayers on here.
    At the start of the season we were mostly saying just get within 5 points of them and maybe win a cup so got to be ecstatic with how the season's gone. We will be even better next season.

2. HenriksRightBoot

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Before the game, I would take a draw. The way it panned out, we were very lucky indeed to come away with a point.

Yes, a disappointing display today, especially second half. Not easy on the eye at all.

But it's all about clinching the title, to get it over the line. Today was a huge step towards that.

3. dmac

Where has the intensity from the 3-0 game gone today we invited them on to us we let them boss the midfield granted had we taken our chances we could have been out of sight in the 1st half but we didn't get the way the team played in the 2nd half you would have thought we did. In the end it's as it was but today as a disappointing display especially the 2nd half

4. Champions0607

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    I honestly can’t believe some of the comments in here along with some of the boys in the WhatsApp group chats.

This time last year we were a * laughing stock. Sevco we’re already celebrating league title number 2 and consistently dubbed us the gift that keeps on giving at the start of this season (losing 3 of our first 6).

* me, wakey wakey lads.. the job has been done, we pretty much wrapped up the title today, guaranteeing us CL & £40 mil windfall. You see the job Ange has done with 2 windows, he’s given us a league title no one ever imagined, he’s rebuilt a good team and changed the mentality. Ange now has a fortune to play with. Imagine what he brings in now with the champions league carrot and the millions of cashola!!

I’m out the back with the hoops on, the Rebs on, tennents in hand because today we effectively won the title!

regardless of our second half. Job is done. Ange is a sexy *, the huns are still sister * * and we’ve won the double!! How have we achieved that considering the state of us 1 YEAR AGO!!

* buzzing and my hardon is massive

Last edited: May 1, 2022
  5. TheHappyLoss

No idea how they got a draw. Will never celebrate drawing wi they *

Easter Rd Davie likes this.
  6. Sonic Reducer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mr Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Symphony
    Perfectly put....were so fukin predictable it almost laughable.

Sydneysider and Lupis like this.
  7. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

I agree with this *.

Had anyone actually got any differing opinions on the result? Aye the game in 90 could have been won but it also could have been lost on another day. We win the league against hearts next week all day.

Mon eh champions :ange:

Montero and gazb1888 like this.
  8. AussieGreek

Swallow Swallow is in meltdown mode.

Some are even saying that we have a bigger rebuild then them next season

9. CountyDownFaithful

Obviously winning today would have been the icing on the cake but don’t let that detract from the fact we are now inches away from lifting the league trophy.

A league trophy that we were never supposed to win. After the first few games of the season, the Huns were convinced that their B side could win the league and Ange would be gone by Xmas.

We were poor for large spells today yet we could have coasted to a 2/3-0 victory if we had taken our chances when 1-0 up. We didn’t come out for the second half and the game swung in their favour. Bearing in mind they had to win today, of course they were going to fling everything at us.

A draw isn’t what we all wanted but it’s job done really. 6 point gap (effectively 7 with goal difference) and 3 games to go.

We beat them in the 2 biggest derbies of the season. 3-0 at home to kickstart the title race and 2-1 away to extend the points gap which we have maintained since.

Doesn’t matter how we get over the line, it’s just getting over it that matters.

10. JamesM09

If I told you at the start of the season we’d be playing Ralston and Taylor at full back with 3 Japanese boys, a 21 year old from MK Dons and a 19 year old Israeli winger coming on for the final derby of the season, you’d assume we were coming second this year.

Not only are we 6 points clear, we’re disappointed to only draw a game that was a must win for them.

We will be champions against all the odds and we’ll continue to progress.

I mean for * sake if we had a bit more time in the summer we wouldn’t have lost 3 of our first 6 and we would’ve won the league weeks ago.

Trust the process fellas. Ange isn’t stupid, he can see Hatate is struggling. He knows we’ll win the league but he’s playing the long game. It’s been an outstanding season.

11. Dalbeth3

Fav Celtic Player:
    to many greats to be able to pick one
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Fur * sake ,,, your drinking Tennents,,,, get a fukin grip man,,,, Tennents,,,,, i know things are tuf,,,, BUT ,,,, fukin Tennents,,,,,:eek::eek:

12. Champions0607

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    tennents is a 10/10 beer btw!!

Dalbeth3 likes this.
  13. stirfry999

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hatate oreily kyogo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    y n w a
    Best post of the day we'll said that man

charlietully, gazb1888 and DonnyCelt like this.
  14. stirfry999

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hatate oreily kyogo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    y n w a
    Agreed

15. stirfry999

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hatate oreily kyogo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    y n w a
    What happened at the end of the game with both sets of supporters according to bbc scotland there was mayhem

16. DEADEYECFC

Fav Celtic Player:
    teemu pukki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Without their 4 first team defenders wind it in ffs

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

17. Mystic Penguin

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Amhrán na bhFiann
    I get people saying it will be scrappy going forward in games with them but I genuinely believe if the board give ange the funds this summer we can blow these * away again. They will need to sell.

They've backed him so far let's hope it continues especially with the CL money.

bobs1974 likes this.
  18. Dalbeth3

Fav Celtic Player:
    to many greats to be able to pick one
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Huns last year 102 points ,,,,, us last year 77 points.

Where are we this year ?? ,, one cup in the bag so far,,,, also 31 points turn around this year

bobs1974 likes this.
  19. buchanbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    jimmy johnstone
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie malley song
    Disappointed at the result and performance, was hoping we would blow these * away but would have been devastated had we come away with nothing.

20. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    John Terry seemed to enjoy himself.

I know hes not everyones cup of tea but what a defender he was, was funny hearing how he csme to like Celtic,, goimg against his brothers, lol