1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Christopher Jullien

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Valhalla, Jun 28, 2019.

Discuss Christopher Jullien in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. CountyDownFaithful

Stiff and rusty is exactly how he looked when he came on against Raith in the cup a couple of months ago.

Haven’t seen the game today but if those are the words being used to describe him then obviously his recovery is going to be a really slow one.

We can’t afford to have any passengers especially given the wages he will be on and he wasn’t an Ange signing. I can’t see him having the speed or passing agility to play the way Ange wants to.

2. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Ange has been very good in assessing players and I imagine he will probably have his opinion already on whether Jullien has a future in his team or whether he will be sold this summer.

3. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

4. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

The format of the Glasgow Cup meant McIntyre could call on some more experienced figures, with Christopher Jullien and Mikey Johnston both starting.

And playing alongside two players packed with first-team experience is something the manager believes will only help his players.

He added: “I thought the first team lads coming in done well, so I’m pleased with that to get them 90 minutes, but for us, it’s disappointing not making the final.

“Jullien is a great role model, young Josh Dede is only 16 and playing alongside him, as is Ewan Otoo.

“So it’s great for us that he can come in and it was a big bonus.

“Again, the attitude was first class from Jullien and I thought Johnston was the same.”

5. Ryanm1984

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kyogo
    He's a guy that needs to play to get up to speed. Lennon said something similar when he 1st signed.
    Hes looked stiff and rusty bcoz he's played 20 mins of football in 16 months.

Wont be able to judge him fairly until pre season when he gets more game time..... If he's still here

King of Kings likes this.
  6. Northerner Ave Maria

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Is our defence settled?

7. Ryanm1984

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kyogo
    We have 2 Centre half's who lost their 1st domestic game together of the season in the middle of April. So aye

ladbroke8, eire4, bobs1974 and 4 others like this.
  8. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    If we sign CCV then I don’t see anyway back for big Chris, Starfelt is gonna start along side CCV and I’m sure big Chris will have a year left on his contract.

I think we need to try and cash in on him before he goes on a free.

9. Foley1888

What I saw of the game today, he looked painfully slow, like not above a jog type slow, what did look sharp was his distribution.He was comfortable of either foot knocking middle and long passes along the floor into midfield and the forwards.

The defence did look like it had been thrown together as the other centre back Otoo isn’t long back either and what I saw looked like he would have been better at full back than centre back.

10. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    If he’s lost the small bit of pace he had, he’s done. I’m hopeful with a full pre-season behind him, we’ll see him back to what he was. And I think he’ll get that chance because there’s no chance of a decent fee in the summer for him, if it looks like the injuries done too much damage to him he’ll probably go on a free.

I’m hopeful to see him back amongst it, challenging for his place after pre-season, but I think that’s the last we’ve seen of him.

Which I’m a bit gutted about, his passing and aerial threat in this team could take us up a level. But even at his best, I don’t think he’s got the pace for it. And it’d be a fight between him and CCV, rather than Starfelt, even though I 100% think he’s the better CB than him, he’s nowhere near Starfelt at the job Starfelt’s got in this system.

11. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

12. Dannybhoy81

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul mcstay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The celtic symphony
    I wonder if that means he is getting a game tomorrow, especially since CCV was missing from the training videos

13. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Dunno mate looks like from his insta tonight he is in the house.

14. Dannybhoy81

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul mcstay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The celtic symphony
    Aye I suppose he would be with the team just now if he was in the squad

15. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Might be in. Decent hotel too * knows

16. Dip 'n' Swerve

good height, good heading ability, threat from attacking corners.
    in terms of strength etc him and ccv are day and night - in saying that it has been so long since we see him play.
    if we win the league with games to spare would be good to see him get a few games along with guchi and dembele?

whatever happens we need another ccv type player next season and keep ccv on a long term contract (ive a felling jullien could be moved on)

17. hiphopaddict

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paulo Di Canio
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Loansome Boatman
    This man was a rock for us in defence up until he got that injury.....and a major goal threat in the opposition box....(goal in Lazio at CP and sevco in League Cup Final)....

People are saying he's not going to move CCV and Starfelt from the centre half spots. Thats true at the moment. But what people need to remember is we need quality back up in every position. I would rather have a fit and ready Jullien as a back up centre half than the ones we have at the moment. Welsh is no bad...but for me he is too small for a centre half and still a bit raw to be thrown in for say a Champions League game.

We cant just say "he's no going to get a regular game, he should move on". We do need a squad of good players with quality back up in every position.

18. Twisty Rodgers out !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    If we can get him back to his best and keep a hold of CCV, it leaves our defence looking pretty * solid. Just need a left back really to compete with Taylor, if that's the case.

King of Kings and eire4 like this.
  19. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    If CCV signs that would be immense news but we still need 4 senior center half's so if Ange does not feel Jullien has a long term future at the club and he is sold this summer he will need to be replaced.

Twisty likes this.
  20. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    He's done here..