1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Celtic v Ugly HUN Bastards Sunday may 1st Sky Sports football kick off 12pm

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Henrik 07, Apr 24, 2022.

Discuss Celtic v Ugly HUN Bastards Sunday may 1st Sky Sports football kick off 12pm in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Lecs

Just a lot of ugly * in the hun support. So many ugly * in one corner of the stadium.

seanm, johnboy19, Lennon1888 and 3 others like this.
  2. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

They're no mugs, but it's the manner of our performances against them. Shambles in the semi-final and today was just awful for the vast majority of the game. 1 shot on target at Celtic Park is simply nowhere near good enough.

We've actually only outplayed them once this season in 5 games, and like you said it was a case of us catching them cold. They came with the wrong set up and mindset.

Considering they're playing midweek games as well, there's absolutely no way they should be finishing games stronger than us on our own pitch. It was backs against the wall stuff the last 15/20 minutes.

MagicBallBhoy and seanm like this.
  3. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    Hahaha Kris 'thanks for bringing the beach balls in support in getting to Seville'.

... You're 1-0 down, pal.

seanm, Ciaran_67 and Boruc17 like this.
  4. Rydo1888* Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Embarrassing that sky employ that bloon of a guy

seanm likes this.
  5. neilly1987 Do I look happy? Do I look settled? Gold Member

That's where the huns fans were sitting

oh bhoy likes this.
  6. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    Narrative changes if CCV scores that shot.

In reality, it was a close games decided on fine margins.

Both teams were great and the ref certainly helped them out.

seanm likes this.
  7. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Bar 25 mins of the first half i thought we were woeful.

I get that the result is the bigger picture but I don't know how anyone can be happy with that performance especially with so many fans in the stadium and knowing what it meant.

Too many half arsed performers today for me. That's what I find unacceptable from any celtic team.

8. bkk bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hard to choose ... different players for different era's
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    a defeat is what i felt last week.. im disappointed today but maybe i am unlike others on here and a defeat really hurts, dont want to read about match or listen to podcasts etc. Im ok today to go over and listen to celtic chat / podcasts etc

we have been poor last 2 games against them but i think most players have said its difficult getting over the line. Pressure on lots of our players so lets give them the benefit of the doubt, be thankful we win the league and hopefully get rid of some of the dross and build for next year

Sevco might get a result midweek .. and they have the scottish cup final to come ,, but at the moment they have won nothing and we have 2 trophies in the bag ( still have to land the title but its ours unless the team decide to down tools )

Im going to enjoy the run in over the next 3 games.. if we had actually lost today i would be concerned. Hope we find our form and skelp the Diets.. party in the stands and another party against Motherwell. Id happily take that every year

seanm likes this.
  9. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

Disappointed? Nah

* get in!!!!!!!

StPauli1916 likes this.
  10. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    D
    Don’t agree with that at all to be honest.

They dominated us at Hampden. Result was close but performance wise it wasn’t. Similar to today.

MagicBallBhoy, TonyTim and Mr Shelby like this.
  11. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

It was a close game because both teams were rotten. We let ourselves down badly that day, given the huns had just played 120 minutes a few days prior.

Hammy89 likes this.
  12. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Fair points mate but honestly felt like that performance was good pathetic for at least 65/70 minutes. First 20 were woeful, then pretty much all of the second half. Obviously I’ll be delighted when we win the league but we really need to be beating them at home.

13. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Almost carbon copy for me.

They press us and we haven't a clue how to break it. Continually giving them the ball and space out wide to cross. It was very very similar.

Even down to us blowing out our *.

Valhalla likes this.
  14. Lupis Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    If only it were just one misplaced pass. But as I said earlier in this thread, we badly need a big physical CM with pace as too many of our current midfielders are not cut out for it when things get physical. McGregor gets pass marks, but there is no other combination of our current midfielders that gives us some steel in the midfield. In an even playing field that wouldn't matter as the opposition would be getting punished if things go too far, but against us teams get away with murder and nothing happens, so we need to be physically and mentally quick and strong in the heart of the team to counter that in some games. We just don't have that option currently, I really hope it gets addressed in the summer.

MagicBallBhoy likes this.
  15. Zander Gold Member Gold Member

How many times did we expect to outplay them this season? Genuinely.

We might not have outplayed them but we absolutely deserved the win at Ibrox. You could argue we were unlucky not to get more at Ibrox on the first game. We were poor in the cup and had a poor 60 mins today (first 15, then 2nd half). But overall its been pretty * for tat in the derbies this season, which is much more than I ever expected.

We were told that things would take time, that Ange 2nd season is always better than the 1st. We have done amazingly to match rangers on the field this year and win two trophies. I'm not going to let myself forget where we've come from this season when considering how I feel about these games.

16. belbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie maley...the shebeen version
    Time to put it in perspective, we had 77 points last season ffs the last 4 years champions total points were 89-82-80-87 we are on 86 with 3 winnable games to go!!! win them and the total is 95 the best season since 16/17 Brendan's unbeaten one, the Huns only had 89 last year and apparently they are world beaters who could field 2 teams and finish 1st and 2nd!!, this is a new team and to me its miraculous were we are at this stage of the Ange revolution, the Japanese signed in January came from the other side of the world and had no breaks and we have had numerous new players adapting to the country and environment, a good pre season and players gelling will do us the world of good, so roll on next week with a 3-0 win against the mini huns. mon the hoops:ynwacelti:party22:

17. LectersLuncheon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    Agree with the sentiment.

But * me we look so weak.

Reminicant of the performances against Bodo.

A team gets in our faces we * it.

They win literally every * 50/50, with Maeda (again), hatate, and Rogic * it.

Right niw, as youve put, its not an issue given our point advantage.

You put that fixture at Ibrox... We lose it.
    You put that fixture if were level on points? We couldve * the league.

Whether its Ange, Calmac, or even * john kennedy, someone needs to have a * STRONG word with these players.

packybhoy, Mr Hoopy and Bonobhoy like this.
  18. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

For me, the disappointment today comes from how perfectly set up it was for us to go out and put on a show.

Home derby to all but seal the title. The players should come out absolutely flying, full of energy and purpose. Ram home that we deserve this league because we're the better team. We got none of that.

19. Colin Robinson Gold Member Gold Member

Bodo Glimt was the same. We were lousy against their own press and didn’t press ourselves as a unit

LectersLuncheon and Mr Shelby like this.
  20. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Said it in his thread but Ange m has some major decisions to make this summer even if they’re unpopular.

If we’re doing anything in Europe we need upgrades in almost every department.

Mr Shelby likes this.