1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Jota.

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Luis1967, Aug 31, 2021.

Discuss Jota. in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. ApartPidgeon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    I've been thinking that for a while. I think our only chance is if we can offer champions league football

2. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Games like today it is clear why we need to do all we can to convince him to stay along with CCV.

Hes a match winner.

Tommy25, Wllm and Hammy89 like this.
  3. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    The boy is class. Dont care what anyone says, we should pulling out all the stops to keep him.

With a sustained run of fitness and games the numbers he would get would be crazy. So dangerous and so positive when on the ball.

Tommy25 and Hammy89 like this.
  4. Paul67 Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Best game since his injury. Hopefully finish the season the way he started his time here.

Tommy25, KennyBhoy87 and Hammy89 like this.
  5. Double Dutch

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Sexy wee man.

6. elbhoydo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
  7. Rydo1888* Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Tommy25 likes this.
  8. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

CELTIC star Jota refused to discuss his future at Celtic but insisted he’s loving his time in Glasgow.

The Portuguese winger – on loan from Benfica – has long been linked with making a permanent switch to Celtic in a £6million deal.

Jota, 23, is a fan favourite at Parkhead and wild speculation over negotiations between Celtic and Benfica has continued throughout the season.

But Jota – and Celtic boss Ange Postecoglou – are paying it no attention.
    "Not a chance am I thinking about next season, I am just enjoying day by day”, said Jota of the ongoing transfer speculation.

It has been a terrific season for me and I am just enjoying getting to know the people around me.

"I am trying to be a better person and a better player and I am being with quality players every day.

"I don't want to talk about that. I just want to enjoy and give everything for this shirt.

As a football player you need to keep your mind on the pitch, that's all that matters.

"Bureaucratic things are for others, please just let me enjoy my football.”

Jota’s late strike in Dingwall was his 11th of the season, and he’s offered 12 assists also in a successful loan period in Glasgow.

But his experience at Celtic would only be amplified if his side were to go on to claim the title in the final four matchdays – starting against Rangers next week.

Jota added: "It's been a terrific fight against them (Rangers) these are the games we want to play.

"It will be another good fight for sure.

"Of course when you are a Celtic player you have to keep in mind the title, which we do game after game.

"This is a marathon so we keep on doing our thing. There are some games to go, really important games and now we need to rest before going strong to the other ones."

Postecoglou was similarly coy when quizzed on whether a deal to bring Jota to Glasgow permanently. The Celtic boss – never one to give too much away – instead insisted his only thought was on a result in the Highlands and more generally, a successful loan for Jota and Celtic.

Asked if there was any update on a move for Jota, Postecoglou said: “If anyone thinks we’re thinking of anything other than what happened today, for all of us the most important thing is that we work hard to get a successful year out of this [Jota loan deal].

“Whatever happens beyond that, these conversations, there are two parties and if two parties want the same thing, then it will happen.

“He was good. With him, he had such a great start to the year then he had a significant injury. He’s another player who has just been really unfortunate this year with a disrupted year.

“He’s worked really hard to get back to the form we know he can.

“He was really good for the team and had a good all round game. Just in that final third, he was looking threatening like we know he can be. It was great for him.”

Last edited: Apr 24, 2022
    Tommy25 likes this.
  9. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

10. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    Sign the * contract.

11. FrankMcCallum Gold Member Gold Member

I could see us getting him on another loan.

12. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Waiting until the end of the season.

Just watch the Celtic social media accounts.

Hammy89 and marty89 like this.
  13. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

14. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

15. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Still hopeful he could sign.

I'm usually the most pessimistic of fans but I dunno what folk are the basing the "no chance he is signing" patter on :giggle1:.

AussieGreek, Tommy25, Hammy89 and 3 others like this.
  16. Free the Adblock Gold Member Gold Member

He does seem like he's loving it here tbf, always giving it laldy with the fans.

Tommy25 and gazb1888 like this.
  17. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Him not being signed already is absolutely nothing to do with us not wanting to pay the money.

Honestly man :giggle1:

18. RalstonFanClubPresident

Fav Celtic Player:
    Antoni Ralstonovic
    I like Ange's attitude to signing players, which is: if both parties want it to happen, it'll happen. We can't be twisting * arms to sign, because total commitment is essential to play in this system. Taylor mentioned it in his interview, that if you're not willing to work really hard, you won't get in this team. Players really wanting to be here is paramount.

To be fair to Jota, he's fully bought in and is working hard. It's up to him if he wants to commit to that long-term though. I've had my doubts for awhile that he'll sign, but I think it could be his loss of he doesn't. This is easily the best spell of his career, compared to a largely unsuccessful loan in Spain and failing to break into the Benfica team. And if he has his sights set on bigger things, fair enough, but I'm not sure there are that many better platforms to be noticed than by being an important member of an ultra attacking side in a league you can dominate.

Twisty likes this.
  19. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    Something has happened since he went back to Benfica for his rehab.

In saying that, he isn’t going to get a * sniff of first team football there if he goes back.

I thought the club could have tied both him and CCV then but maybe they are waiting till the league is won and the guarantee of champions league money.

20. apevrak

There is already heavy rumours about Benfica wanting to offload Everton in the summer, which means there will be a direct path into the first XI for Jota next season. I hope they stick with that Brazilian dud and Jota understand that he's better off developing in Scotland, winning trophies and potentially playing in CL next season.